Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 194 questions
votes
20 feet
Jan 1, 2014 by Sam
vote
Practically, yes. It will reach your subject from there, and even farther - the cord is very long. I don't know anything about the iPhone 5 though, so I can't say that it will work properly with that particular piece of tech. If you have previously recorded through the headphone jack, that it will work fine. The jack is just a standard stereo mini plug, or 1/8" stereo plug.
Jul 10, 2013 by rasterbate
vote
Yes you can we do it all the time. I'm thinking of trying to use 3 spliter so I can have 4 mica but have not tried it yet. Works great with 2.
Apr 22, 2014 by Jim Lee
vote
No. This microphone is a lavaliere or lapel mic and is designed to pick up the voice of the wearer. You will need a 'shotgun' type microphone for what you want to do, or a camera mounted microphone that is designed for wide areas.
Dec 26, 2013 by William Davis
vote
Well, it might work if you tape the mic to the top or side of the GoPro and forgo the clip. But, in any case, the mic is just not strong enough to pick up a lot of sound unless it's directly near the source of the sound
Dec 28, 2012 by Stringy
vote
I went to Radio Shack and bought a 1/8 plug to 1/4 plug adapter to put on the mic cord. Then I bought a model 274-017 XLR balanced adapter to plug it into a 3 prong mic port. Since the Audio-Technica system comes with a battery/preamp, you don't need a direct box. I plugged the mini adapter into the back of the balanced adapter and the whole thing into the mic port on my Fender amp system. Works like a charm and was suggested by my buddy who runs a recording studio. Just remember to turn the mic off when you're not using it so you don't run down the battery. You'll get very little sound out of it otherwise if the battery is dead. If your system has phantom power, it may work without the battery, haven't tried that yet. Probably spent about $20 total on the two adapters. Good luck! Kerry
Dec 23, 2012 by KERRY L KRAUSE
votes
I do not have an Iphone, i cannot say for sure. but it should work in any 3.5mm microphone jack
Oct 31, 2013 by Michael Haner
votes
There are only two things that I know of that could cause that (I have limited knowledge). A low battery or having been wet.
3 days ago by Jon Colson
votes
It will work with a standard 3.5 jack. However, you would need the Audio IN (not out) port on your camera. I don't have that model DSLR, so don't know how it works. However, you could also plug it into a separate recorder (like an Edirol or your phone) and sync the sound afterwards using your video editing software (it is more tedious that way, however).
Apr 21, 2014 by S. Jay.
votes
As long as the laptop has an audio input or line in, it should work!
Apr 8, 2014 by Jason
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   20   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers