Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Generic Audio/Video Composite Cable for Sega Dreamcast
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on November 28, 2011
I recently picked up a Dreamcast console second hand and the seller did not have the composite (white, red, yellow) cord for TV hookup. I knew that cables would be available for cheap on Amazon but worried that they may not work well. I ended up ordering these as they were cheap and had qualified for free Amazon Prime shipping.

When I received the cable, it fit very snug into the back of the Dreamcast. It required a little bit of force but I would consider that a plus since the cord is less likely to become unplugged. Other than that, the cable worked properly when hooked up to my TV.

I suggest you purchase this aftermarket composite cable because an official SEGA one will be very difficult to find in this day. These work exactly the same and have sustained a few months use, thus far.

If you happen to be looking for a better Dreamcast experience on your HDTV, look into the VGA Box Adapter S Video BRAND NEW for Sega Dreamcast as most of the Dreamcast games have the ability to play in 480p, which looks incredible when compared to standard quality picture.
on June 13, 2011
I bought these after I purchased a Dreamcast system off of Ebay. These are cheap and had good reviews so I thought 'Why not?'. I received my Dreamcast and I used these cords and to my dismay, nothing appeared on the screen! I tried using a different TV; nothing. After being very confused I tried many different things and it turns out that the cables I received were coded wrong! Red was video, and yellow and white were audio! They work but really frustrated me at the beginning so I couldn't give them a full 5/5, but I do recommend these to anyone who needs Dreamcast cables!
on December 2, 2013
So I bought two of these off of here and thought they were broken. I tried multiple Dreamcast and it still wouldn't work. After reading on here YOU NEED TO JAM IT INTO THE AV OUT PORT. If that doesn't work then you probably got some bad cables, or try switching them around as they may be coated wrong. I spent wayyy too much time researching how to get these to work.
on November 2, 2013
This av cable does not seem to work with my HD TV even though I plugged it in correctly and made sure it was in the dreamcast correctly so I decided to buy a VGA cable instead since I have a slot for that on my TV so I hope that works but for those who use HD TV's when trying out the dreamcast hopefully it will work for you if not then you will have to find a different solution but its a real pain and I even ordered two different av cords and it still didn't work lol. If there is a solution to this problem feel free to comment.
on January 28, 2013
The first (and only) time I tried to use it, the plastic surrounding the connections broke off as I was plugging it into the dreamcast, after which half of the shoddily soldered joints just fell apart. What a waste. The most disappointing part was that my friend and I were having a retro game day, and had to not play any Dreamcast games because this cable failed the moment I needed it.
on March 18, 2013
Very flimsy and did not work at all. Also, don't be fooled by sellers that say "Dreamcast cable," but do not state in their listings that their items are not an original brand, but are actually manufactured by a third-party.
on January 24, 2013
My son used these a couple of times and they just stopped working. I thought it was the console so I purchased a used one on Craigslist. After trying to plug these cables into the new console, I realized it was these video cables that did not work. What a waste of money. Don't bother buying, they may work fine for a short time but they will not last. JUNK!!!!
on January 1, 2014
A little stiff to plug in the Dreamcast at first. I plugged in the AV cable, turned the unit on and the TV screen was black. Tried what another reviewer had to deal with (mis-colored cables), but it was still black. So I take a closer look and plug the cable back in, felt that it could go more, and just pushed a little harder. Viola! works great, and cheap if you lost the original cable.
on January 16, 2013
There was audio output, but no video output coming from the television. I even tried switching the input cables because one reviewer said they were coded incorrectly. Don't bother with this cheaply-made product. Try another option or at least, another seller. I bought it from SethCo.
on December 21, 2012
Nothing much to say; hooked it to my dreamcast and then to my AV box and nothing came up.
Tried to connect it directly to the TV and still no signal, neither audio or video.
Double checked if it was the dreamcast with my S-Video cable and the picture came up without problems, so it must be the cable.

I think that the quality is totally random...you may get a good cable or a bad one, since I see reviews of other users that had a functioning cable.

See 1 answered question