Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Max Payne 3 - Playstation 3 forum

Audio problems on PS3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 15, 2012 11:41:35 AM PDT
MikeV. says:
Anyone having audio problems on their PS3 version of max payne? I'm on the Stadium chapter and the audio is seriously messed up

Posted on May 15, 2012 4:50:15 PM PDT
daggertoes83 says:
Im not having audio problems but my sytem did freeze then shut off. that level to. Loaded it back up and all is well. Very fun level.

Posted on May 15, 2012 10:26:38 PM PDT
MikeV. says:
I had to reset the game but it eventually started working correctly. I think I might have to go back and replay that chapter since most of the dialog was cut out. I can't wait to continue playing. I knew it was going to be a good game since its Rockstar, but wasn't completely sure they were going to do Max justice. As soon as I popped the game in and heard the main theme I knew I should've never doubted them lol. Needless to say, I'm extremely pleased with the game so far. Especially the flashbacks to New Jersey.

Posted on May 17, 2012 12:54:49 PM PDT
paper tiger says:
I have not had any audio problems at all. Sounds great. Weird how restarting helped.

In the stadium chapter there is a lot of echo. Maybe your audio system is on the wrong channel or your speakers are have a simulated surround which is effecting the audio. Mess around with your options.

Posted on May 17, 2012 9:32:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2012 9:35:08 PM PDT
Matthew says:
I've been having a fair amount of audio issues. I beat the game earlier, and during my playthough there were at least 5 or 6 cut scenes where I got no sound. There were also a few times that I got no commentary from Max when looking at clues. Luckily I was playing with the subtitles on so I didn't miss much story. I can't find many other people reporting the same thing so I think I'm just going to go exchange my copy tomorrow in hopes that that will fix the problems. Its an amazing game and I'd hate to have to keep dealing with these issues as I replay it a few times and go trophy hunting. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone smater than us will come along and let us know whats going on. Till then I reccomend using the subtitles.

Posted on May 19, 2012 5:01:01 PM PDT
Alexis says:
im having the same problems..
http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/21441848-max-payne-3-damaged-disc-console-random-crashing-freezing-missing-audio-game-not-installing
Rockstar is blaming either the ps3 or disc damage wth

Posted on May 20, 2012 10:45:04 AM PDT
SilverToxxin says:
The cutscene to start chapter 4 gave me audio problems. I could hear the music but the characters voices were silent. I took it as minor mishap and have not had a problem again. I'm on chapter 10 now. Seeing as others have had issues hopefully it can be remedied in an update.

Posted on May 21, 2012 1:44:52 PM PDT
paper tiger says:
I just got home from work, popped in my Max Payne 3 and there was a 59mb game update. Maybe that fixed the audio issues. I have not noticed any issues today!

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 7:32:58 PM PDT
R. Wlkins says:
No. It didnt. Im still having issues. On the level where the building is about to collapse I lose all audio and if I die it freezes on the black screen.

Posted on May 21, 2012 11:23:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2012 11:51:52 PM PDT
The audio went completely out of sync during the bus sequence under Chapter 10. I ran through it three times and they resulted the same thing. Did anyone experienced this problem?

Posted on May 22, 2012 12:23:09 AM PDT
Matt Foley says:
Same thing happened to me at the bus station

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 1:26:42 AM PDT
Which model is it exactly? My model is a first-gen 60gb.

Posted on May 22, 2012 4:41:30 AM PDT
paper tiger says:
I have a new PS3 Slim with an upgraded 750gig hard drive. I had only one issue and that was at the bus station for about 3 seconds where their voices did not match their mouths or what was happening. It was a very mild inconvience.

Hopefully another patch can fix this issue as it seems like more people are having it.

Posted on May 22, 2012 4:49:02 AM PDT
I'm so angry to be fair with the game and the makers them selves. I pre order MP3 long ago however I received a case with a faulty disc full of bugs to be real. I have no audio at all in story mode but that's not it. Online multiplayer takes forever to load then even when I get connected my online stats keep resetting. My experience points and my current level, my classes even to grinds everything resets. I'm so disappointed with Rockstar and take2games due to that fact they can sell a faulty product on the market and make millions. I wont be buying any more titles for a long while, thanks Rockstar.

Posted on May 22, 2012 4:56:12 AM PDT
paper tiger says:
Mr. A. A. Nurr,
I completely understand your frustrations, as I too pre-ordered Max Payne 3 years ago, however your issues sound pretty extream, you may want to return it for another. It is not the game, because it plays fairly flawless for me, so it is either a bad disc or your system.

By the sound of these complaints it seems like people with a PS3 Slim and an upgraded hard drive are having much less issues with this game. I had one slight audio issue and multiplayer froze up on me once, but besides that this is one of the most stable, well polished games I have ever played.

Don't be so hard on Rock*, they are an amazing company and when you are making billions of copys of something, there are bound to be a few bad eggs.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2012 5:24:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 22, 2012 5:25:00 AM PDT
Mr. paper tiger,
Hey thanks for your input I appreciate all the help I can get on this issue. Well let me just start off by saying its not my system as it is a fairly new machine. Also I even took my copy of max round to my mate who plays his copy fine unlike mine. My game didn't not work in his machine too however his copy works fine in his system and not in mine. Its just really confusing as to what the exact problem is.

However I have been reading about online and I must say I haven't come across bugs and problems as bad as mine and as consistent. The fact that everytime I turn off the machine my stats reset back to beginning is a unique one and no audio throughout story mode. Also during the load screen where Max is pouring alcohol from the bottle and smoking has glitches (invisible Max, just a floating bottle and cigarette).

I decided to wait for a couple of days as they could bring in a update to patch this out. However past two patches have made no improvement at all in terms of getting rid of all bugs and glitches currently present.

However I do enjoy rock* titles, I just want them to get back to what they are good at, great games we all love to play.

Thanks.

Posted on May 22, 2012 5:34:08 AM PDT
paper tiger says:
That was going to be my next question: did you update with the 2 most recent patches.

It does sound like you are having some serious disc issues, and NO, that should not happen, so shame on Rock* for that. You pay $60 for a game and you expect it to work!

Best of luck, it is a great game and I hope you can play it one day.

Posted on May 22, 2012 7:47:34 AM PDT
SilverToxxin says:
Even after the update I have had missing/and or delayed dialogue. I have subtitles on and every once in a while I hear max say what I just read with a 10 second delay. I found this happened the most during the bus station chapter so that is consistent with what most are saying. My biggest issue is the MP crashing. 2 of the 4 times I tried MP I had to shut my system down due to it freezing. If anyone is wondering I have a 120GB slim model, just under 2 yrs old, with a 500 GB hard drive installed.

Posted on May 22, 2012 7:50:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 22, 2012 7:51:03 AM PDT
paper tiger says:
Well I think we can safely say that many people are having this issue with Max Payne 3 on the Playstation and it is not an isolated incident. I hate to say it, but has anyone hopped over to the XBox discussions to see if they are having issues as well? Or even MP3 on the PC?

Posted on May 22, 2012 11:29:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 22, 2012 11:32:41 AM PDT
Alexis says:
Yep same problem here bus station all cut of voice, sfx still playing on the background tho... I think.I'm going to RMA this one . PS3 slim 250gb...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 9:50:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 4, 2012 2:30:10 PM PDT
Same here on Chapter 10. I experienced it yesterday on the cutscene before the bus ride. There are another issues where sometimes most of the sound (namely music and voice acting) went completely silent, but that happened once.

Guess if I see the bug in Ch.10 today, I have to go and report it to Rockstar support... And it's a shame because it's a hell of a ride for a game!

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 10:38:13 AM PDT
paper tiger says:
I am on my second play though and the only problem I had was at the bus station, and it was very slight. Besides that, the game played flawlessly.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 3:15:58 PM PDT
Solid Snake says:
I had a very minor problem also I believe the bus station the audio was out of sync but the subtitles were still workin ok. Other then that no lockups in single player.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 4:03:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2012 4:04:26 PM PDT
I submitted the request for the for the mentioned sequence to Rockstar Support and contacted them via Twitter to make sure they got that problem on the PS3 (confirmed, the 360 doesn't have it).

Surprisingly, they answered my tweet and they don't only know about that... The out of sync audio of the bus station was scheduled for a fix!

Wait for the patch, guys!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 5:18:03 PM PDT
Yes, I am suffering through it right now.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  May 15, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Max Payne 3 - Playstation 3
Max Payne 3 - Playstation 3 by Rockstar Games (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars (571)