5.0 out of 5 stars Good product

1.0 out of 5 stars Volume Totally Inadequate
Published on July 13, 2012 by Disgruntled

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, November 16, 2011
So far my kids love it. it came with 2 ear sets so they both can use at the same time in the same movie they watch. The quality of picture is very nice. Great for travel with kids, they can play at home in the car on the boat at the beach under their bunk bed ... any where. The battery whole for a long time they can play 2 movies wiout charging it. First of all for this price is The BEST comparing to sony I had had die after 2 years. Thanks AMAZON.

5.0 out of 5 stars 7" Portable DVD player, March 11, 2012
I bought this dvd player for my 13 year old daughter. I wanted a dvd player that was of good quality at an affordable price, could play both old dvd's as well as the newer version Blue Ray dvd and I like the idea of a carry case with headphones, and car adapter.

I am very satisfied with the purchase, as the dvd player has lived up to my expectation.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, March 25, 2013
This review is from: AudioVox D9121ESK Dual 9-Inch Portable DVD Player with Mount Kit (Electronics)
Got this to replace a Phillips Dual DVD system that we had for about 4 years. So far, we love it! The screens are huge and they come with real headphones and not earbuds. My six year old sat in the car and watched tv in our garage, she was so excited.

The picture quality is very crisp and and the sound is just okay. The sound only goes up to 20 volume, but with headphones on, the sound is a lot better. If you have a newer vehicle that has an AUX port, just plug the AUX cable that's included with the player into the AUX port on the player and plug the other end into the port in your car and PRESTO, You have theater surround sound coming out of every speaker in the car!! The cable is long enough to run from the DVD player to the AUX port by the gear shift! My daughter feels like she's in the theater with the sound coming out of the car speakers! She loves watching movies in the car!

The only downside that I can see so far is the brackets that are included to attach the player to your head rest post is not large enough. I have a 2013 Hyundai and the head rest post are fatter than previous models, so I had to replace the screws with longer ones(Home Depot for less than $2.00)

The bracket comes put together, so unless your headrest is removable, you will have to unscrew the bracket and place it around the post and screw them back in. I could not figure out how to get my head rest off, so I just unscrewed the bracket. But if you can lift the headrest off, you just slip the bracket onto the headrest and slide the headrest back into its holes.

The brackets that are included are really nice. They tilt and adjust to allow more viewing angles. I will miss having two separate DVD players though. This unit has one master and one dummy unit that plays whatever is playing on the master unit., not a big deal though.

I did purchase the Square Trade 2 Year warranty coverage for less than $10, to protect my investment. Square Trade will repair or replace your unit if it can't be repair. They also provide free shipping each way if your unit requires repair. This set was a little pricey, so I went with additional coverage. Overall, I do recommend this set!

4.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, January 6, 2012
At least it worked. Brought this item for a 8 year old for Christmas. Came with a lot of extra for the money. The two sets of head phones were great for him and his sister. Came with case and ac, car and tv adapters. Also had remote control which was great. He loved it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Volume Totally Inadequate, July 13, 2012
The picture is nice and clear. The volume is a joke. Unless you have the unit on your lap in a quiet room, you can not hear the sound well enough to understand any dialogue. We purchased this item to use on an airplane during trips. Forget it. There is no way you could hear above the ambient noise even with earphones. This item was purchased through Price Pros via Amazon. I sent them an email to the address that was given on a notification that the item was being shipped asking how to return it over two weeks ago. To date there has been no response. So not only is the product unacceptable the company is not responsive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor volume output level caused me to return this item, May 8, 2012
I bought this portable dvd player for my kids to watch movies during a long airplane flight. Turned out it was useless. I noticed right off the bat that the volume level was low before putting the headphones in. With the headphones in with the background of the airplane noise, you couldn't hear anything, even with the volume turned all the way up. I contacted AudioVox to see if there was a setting I could change or if I was doing something wrong. They flat out told me that "the factory designed this model with a rather low volume level for some reason. There is nothing wrong with the unit and there is no setting to increase the volume. The best thing to do would be to return it to the place of purchase." So I returned it. I would not recommend buying it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor, and unreliable..., December 27, 2013
This portable DVD player was a dud. It didn't even last one year. Poor speaker quality, often 'locked up' and became unresponsive, and sometimes was unable to even ready some DVDs. The accessories, and options made this tempting to purchase, but the overall performance is not good. Save yourself some frustration, and go with Sony's version.

2.0 out of 5 stars DVD works fine, but the car charger connection is broken, February 27, 2014
I have no complaints with the DVD player, but the wire for the car charger degraded within several months of using it (and we only used it in the car a few times). The wire is so thin that it is vulnerable at the junction with the actual charging component, which is where it broke, under no particular stress. Seems silly that they would utilize such a weak wire for the car, when most people are likely using it in that setting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Portable DVD Player at A Great Price!, February 24, 2014
This is a great portable DVD player. Good sound, easy to use features, bright clear picture. Worth every penny! Compared to others this is the best one to buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, February 22, 2014
Scratched a few DVDS and would no longer plat them. I didn't try to return I just left it in the garage.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›