5.0 out of 5 stars Great for M-Audio AV40
Published 16 months ago by Jon Konrath

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but expensive
This supplements the A2 speakers so it will have an angle to maximize sound output. It is strong and well built. It is overly priced though as it is just a plasticky stand and nothing much.
Published 19 months ago by applegd07

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for M-Audio AV40, April 8, 2013
Jon Konrath (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Audioengine DS2 Desktop Speaker Stands (Pair) (Electronics)
I've got a pair of M-Audio AV40 monitors sitting on my desk, and these work perfectly. They're not the same width as the AV-40; you have maybe an inch of speaker hanging over each side, but they look perfectly fine like that. They aim the monitors up and at my head, but keep them lower so they're not hitting my monitor, so they work fine for me. Maybe they're slightly overpriced, and I could have made something out of wood from Home Depot, but I'm an idiot and probably would have cut off one of my fingers with a table saw - that clock I had to make in 8th grade shop class looked like a Salvador Dali masterpiece, so I'd rather spend a few bucks and get something that looks modern and nice, which these do.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for desktop monitors, January 28, 2012
Unless you already have stands for your desktop speakers, these are a very important addition. They help aim the speakers (the tweeter, which is the most directional driver) at your ears. They will also help minimize reflections from your desk and to some degree de-couple them for improved bass response.
I am using them with NHT Pro speakers and there was a dramatic improvement in imaging. The soft rubber adapts to the speaker very nicely.
Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but expensive, January 21, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits my M-audio AV40's, but just barely, March 31, 2014
I bought these to raise my M-Audio AV40's up by 15 degrees because the 8 degrees that the MoPad foam risers / speaker platforms just isn't steep enough to raise the tweeters and upper woofers up to ear level on my 40" W x 24" D (And 29" High) desk. They're quite small and take up much less space than the MoPads (which are HUGE by the way) and do a good job of both isolating the speakers from the desk and angling them up high enough for the drivers to point at my ears.

They're just barely big enough for this task though. There's roughly 1/2 and inch of speaker hanging off of the front and sides. The Audioengine DS2's seem like they'd go better with the M-Audio AV30's. If you have a small-ish desk and want to elevate and isolate your studio monitors, I recommend these speakers stands over the Auralex MoPads.

3.0 out of 5 stars Work fine. Would prefer a steeper angle. Pricey., January 30, 2014
Eric Hart (Burlington, VT United States) - See all my reviews
I use these with a set of Vanataoo speakers, which are similar in size to the AE-5+s. They sit on my desk, one on either side of me at about arm's length (about 6 feet betwen them). I'm guessing this is a pretty common setup. The ideal angle for me (to point the tweeters at my ears) would be a little more tipped, which I have achieved by inserting a pink gum eraser under each speaker (adds about 1/2" more tip). They look great without the erasers, the stands are very inconspicuous; obviously not quite so nice with the erasers. To be fair, the AE5+ is 3/4" taller, but if you are my height (6'2") you will want still want a little more "tip" as I do. There aren't a lot of options for this sort of stand, though. Take a look at the adjustable ISO Acoustic stands (disclaimer: I haven't seen those stands "in person", and they are more expensive).

Sound was fine before and is still fine; no noticeable change (I didn't have a "boominess" problem).

They seem expensive for what they are, but as-noted are cheaper than the ISO Acoustic stands, and I guess if you are the only one solving a problem, you can charge a bit more.

Quick delivery from ShopZiggy.

Summary: best for people who don't have long torsos at least in a computer desktop application.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stands for matching speakers, August 17, 2012
I have the matching A5 speakers and use these to get the speakers off a wooden shelf for clearer sound. You get what is advertised and it works as advertised. Firm rubber (like a door stop) acoustically separates the speaker and points them at a nice angle for general room listening. The A5's are bedroom size speakers so the angle helps even out the sound in a smaller room.

I didn't have any tipping problem like another reviewer reported - it seems unlikely it will fall without a good solid smack in the wrong place. The tilt angle seems very secure.

Sure, you could make your own if you need to save some money. They aren't fancy, just practical, just like the A5 speakers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Work well, as they should for the premium price, August 22, 2012
Acoustic foam would accomplish the same thing as these stands provided you have $5 and a razor blade handy. They do everything right, but as others have said, it burns when you think about how much they cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Stands That Angle the Speakers Just Right..., December 16, 2011
These stands are made of a sturdy (black) rubber and fit the speakers perfectly. They position the A5s at a great angle for listening when working at the desk (without adding too much height). Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, February 8, 2014
They're angled speaker stands. Speakers stand on them and they angle the speakers upward toward your ears. Not much else to say!

Pros:
- Works.
- Good rubberized texture for desk traction. Good smooth rubber, not the extremely grippy one that collects hair and dust.
- Can be used with any speaker really. I put my large KRK VXT6s on them and they provide the same practical function.

Cons:
- Personal preference, but it looks small paired with the AudioEngine A5. SLIGHTLY ruins the aesthetic appeal of a desk setup.
- Probably overpriced, but the alternatives aren't any better.

5.0 out of 5 stars These work perfectly., January 7, 2014
I purchased these for my M-Audio AV40 monitors, and, though they do stick off on the sides, I got the perfect angle up to my ears and am able to hear things accurately and clearly now. They're very nice, rugged, and look good supporting my speakers. If you have monitors in this size range and are looking to give them a boost, I would recommend these.

Audioengine DS2 Desktop Speaker Stands (Pair)
$34.00