Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on December 10, 2007
I purchased this unit to replace a previous Audiovox unit that failed after 2 years. While I preferred not to get another Audiovox due to that experience, there are not a lot of alternatives for an undercounter unit. I considered the Sony much too bulky, and the Philips unit only comes with the iPod slot which I don't want and consider annoying, so it's Audiovox again. After 3 weeks, I am satisfied with the unit. It is much sturdier in construction than the previous unit, and the design is sleek and handsome. The controls are well laid out and intuitive. Picture quality is only fair (using an analog cable input), but acceptable. When viewing a DVD, picture is actually very good, but who watches a DVD in the kitchen? Sound quality is also fair, about what I expected at this price (this is NOT a premium sound system).

Installation was easy, but I installed under a cornet cabinet, or it would have been a challenge. Who knows if this unit will last longer than the previous unit's 2 years, but at half the cost of the Sony, it seems worth the risk.
99 comments| 175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I have previously owned a portable Audivox DVD player for my car, which gave me all sorts of problems and Audiovox stopped supporting after only 3 years (in other words, they wouldn't repair at any price). Thus, I entered into this purchase with hesitation. However, I wanted an under-the-cabinet small screen TV, and there are only a few options in this market sector.

I should have learned, but same as my last Audiovox purchase, this one was problem-laden. While it worked (all of 6 weeks) it was adequate. Decent picture, average sound (I didn't expect more for the size and price), and installation was fairly easy.

However, about 5 weeks into ownership, the screen went black. No warning, no power. It happened once, and I thought perhaps a fluke event. However a week or so later it went black again, same thing, no power, no picture. And it never came on again.

I've called Audiovox again, and again their service has been non-existent. They actually recommend "buying a new one" and told me they "can't always get parts for these".

It makes me think they don't actually make any products but pay someone else to make items for them.

I wish I had just tried the more-expensive Sony.

PROS:
* Decent video quality
* Screen can be turned 270 degrees
* Remote is user-friendly
* Includes radio; decent sound.

CONS:
* Audiovox products seem prone to failure and Audiovox doesn't stand behind them. Warranty is virtually worthless
55 comments| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2007
I love my new audiovox tv.. It was delivered very promptly.. The only problem I had was liviing in a townhouse, getting the cable through and I had to hire an electrician at 250.00... The tv, however and all its features are wonderful...You can adjust the screen to fill it at wide angle or turn it to a portrait angle which does not fill the screen.. I dont mind cooking or cleaning in the kitchen now when my favorite tv program is on and I dont have to run back and forth during commecials. The price at Amazon was the best anywhere!!! Free shipping and no tax...cannot be beat...Picture quality is great and can be altered to fit your preferences. It was fun watching my jpgs on it as a slide show
22 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2007
At $230, pretty expensive for a 9 in screen but that said, the picture and sound are terrific and the installation and set-up are fairly straight forward. A DVD player is included, which I do not intend to use.

Be prepared to drill some holes in your cabinet if you intend to hang it under a counter. The screws supplied are round-headed which would have interfered with the movement of the plates in the cabinet above. I changed them to flat-head screws and countersunk them which made it a neat and seamless install.

I really like this product now that I've used it and recommend it to anyone wanting a discrete TV in a small space. One negative, Audiovox provides a 90 day warranty.... what happened to 1 year??????
on February 10, 2008
First off, the product works fine and overall we are happy with it. However, there are three very annoying things about this TV:

1. The auto-seek tuning makes manually tuning AM or FM stations tedious. You have to push the tune buttons for the proper duration to make them stop on the station you want. It's trial-and-error to find the proper station.

2. When the power fails, you lose the time AND the saved AM and FM station presets. The discovered TV channels survive the power failure just fine. This is especially annoying given how difficult it is to tune the stations in the first place. See #1 above.

3. Even though we have digital cable with many channels, the TV only "discovered" channels 1-135. You can't enter the number for a channel above 135 on with the keypad. You can only use channel up or channel down for channels beyond 135.

The overall picture is ok. The LCD panel mount is a bit wobbly, but if you are careful and don't allow kids to play with it, it should give years of service. Audio quality is adequate and plays loud enough to hear across our small kitchen.

There aren't many choices in under-cabinet televisions for under $300. This is the best we found in that price range.
on October 2, 2007
I am a bit disappointed w/ the quality of the picture--I can't figure out what it is that needs to be tweaked. It also is smaller than I expected--the TV picture does not use the entire screen and I do not think that is adjustable for TV, altho' it may be for DVD which I have not tried. The buttons on the remote are teeny. But since this is more of a background TV for me and I watch it only for short periods of time, it works for me. I have not tried the radio or DVD player--probably never will. I bought it for the TV only, and that is adequate for my purposes.
on September 28, 2007
I ordered the VE927 to replace a smaller Audiovox drop down model that I had in my kitchen for several years and which always worked flawlessly. The earlier model was wall-mountable and I assumed the VE927 would be also. It wasn't. In fact the VE927 is not even VESA compatible. None of the information provided on Amazon indicated that it was not wall-mountable. However, I figured out a way to hang it just like a picture which is functional, but it looks kind of dumb. After about an hour of use, it displayed a "No Signal" message. Even when I hooked it up to another antenna and a cable connection, I got the same message. The DVD and radio functions were OK. I sent it back to Audiovox and they repaired it in a couple weeks. Now, I notice that sometimes the screen will go black with the sound on. When I turn it off and on again it works OK. If you need a wall-mountable kitchen TV I would go with a larger EDTV/HDTV flat screen instead of the VE927. I would avoid Audiovox because of quality problems.
on January 11, 2008
We bought this for my mother as a gift. She absolutely loves it. The picture quality (with cable hooked up) is as good as their big HDTV in the living room (of course the size helps that). It swivels and can be seen clearly throughout her large kitchen. The sound quality is great too. The remote even has a magnet and sticks to the fridge. She couldn't be happier with this.

We also got free shipping from the seller, and it arrived in 3 business days after ordering it, and the price seems quite reasonable. I would recommend this product to anyone.
on July 10, 2008
I purchased this item 5 months ago. It has a 90 day warranty. The TV tuner is now broken and displays a "No Signal" message. Other Amazon reviews mention the same problem. A quick internet search reveals that this is a recurring problem with this product. I called Audiovox customer service, and, after being "on hold" for a half hour, I was told to call a different number. Audiovox has contracted out all of their service except for car stereos. After being on hold for another half hour, I talked to a Venturer service rep, who said they would repair or replace the unit for $30. He said the repair would take 5-6 weeks, and I have to send the unit "prepaid" to Buffalo, NY. Now I have to find a box and packing material.

For those considering this product and hoping the one they purchase won't have defects, the picture quality is average, and the sound quality is poor.

I do not advise buying this product, nor do I advise buying any product with a 90 day warranty. Also, any good company should cover shipping for repairs during the warranty period. In my opinion, Audiovox is not a good, customer-oriented company, and I will not purchase their products in the future..Audiovox VE927 Ultra Slim 9-Inch LCD Drop Down TV with Built-in Slot Load DVD Player
on September 24, 2007
I love my Audiovox TV! The picture and sound quality are both quite good. It is very conveniently folded away when not in use. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a kitchen TV.