Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Audiovox XMEXT50 50 Foot Indoor/Outdoor Antenna Cable Extension
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on February 18, 2006
It is a very good product ,but the problem I had was that all of my antenna's connectors are 90deg. You can still use it like this but the rubber boot will not cover the connection. I purchased another antenna and still had to remove parts to get it to work.It was kind of a pain but wish I could have found more specifications before my purchase.
on March 16, 2006
Received the item promptly. It was as advertised. All connections were easily done. And it has worked flawlessly since it received it. I would recommend it to anyone who needs an extended lenth to receive xm signals.
on December 5, 2009
We like to listen to XM Radio at home. Unfortunately, if the radio is not situated in a southerly exposure you cannot receive the transmission from the satellite. The solution is to run an antenna extension to a southerly exposure.

The product is a wonderful solution but cheaply made. At the get go, the end that fits into the radio broke off and was lodged in the radio jack.

I had to send both the antenna and the radio back to Audiovox for warranty covered repairs.

Save all your receipts for any Audiovox purchases as the warranty is good for a year from purchase date. In this case they sent me a new radio and new antenna.

Be careful how you plug the jacks in as they are delicate.
on November 4, 2009
The boot for the connection to the cable from the XM Antenna does not adapt to the 90 degree connector molded on to the cable end on the XM -10A Universal Express Home Kit antenna .
on August 8, 2009
I needed an extension so I could listen to my satellite radio in my garage. I had no windows and the garage door was too far away from the radio set-up, plus I wanted to hide the wires. I needed the extension to gain clear sky and hide my wires in the attic. So the extension has solved my problem. Luckily I did have a connection that is straight and not L shaped. Maybe Audiovox could come up with a connection for L shaped connections. So many home satellite antennas come with an L shaped connection.
on May 4, 2013
I have two sections of this XM antenna cable. One for my home and the other for my shop. It is real easy to work with as well as flexible. I do think it's a bit pricy, but it has been very reliable......so-far. Thanks.
on April 29, 2012
I have my "Man Cave" in a finished basement. I had to snake the antenna cable from upstairs down through the floors and inside the walls in order to make the connection to my surround sound system. The antenna cable extension (with built-in signal booster)made it possible to deliver clear reception to my audio system.
on November 22, 2014
This is a great product if you need an extension for your "XM" or "SiriusXM" radio. I have my antenna at a south facing window and connected to the extension which runs under my house and to my radio in a different room. Now I get a full satellite signal on my Onyx Plus. Like others have mentioned, if you have a right angle connector on your antenna you'll have to leave the rubber boot off. That would only be an issue if you're planning to run the cable outdoors. This extension is exactly what I needed and I have no complaints at all.
on December 26, 2008
I bought this to connect a Delphi SkyFiII to a Terk outdoor XM antenna. The antenna has a coax connection and comes with an adapter to plug this cable into. A rubber boot (provided) covers the connection from the cable to the adapter to the antenna. The issue is the cable-to-adapter connection is a slip fit - and it slips. I tried using coax all the way into the house, but had no signal strength when it was all said and done. So, I used a 3' RG6 coax to get the slip-fit connection to a place I could protect it and take any wind or other stress that would make it come apart out of the picture. I know you have to limit how much coax you use because the signal goes away in a hurry, but 3' resulted in no signal loss. After all that, everything was perfect. I then added an XM signal repeater and that was icing on the cake. The whole package is fantastic - I just don't like the slip-fit connection on an outdoor antenna. Maybe should have researched a coax-compatible amplifier, but in the end, this is working, so . . . . .we're happy.
on March 28, 2008
Works great, nice clean signal. Like the other reviewer, I too had an issue with a 90 degree connection. But since it's indoors, it really doesn't matter if the rubber boot covers the connector.