5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book
This is a wonderful book teaching about how to become better auditors. I used this for my textbook, and the book really helped me out a lot. Thank you, Larry Rittenburg, Karla Johnstone, and Audrey Gramling!
Published 14 months ago by Terrace

1.0 out of 5 stars most frustrating textbook ever
The previous reviews here were, I believe, written before the people ever attempted to read or make any sense whatsoever out of this book. It shocks me to see that this book ever made it to it's 8th edition!

Published on March 10, 2012 by meinhare

1.0 out of 5 stars most frustrating textbook ever, March 10, 2012

The index is incomplete and what information it does provide is useless. For example, if there are questions or exercises at the end of the chapter, and you want to look up a specific term, it won't be there in the index, and if it is, it will lead you to a completely different chapter.

the multiple choice questions at the end of the chapter as LIKEWISE useless. They deal with specific questions while the chapter talks in theory and generalities. Just when you think you can apply a generality from the chapter, BAM you're wrong! The multiple choice questions are full of "gotcha!" questions that are designed to frustrate learners.

I feel bad for you if your college forces you to buy this book. Unless you have an excellent instructor (which I don't) you will learn absolutely nothing except how Rittenberg, Johnstone, and Gramling should never be allowed to publish a single book again (let alone 8 editions of crap)

If you are a college considering purchasing this book. Let me ask you a simple question: do you want your students to learn anything? If yes, DON'T BUY THIS BOOK! Do you want your students to give up in frustration and drop the class? If yes, then BUY THIS BOOK!!

The sad thing is I'm going to resell this to some poor schmuck who is forced to buy it because his or her college has instructors who think the purpose of a textbook is to put their students through some sort of torture.

1.0 out of 5 stars Textbook is horrible., June 10, 2014
This is a horrible textbook. I used it for both my auditing courses and I hated it. The thing is that my professor never assigned homework from the chapters and just told us to read. I have tried to read 16 chapters from this textbook and came out being unprepared and utterly confused.

The chapters are unnecessarily long without helpful information such as if you want to know what auditing is, you won't find the answer in the first chapter. I didn't find any answers in this textbook. I ended up buying a CPA review book for auditing and supplementing with AICPA standards because that's what you are supposed to learn and know in auditing. If you have an amazing instructor, it wouldn't matter but most students don't. Most students have to self teach and that's what I had to do. I spent half the semester trying to learn from this textbook and couldn't get it. Then I purchased a review book from Gleim and it all made sense because Gleim actually provides the information you need.

I suggest for students to go copy the questions they need for homework in their school's library then just buy CPA review books for auditing. It's cheaper and they'll be more knowledgeable in the end. This textbook is horrible. I mean, if you are taking auditing anyway, you are most likely on the CPA track and it would be more time efficient to study from a competent publication rather than waste your time with this utter garbage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, May 17, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and smooth transaction, November 22, 2013
The transaction was very smooth and fast. I ordered this book in the middle of the semester, but was able to get is on time to catch-up with my readings. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, January 18, 2012
This textbook was in really good condition. This was my first time ordering a textbook from Amazon so I was kinda nervous as to how the process worked as well as the quality of the product. The process was smooth and easy and I would purchase again cause the book was way better than normal and it actually seemed like it was brand new.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, January 20, 2013
I am using this for school and i got exactly what i needed. Thank you for this great product and great price

3.0 out of 5 stars OK book, December 21, 2012
Book have few pencil marks which I am okay with but the first few pages are missing. Good news, the book comes with a CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars text book, August 27, 2011
I asked for a used text book, and this order came in a timely manner. It was EXACTLY what i had asked for. Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Auditing: A Business Risk Approach with ACL CD Rom, February 7, 2011
Jay R. Tress "Jay T" (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Original shipment of used book did not have CD and when I called they offered to send new book with CD for same price.

Very happy with resolution.

Auditing: A Business Risk Approach (with CD-ROM)
Auditing: A Business Risk Approach (with CD-ROM) by Larry E. Rittenberg (Hardcover - May 3, 2007)
$303.95 $288.75