Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Audyssey Wireless Bluetooth Speakers
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 31, 2012
At very loud volume the Audyssey is decent at best, however at the normal listening volume it transforms to very good to excellent. It is sounds better than the Bose Soundlink Bluetooth which I was considering although admittedly that's not really a like for like comparison. I also compared against the Bose Companion 5's which at first will draw you into its very processed sound but soon enough you realise that the music isn't anyway near as real as the Audysseys although I could have easily lived with the processed sounding Bose as it wasn't annoying. Having now bought the Audyssey and using it non stop for the last 2 weeks or so, I have grown to love it even more. It has enough bass and the stereo separation is superior to single unit solutions. I use it primarily as a desktop computer/ bedroom speakers, mainly connecting via bluetooth and it works brilliantly. It is powerful enough to more than fill a medium sized room but will struggle at full volume to fill large rooms because as I mentioned before at loud volumes there is distortion and a lack of poise in the music. At roughly about 70-80% of the volume knob it is very good indeed. One more thing to note, it sounds better with more usage, so don't panic upon first using it if you are not completely blown away. It appears it needs some music to loosen the drivers. Hope this helps anyone sitting on the fence
on May 30, 2013
i got these on woot.com for $100 and man they are amazing. i listen to all types of music, and these speakers due justice for any genre. I love trap music - which contains a LOT of bass - and these speakers really bump. All my friends ask where my subwoofer is, and i am always blown away by the depth, clarity, and smooth bass these give off. id assume its largely due to the passive 4 inch radiators on the back - they are wonderful, just put your speakers near a wall and youre golden. Even solo acoustic guitar music sounds amazing. the mids and highs do there job. these speakers will satisfy any bass lover that doesnt want to take up space with a massive clunker of a subwoofer. i use the wired connection, but yes, they are also blutooth! and nice volume knob up front, the stand have rubberized feet and do not move, they look great - i think much better looking then their non bluetooth versions. everything about these speakers blow me away. compared to a jawbone big jambox.. pshh NO competition, puts the well preforming big jambox to shame, i gave it to my sister.

thank you audyssey!!!!
on July 19, 2013
These sounds pretty bass heavy, which is great considering there's no sub, but can be an issue if you want something with a flatter baseline sound. Even at the Amazon price of around 150, its a good buy, but Woot sells these for 100 often times, and thats a steal.

From what I read, it pairs up to 9 devices. I had difficulty pairing it at first with my Mac mini, and it took a few attempts with my iPad, but eventually both worked.

Since it has a wired input as well as wireless, this could easily serve as an Airplay speaker setup if I run a cable from my Airport Express to the back of the unit. But that works if you're in an Apple ecosystem. An audio cable is included in case you don't have one, about 3ft.

The units are the size of your average desktop computer speaker, but much denser. They feel very sturdy, and well built. My only concern is the lack of a grill for the rear bass radiator. It could easily puncture if you're not careful.

Watching Dark Knight Returns, the sound is solid and holds up even at the louder volumes. 300, a few music videos, and some Dexter, all held up well.

Finally, the caveats:

While its a wireless system, there is a large power brick, similar to the old laptop adapters. Good news is that its not at the plug but rather in the middle, so you won't take up more than one power port.

There's also the speaker wire to connect the L and R speakers. It's a bit short at about 5-6 feet. I guess this is fine for a desktop but in my case, where I intended it as a basic home theater, the length is lacking.

No wall mount option that I see, however the stands are nice and sturdy. A small shelf for each would do fine.

The power plug into the speaker is not right angle, and sticks out, so the speaker can't go up against a wall too much. Not a big deal but you'll find that the bass radiator likes being near a wall.

These reasons won't knock it down to three stars, but a four star rating seems appropriate.
on October 1, 2013
Let me start by saying I'm pretty picky with my audio quality, maybe not a full blown audiophile but close and these sound fantastic, an incredible amount of bass and it doesn't seem to transfer to the floor which makes them great in a NYC apt. Now that bass is also one of it's main problems, there is no bass or treble adjustment available and they are definitely bass heavy. That said, they sound incredible for wireless speakers, I'm glad I waited all these years before making the plunge because obviously someone has got it right. Another problem I have with them is they recommend you turn the volume all the way up on them and then just use your device to adjust the volume as you see fit, makes sense right, u don't want to have to walk over and turn the knob every time you want to make a little adjustment but when it's at full volume if someone touches the wire the static is LOUD as is the pairing tones so I have to question the wisdom of this but all in all these are small issues that can for the most part be overcome but they really really need a bass adjustment knob!!!!!
on April 27, 2013
Beautiful sound. Don't put them close to your tv or cable box as you may get interference. A remote control to start up from stand-by would be nice. I have them running off my tv (through a tuner), iPad and desktop computer. Fills a 20' x 20' room with big vibes.
on November 8, 2013
I've been using these for a while, holding off on a review. I wanted some speakers at work for music, and after weeks of research and reviews, I decided to buy these. So let's be clear on my usage: I got these primarily for a little background music in a small office.

I've connected my tablet (Nexus 7) to this a thousand times via the included cable, both to the headphone jack and the lineout on the official Asus dock. I'm blown away by the sound quality and clarity. At lower volumes (my normal use), the sound is clear, crisp, and clean. Even at low volumes, the bass is noticeable, but certainly not overwhelming. These speakers have a great sound, without providing too much low, mid, or high. Perfect balance.

The BT function took me a while to finally test, but I eventually figured I might as well. Holy cow. I've never heard BT speakers perform like they were wired up. The clarity is there, there isn't any dropping out, and it sounds just like you have a sound source plugged in. You really can't tell that it's a BT connection.

At a higher volume, these things really perform. Clear bass, clear mids, and nice clear highs. I've cranked them up a few times after hours and during office pot lucks and such. These things are just a great value, and Audyssey has a customer for life.
on May 26, 2013
I've never heard speakers of this size produce this kind of sound. I don't know how they do it. The passive bass radiators in the rear produce room filling bass. Treble and mids produce very lifelike sound as well. I'm currently using them with my computer, but have them wired to be removed quickly to use other places. Bluetooth sounds fantastic too. You have to hear them to believe it. I currently own 2 wireless speakers, a Monster bluetooth speaker (good for it's size and very compact) and a Soundfreaq which sounds quite good in its own right but neither even compare to these. Very impressive.
on August 17, 2013
Sound was good for a small speaker. It's best use is for small rooms or an office. It distorts if played at high levels. The power supply died after 3 weeks. I had already tossed the box. If you buy keep the box for returns !!!
on September 9, 2013
I got these for my girlfriend who loves to have music on in her room all the time. Instead of hooking up her computer to her TV and turning on her TV to the right input and playing music off her computer through her TV speakers, now we just connect her computer, her phone, or my tablet to the bluetooth speakers and off we go!

Sound quality is really excellent, with little mini-woofers in the back of each speaker creating a rich stereo sound.

The only downsides really were the cost (cheaper than most other high-end wireless speakers, but $150 is more than I'm used to spending on speakers) and that you still have to connect the two speakers via old-fashioned red-and-black wires. In fairness, that's probably the best way (wouldn't work to require two bluetooth connections, and those other power-plus-signal cords are clunky and can be hard to replace), but I didn't expect it when I purchased, so it was a bit of a let-down on setup. One more: every time you pair a different device, you have to touch the button on the speakers... this means they're wireless, but not fully remote. So, 4 stars.

All in all, these speakers are performing really well, the sound is excellent, and being able to play and control music from our phones to these high-quality speakers feels luxurious and futuristic. Would definitely recommend!
on August 15, 2013
Using the analog input, these speakers are really amazing. Excellent bass response, and bright highs.

Remember, when using bluetooth devices, only one can be paired with a source at a time.