Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:38 Mins
The August EP650 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphones is the best quality Bluetooth headphones I have plus some extra gestures.

Box contents:
-August EP650 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Stereo Headphones
-Micro USB cable
-Aux cable
-User manual

The comfort of the headphones is amazing. The pads are super soft...
Published 8 months ago by Zachary S. *Tech Reviewer*

The sound, comfort, and quality are all exceptional and I love this headset. I bought it to use for my computer thinking I would be able to use the mic to talk and play games and such. The issue is that when you try to use the mic, the incoming sound quality is poor at best. I ended up buying a separate microphone so that I don't have that issue.
Published 4 months ago by Happy Camper

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Bluetooth headphone with excellent sound and comfort, October 29, 2013
This review is from: August EP650 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphones - Comfortable Leather Cushioned Headset with built-in Microphone, 3.5mm Audio In Socket and Rechargeable Battery - Compatible with Mobile Phones, iPhone, iPad, Laptops, Tablets, Smartphones etc. (Electronics)
Length:: 4:38 Mins

Box contents:
-August EP650 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Stereo Headphones
-Micro USB cable
-Aux cable
-User manual

The comfort of the headphones is amazing. The pads are super soft and rest very comfortably on my head. The pads go on your ear not over your ears or around. The headphones have some noise cancelation but are not made for it. The headphones also have a thick cushion above your head. The sound quality is outstanding. I have beats solo HD's and they are close in sound quality and comfort as these but are 30% of the cost. The headphones have great bass, highs, lows, and go pretty loud too without distorting sound. I hear sounds in the song that I do not hear using Apples Earpods. That's amazing! The headphones also have the option to use an aux cable to play music to the headphones if your device does not have Bluetooth or you want to save battery. The headphones charge by micro USB. The control panel in on the right earphone which are labeled with an L and an R. You can play, pause, skip forward or back, change songs and answer/hang up on phone calls. It also has a built in microphone so your phone can be in your pocket when in a call. To top all that it has a working time of 10 hours! These are now my favorite headphones coming from beat solo HD.
These headphones are a great price, have outstanding performance in terms of sound and comfort and Bluetooth 4.0. These headphones are practically a steal.

Watch my video review.
I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Sound and Quality, December 9, 2013
Just a great pair of headphones! Very comfortable, completely covers the ears and very soft. Feels expensive but it's not, great materials (soft matte black plastic with aluminum elements), controls are very simple and BlueTooth connects to the mobile device with no issues. Sound quality is superb! It's very hard to believe but it just sounds great and puts some wired headphones to shame (it comes with a cable incase you want to go wired). Even the wire and the charging USB feel like an expensive material. I've been looking for BlueTooth headphones for a while but most reviews aren't great and I wasn't planing on spending $300 on it. I did not however expect to get this great quality for this price (about $60). Highly recommend!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality but can't use it for a headset that well., February 26, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Before You Consider Buying "Beats Audio"... August Wireless Audio, [#EP650B]--A Critical Revie, June 9, 2014
Length:: 3:24 Mins

I've been saying for the past couple of years, small, private companies are making great audio products that's on par with some of the biggest names in audio equipment and even better than the fashion/fad/fake audio companies.

***

The biggest problem with "Bass [Heavy] headphones" is that midrange and higher audio levels are sacrificed for filters that emphasize/ distort a song along the bassline.

Another fact is that bass headphones typically muddy instruments like drums so you essentially hear it at a certain level before it drops back off into distortion. With headphones like Beats Audio, the main audience is into Club, Alternative, Rap and Reggae.

This is why this--August headset--is phenomenal. Listing to random cuts like Ice Cube's "No Vaseline" or LL's "Mama Said Knock You Out." Or even, Diana Ross' classic ballad-dance cut, "Love Hangover" sounds incredible. Love Hangover, in particular, shows how the headphone replicate a slow tempo with vocals and then jumps to a mid-tempo.

The audio reproduction is excellent.

*** Phone ***

The set also has a wireless speaker for phone calls. The phone reception is also stellar. People on the other end didn't know I was not speaking into my cellphone.

*** Audio-In Jack ***

I plugged the headphones into my cd/ cassette deck and played a few tracks from The Choir of Vienna Hofburgkapelle. The range reproduced was pristine.

This is one of the nicest, multi-purpose headphones I've seen in a long, long time.

*** Pro's and Con's ***

Pro's

+ Handsome, leather headphone
+ Audio quality is great for a consumer-grade headset
+ Frequency response range: 60 Hz to 20 KHz
+ Built in internal battery
+ Battery time 8.5 hours before recharging
+ Bluetooth 4.0
+ Micro usb charge cord
+ 3.5mm adapter

- None. There's no unrealistic expectation for a headphone that's under $40.

This headphone reproduces bass-heavy music without losing the umph and very little distortion. If you like Beats Audio or are considering purchasing Beat, give these a run before your drop your credit card on the counter.

5 runaway stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never touch any of my other headphones.....ever., April 30, 2014
I did a lot of research before purchasing these as I am super picky with the comfort levels of headphones.
I have several pairs of skull candy collectible DJ headphones and a Bose set but I needed some bluetooth capabilities and these looked like they fit the bill nicely.
Received them and I am BLOWN away with the sound quality. If you have them and don't agree you might want to play with your equalizers a little bit because these pups are crystal clear with plenty of bass power.
The bluetooth connects quickly, I use them with my phone, Ipod, PC, PS3 & PS4, laptop and even my Roku remote to watch TV because they even have a had dandy audio jack to plug in. (Audio jack is included)
The battery life is incredible, I've been rocking it with daily use for two months, at least two hours a day and I've charged them only TWICE. I know it's hard to believe, trust me it befuddles me too. Charges with my Galaxy 4 usb. Love that I didn't need to add another little plug. They fold up nicely, but I use them too much to fold them often.
I cannot wear ear plugs because no matter what brand they pop out of ears. So I started wearing these on my treadmills runs too. At first I was worried they would be too hot, too uncomfortable, etc. They don't budge on a full out run and they are padded really nice. The inside band and the ear part are super soft and I never have to adjust them even after having them on for hours. No sore ears. Super plus.
They are so flipping loud which is an absolute joy for me. So many crap headphones lose the audio quality when you turn it up. Not these. If you're upgrading from a pair of crappy ones prepare to be mind-blown.
I got the red because I thought it was snazzy. I dig them so much that if they crapped out I would definitely pick up another pair immediately.
I realize I sound like I own stock in the company but I don't. I just can't recommend them enough. I love, love my music and these are an amazing pair of headphones ESPECIALLY at this price point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound and very comfortable, December 5, 2013
The manufacturers sent me these headphones for review and I am extremely impressed. The sound quality is remarkably good and they are extremely comfortable – the two essential qualities for good headphones.

The headphones can be connected to an audio source via Bluetooth, USB or 3.5mm jack. USB and jack-to-jack leads are included in the box so you can connect them to almost anything. In Bluetooth mode you can also pause the music and accept an incoming call by pressing a button on the phones, and speak via the built-in microphone. They also have volume and skip-forward and skip-back buttons. (These work in Bluetooth mode only, by the way. This makes sense because if you're wired to your device then you can obviously control things from the device itself, but I thought I'd mention it.) The internal battery has a good long life – at least 8 hours use on mine, which is enough for most purposes between recharges. Recharging is via the USB cable.

The headphones are extremely comfortable. They are lightweight and very well cushioned, and I've worn them for at least a couple of hours at a stretch without really being aware of them. Where they really stand out for me, though, is in sound quality. I tried them first with a Joan Armatrading album with pretty rich production (it was What's Inside, since you ask), and it sounded just fantastic. Sharp and distinct with good treble, a really full, rich middle and the best bass response I think I've ever heard from headphones. They're just as good with almost everything else I tried, too from 16th Century choral music to Led Zeppelin. Some people may perhaps find them a little bass heavy in classical music, but it's a matter of taste – and anything rocky sounds really great.

I'm sorry to gush, but I listen to a lot of music on headphones and I genuinely think these are excellent. They knock spots off my Sennheiser HD448s and come close to my beloved Bose QC2s. I may even prefer them to the QC2s for rock, blues and the like, which is really saying something. They are very good value for headphones of this quality and I can recommend them very warmly indeed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent headphones for price, February 17, 2014
These are the first pair of Bluetooth headphones I have owned so I wasn't sure what to expect, but they had decent sound quality and were quite comfortable, and they synced with every device I tried them with. I was able to wear them for several hours at a time without really noticing them. I really did love these headphones! They cancelled out most noise and there was little no sound bleed even at higher volumes. I really thought these were the perfect headphones!

I would leave a higher rating but today the headphones broke! As far as I can tell the little charger port came loose and fell into the headphones, so though the headphones still work they have become little more than a paper weight since I can no longer charge them. I've only owned these headphones for going on three months and have been very careful while using them so I'm not certain how they broke but fair warning to those who plan on buying these.

Also, the cords that come with the headphones are AWFUL! Within a month the charger cord broke and would no longer charge and the following week the audio cord used for wired connection just stopped putting out any sound. So I hope you have an additional charger cord lying around (it uses the same cord as current android phones).

Pros:
Good sound quality
comfortable fit
easy to set up and sync
little to no noise bleed
decent range (but not the best)

Cons:
charger cord and audio cord broke quite easily
charger port was not very durable (at ALL)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great So Far, February 4, 2014
I got these headphones a few days ago and so far they are great. Here are my pros and cons so far.
Pros-
Sound-Comparable to Bose
Comfy- Around the ear
Foldable- Nice touch
Controls- Easy to use side buttons
Price- Well worth it

Cons-
Structure-Does not seem so well made
Connection- Sometimes only connected from 5 ft away or less

All in all these are an amazing pair of headphones well worth the price and have great sound quality. Way way way better than my old Sony ZX Series. If you didn't read the brand name you probably would have thought these were Bose or Beats. For $70, great buy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - terrible mid-high range - awful mic, March 26, 2014
Roka2 "mmx" (Portland, OR, USA) - See all my reviews
Very disappointed!

I relied to heavily on the review rating and I am very disappointed.

Yes - it is very comfortable! (Which makes it more disappointing)
Yes - Bass is nice and smooth.
Yes - has optional mini plug connection if the battery runs down.

But there is a lot more to music than bass. The company clearly wanted to cater to the kids who love bass for the midrange is muddled and the high very poor. There is no clarity and definition in music. I have Motorola S305 for the gym (also Bluetooth) because they are light weight and behind the head. They are a bit weak in the bass, but have really fine clarity for inexpensive headphones.

The final killer was when I tried it with Skype. Immediately my friend commented on how bad my voice was (no - I was NOT singing). I switched to my broken Logitech and he said much better.

I would like to give it just a 1-star. But the it IS really comfortable, and some will not mind the low sound quality. I will miss the comfort.

Bottom line:
If you want to hear your music - get something better.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK for normal chatting, mediocre for music/movies/etc. Would not recommend., January 7, 2014
What I bought these for: Being able to wirelessly listen to music from my phone and laptop, but also have the ability to enter voice chat while gaming online. Connectivity was a necessity for me, as I wanted to be able to use these with my laptop, phone, PS3 and future PS4. Wireless connectivity was important to have on my laptop and gaming consoles, but less important to have on my phone.

Sound Quality: Poor - I tested the sound quality of this headset both wired and through a Bluetooth connection with my Galaxy S4. The good news is that whether wired or wireless, the sound quality is about the same. I experienced no interference "buzzing" while connected through Bluetooth. The bad news is that while I experienced decent bass response and mids were present, treble was almost non-existent. This is especially apparent and troubling while listening to music or watching videos. The sound quality of voices and deeper bass was okay, but due to the lack of treble, most sounds seemed distorted and unnatural, and music listening was horrible.

Microphone Quality: Average - In my experience, the microphone was not sensitive enough to clearly pick up my voice unless I spoke a bit louder than normal - not yell, but just speak louder. This would be acceptable in a normal setting, but don't expect to be able to whisper or even speak softly into the mic.

Comfort: Great - The headset is very comfortable and light on your head, thanks to the generous padding and the adjustable headband.

Connectivity: Average - This is a Bluetooth headset with optional 3.5mm or USB connectivity. All of these different ways of connecting should make this headset compatible with almost any device. In theory, this is great - in practice, while I had no problem connecting the headset to my phone through either wired or Bluetooth connection, I had trouble connecting through Bluetooth with my Windows 7 laptop. I consider myself a tech-savvy guy - yes, I had Bluetooth enabled on my laptop (I use a Bluetooth keyboard all the time); yes, I made sure that all applicable Bluetooth audio settings were active and that the headset was set as my "default device" for audio; yes, I checked that all the drivers were installed and up to date; yes, I tried using generic Microsoft Bluetooth drivers as well as the regular Foxconn drivers that were pre-installed on my laptop; no, there were no dedicated drivers present on August's website ([...] no, there were no help topics available online that helped to resolve the issue. I may have just had a faulty device or pure bad luck, but I tried everything to get this headset to connect through Bluetooth with my laptop to no avail. This is the first Bluetooth device that I've had trouble with connecting to my laptop. I did not have another Bluetooth-enabled computer available to test these on.

Other things: Battery life is great at 10 hours, and the built-in music track controls are convenient. Collapsible ear cups are a nice feature.

Conclusion and closing remarks:
I thought that based on the product description and other's reviews on their "excellent sound quality", this headset would be perfect for me, but the headset that I received was not adequate for my purposes. One might have better luck than me when trying to connect wirelessly to a PC, but do not buy this headset if you need it primarily for Bluetooth connection with your PC - in my experience, it's not worth the risk of not working. However, even disregarding connectivity problems, the sound quality was below average for music listening. Any cheap set of earbuds can produce better-sounding mid and treble than what I experienced with this headset. That said, voice quality was OK and these headsets could still be used as a voice-chatting device with a high price tag - NOT a music-listening device with a low price tag. Based on my experience, I can not recommend this headset to anyone. There are cheaper wireless chatting headsets available and this headset was not worth the money for the sound quality.

I returned these and (after much research) bought a PDP Prismatic Wireless Headset - so far they have been more than adequate for my needs.

Note: I am aware that this review of the headset's sound quality is directly in opposition to most other's reviews. Either I unluckily got a bad device, or others are overstating the sound quality of the headset - either way I would not risk the money on this device. I do not consider myself an "audiophile", but even given my limited experience with headphones, this headset had noticeably poor sound quality for me.

Rate and Discover Movies