5.0 out of 5 stars Great for portable televisions
Published on June 8, 2012 by Bobbie Kirby

3.0 out of 5 stars basic antenna
Nothing to brag about but it does work better than the one supplied with the set. Probably cause it taller when extended. Nothng to brag about but does the job in an emeergency for air channels. I was able to receive 20 stations.
Published on November 13, 2012 by Stillwaters

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for portable televisions, June 8, 2012
This review is from: August DTA206 Digital TV Extendable Antenna - Portable Indoor/Outdoor Aerial for USB TV Tuner / Digital Television / DAB Radio - With Magnetic Base and Extendable Rod (Accessory)
I bought this antenna for the prism portable television. We have the prism portable television and this antenna on in our storm shelter. These 2 items gives us great reception where as we couldn't get much reception before. I wanted another antenna like this one because I also have another prism portable television and this allows us to take anywhere and leave the other one in storm shelter. I live in tornado alley so this is important. Super antenna!!!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value and it works, November 8, 2012
I recently bought a couple of HD antennas after cutting cable. I bought a more expensive one for my living room, and figured I'd try a "cheap" one for my office. I tried them both out and both performed about the same. I honestly didn't pay much attention to the product description other than it was a cheap antenna that I wouldn't be out too much money if it didn't work (I didn't know if either would work, or if I'd need an outdoor antenna). I was pleasantly surprised that it worked so well. I will likely get another one for my guest bedroom next time I place an order. I don't watch a lot of TV, but the picture brought in by this little antenna is certainly better than what I got with standard cable. Should have cut the cable much sooner!

4.0 out of 5 stars august DTA206 antenna worked pretty good, July 30, 2012
bought for digital prism 7inch tv. It does connect with no problem. standard cable connection.
improves reception and you can move your tv around a bit with no problem. you will need this
if you purchase the digital prism tv. antenna provided with tv is worthless. 4 star purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Great construction., October 29, 2012
Harrkev "harrkev" (Colorado Springs, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This is a perfect little antenna to throw in a laptop bag along with a USB TV tuner. The quality and construction are quite fine and, when collapsed, takes up very little space in my laptop backpack.

About the reception: this works exactly like a whip antenna this size SHOULD work. The laws of physics are quite clear on this point .. all whip antennas the same size should work the same. As a general rule, bigger antennas = better reception. Bottom line: if a small whip antenna will work where you plan to use it, you WILL be happy with the construction of this one. If you live in a weak-signal area, the odds are that you will not be happy with this.

TECHNICAL NOTE: What I said above is not quite true. There are certain tricks to improve small antennas -- such as making sure that you match the impedance properly, and to add an amplifier. For small antennas like this, the impedance matching can be improved my extending or shortening the antenna -- you simply will not get variable impedance matching at this size and/or price. Amplifiers also tend to amplify the noise, so they are not a cure-all. You can also improve reception by getting a directional antenna, but I specifically wanted a whip that I did not have to worry about aiming, so I got this one.

Note that this antenna DOES have a standard male "F connector" for connection to USA televisions -- I contacted the manufacturer (August) to ask about the connectors, and it appears that if you are ordering from the Amazon.com, you will get the USA version.

To summarize, this product is well-constructed, and works exactly like I expected it to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Like a $70 Antenna. Great Value, October 21, 2013
This antenna is really small and very affordable, though just as useful as the more expensive ones that can be found around the net. I first researched which stations I would be able to receive, then I researched how powerful the various antennas were. It turns out that there are the same few channels I can get using an indoor antenna. No matter how expensive the antenna was, I'd still get the same channels. At VHF 174-230MHz and UHF 470-862MHz, this antenna gets the job done and cost little to nothing. It's a great value. I hooked it up to a slightly older model Panasonic TV in the HDTV antenna/cable input and got HDTV programming after a few minutes of channel scans. I'm very happy with this purchase so far.
I started looking into getting an antenna just to watch the local news and some PBS programming when we needed a break from all the streaming (Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, etc). It's been great for me to stay informed of current events when I don't feel like watching The Daily Show or Colbert Report. I think it's a great addition to households looking to save on the monthly cable bill and add to their repertoire of available entertainment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital TV Extendable Antenna, January 19, 2013
This product is great. Works as advertised, love it!
I ordered it to go along with my digital TV to watch on my computer and I get wonderful reception

3.0 out of 5 stars basic antenna, November 13, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars No Way? Way!!, August 23, 2013
8-23-13 -- This tiny antenna is a giant in disguise and works like a champ for me. I had been wresting with various indoor antennas to get a better signal with my Accurian 7-inch portable from Radio Shack which is excellent when you can get a picture. I took a chance on the August DTA206 based on Amazon reviews, but when I saw it I thought, "No way." It started off on the right foot by having the right standard connection that went on easily for a change. I tested it next to the much larger GE 24700 which has rabbit ears as well as a wall plug. The August DTA206 won hands down (even without the wand extended!), bringing in channels I hadn't been able to get for months. I didn't even have to make a trip to the roof to re-scan the channels. Instead of having to wave it around every which way like my bulky, awkward ones, all I had to do was move it around a bit on the night stand, upright, where it takes up less space than a cup. I don't know how it manages to be so cool, but it is, so I want to pass on the good news and hope it works as well for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars FREE HD TV WITH THIS, June 24, 2013
I have a Samsung TV that offers the options of cable, or over the air reception. Guess what? I never tried the "over the air" option until I was recently reminded that I had it. I bought this antenna and now I have all the network HD channels for FREE with near-perfect reception. Only occasionally, when there is a big storm, is there any interference, and then all I have to do is move the antennae about a foot and a half. I cancelled my cable company service . . . and now pay nothing to watch HD television. It doesn't work in all areas and you have to have the type of TV I have, but check it out. Anything we can do to outwit the greedy robber barons and save some money is a good thing! I wish I had thought of it five years ago.

MOD

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly great reception, December 10, 2013
I'm sick of paying for cable and satellite. So want to find an antenna for my HDTV. My plan is to buy the cheapest antenna, then gradually move up to higher priced antenna until I get good reception.

So I got this tiny old school antenna first. I get surprisingly great reception. I'm 13 miles from the broadcast tower. This antenna has picked up all 40 channels with crystal clear reception - actually better than Comcast's and DirecTV's because there is no or little compression.

The downside is that the reception becomes scrambled when I stand in front of the TV and the antenna, essentially block the broadcast tower 13 miles away. Can't blame the antenna for this, though.