Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 8, 2012
I bought this antenna for the prism portable television. We have the prism portable television and this antenna on in our storm shelter. These 2 items gives us great reception where as we couldn't get much reception before. I wanted another antenna like this one because I also have another prism portable television and this allows us to take anywhere and leave the other one in storm shelter. I live in tornado alley so this is important. Super antenna!!!!!!!!!!!
on November 8, 2012
I recently bought a couple of HD antennas after cutting cable. I bought a more expensive one for my living room, and figured I'd try a "cheap" one for my office. I tried them both out and both performed about the same. I honestly didn't pay much attention to the product description other than it was a cheap antenna that I wouldn't be out too much money if it didn't work (I didn't know if either would work, or if I'd need an outdoor antenna). I was pleasantly surprised that it worked so well. I will likely get another one for my guest bedroom next time I place an order. I don't watch a lot of TV, but the picture brought in by this little antenna is certainly better than what I got with standard cable. Should have cut the cable much sooner!
on October 21, 2013
This antenna is really small and very affordable, though just as useful as the more expensive ones that can be found around the net. I first researched which stations I would be able to receive, then I researched how powerful the various antennas were. It turns out that there are the same few channels I can get using an indoor antenna. No matter how expensive the antenna was, I'd still get the same channels. At VHF 174-230MHz and UHF 470-862MHz, this antenna gets the job done and cost little to nothing. It's a great value. I hooked it up to a slightly older model Panasonic TV in the HDTV antenna/cable input and got HDTV programming after a few minutes of channel scans. I'm very happy with this purchase so far.
I started looking into getting an antenna just to watch the local news and some PBS programming when we needed a break from all the streaming (Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, etc). It's been great for me to stay informed of current events when I don't feel like watching The Daily Show or Colbert Report. I think it's a great addition to households looking to save on the monthly cable bill and add to their repertoire of available entertainment.
on August 23, 2013
8-23-13 -- This tiny antenna is a giant in disguise and works like a champ for me. I had been wresting with various indoor antennas to get a better signal with my Accurian 7-inch portable from Radio Shack which is excellent when you can get a picture. I took a chance on the August DTA206 based on Amazon reviews, but when I saw it I thought, "No way." It started off on the right foot by having the right standard connection that went on easily for a change. I tested it next to the much larger GE 24700 which has rabbit ears as well as a wall plug. The August DTA206 won hands down (even without the wand extended!), bringing in channels I hadn't been able to get for months. I didn't even have to make a trip to the roof to re-scan the channels. Instead of having to wave it around every which way like my bulky, awkward ones, all I had to do was move it around a bit on the night stand, upright, where it takes up less space than a cup. I don't know how it manages to be so cool, but it is, so I want to pass on the good news and hope it works as well for everyone.
on October 29, 2012
This is a perfect little antenna to throw in a laptop bag along with a USB TV tuner. The quality and construction are quite fine and, when collapsed, takes up very little space in my laptop backpack.

About the reception: this works exactly like a whip antenna this size SHOULD work. The laws of physics are quite clear on this point .. all whip antennas the same size should work the same. As a general rule, bigger antennas = better reception. Bottom line: if a small whip antenna will work where you plan to use it, you WILL be happy with the construction of this one. If you live in a weak-signal area, the odds are that you will not be happy with this.

TECHNICAL NOTE: What I said above is not quite true. There are certain tricks to improve small antennas -- such as making sure that you match the impedance properly, and to add an amplifier. For small antennas like this, the impedance matching can be improved my extending or shortening the antenna -- you simply will not get variable impedance matching at this size and/or price. Amplifiers also tend to amplify the noise, so they are not a cure-all. You can also improve reception by getting a directional antenna, but I specifically wanted a whip that I did not have to worry about aiming, so I got this one.

Note that this antenna DOES have a standard male "F connector" for connection to USA televisions -- I contacted the manufacturer (August) to ask about the connectors, and it appears that if you are ordering from the Amazon.com, you will get the USA version.

To summarize, this product is well-constructed, and works exactly like I expected it to.
on July 30, 2012
bought for digital prism 7inch tv. It does connect with no problem. standard cable connection.
improves reception and you can move your tv around a bit with no problem. you will need this
if you purchase the digital prism tv. antenna provided with tv is worthless. 4 star purchase
on April 4, 2015
I live within 25-30 miles from all the broadcast towers in a single story house inthe DFW area. I don't have cable and I needed a better antenna for my old analog kitchen TV, as I not only was really tired of moving rabbit ears to catch different channels, but had also accidentally bent one in such a way that in now threatened to poke me in the eye as I moved about the room. This one was small enough to fit on my narrow kitchen window ledge and was also very cheap.

It works great! I didn't even have to extend the antenna to pick up all the broadcast channels. I hooked up to my digital converter box and it worked without a hitch. All the stations now have better than average signal strength and I no longer have to tweak the position for different channels.

UPDATE: Well, it appears that signal strength varies considerably in the DFW area depending on the time of day! Late at night - it works great! Middle of the afternoon -not so much. I downgraded my original review from five stars to three. Hope I didn't lead anyone astray.
on April 9, 2014
I purchased this antenna for use with a DIAMOND tvw750usb TV TUNER. The antenna that is included with the tuner is small and of limited use for my purposes. This antenna arrived on time and properly packaged. I installed this antenna and found it to be of better quality than the antenna that came with the tv tuner. The antenna is a single rod type that extends to 13" which allows for better reception, although it is not as powerful and its reception is naturally limited due to the size and configuration of the antenna. I was however able to locate and receive almost twice as many channels as I could with the smaller antenna that came with the tuner. I would recommend this antenna with reservations. The price is reasonable and the antenna fits in my lap top case quite easily.
on October 3, 2012
When I bought the RCA 7" Portable Digital TV, Amazon suggested others also bought this antenna. It never hurts to have a backup so I got the DTA206. The box says it is for 'Freeview TV' and 'DAB radio'. August is a UK company, but the product is made in China. It is a tad sturdier and heavier than the RCA antenna, and extends a bit longer. The RCA pushes onto the cable input, while this antenna screws on. I was surprised both picked up most of the local broadcast channels and a few extra. The picture was surprisingly good on both. Seems digital broadcast is easier to pick up. I used it in my car while waiting in the parking lot, and the picture was OK. Of course, not good in a moving car. The RCA is easier to stuff into a pocket. I used the August to watch tv at my new home until cable was installed. A useful item to have around the house if the cable goes out. What good a powered antenna if the power goes down?
Update 03-02-16 Since my first review I had a change of address and no cable access, so i hooked up this little antenna to my big tv, stuck it in a window. It pulled up most of the main broadcast channels, and most were good to excellent reception, a few were pixeled. My reaction: this aint right. This little guy is useful for emergencies. Worth a couple bucks to have one in the closet. My big antenna picked up more, but local broadcast channel 4 (1080i) and channel 7 (720p) looked just as good with the little antenna.
on November 21, 2014
If you want to cut the cord and own digital TVs, these antennas are perfect. I currently have four TVs using these antennas and get great reception for all broadcast channels and extras like PTV and a few others. My main TV is 47 inch smart TV, uses this antenna, beautiful reception and coupled with Netflix and Amazon access - who needs cable - seriously!!! With this option it blows my mind why people pay $100+ every month.

Jan 16th, 2016: I decided to follow up 6 months later to restate my perception of this product. It is awesome. I now have two smarts TV's and cannot say enough about this fantastic little antenna. Another thing to note, many people, including myself, belived that the more money you spend the better reception will be achieved. Don't do it - I tried many including electricity operated units and those fancy ones you stick the square panel on the window. Tried them ALL. This is the product for you. As more people have cut the cord, I have recommended these little antennas and more and more people are happy with the reception.