Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 3, 2012
This antenna is small but mighty. It has much better reception if you stick it on something metal as the magnetic bottom helps. I had it on the stand beside the tv, not so great reception, then I stuck it to the magnetic lamp base and it was awesome.
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2013
We have small TV in our bedroom that isn't connected to the satellite and couldn't receive the local channels (about 40 miles away). I hooked this device into the TV incoming signal connection and all the channels come in !
on April 17, 2013
Nothing bad to say about it. Worked at least as well as the previous one (which was an un-powered telescoping 3' one on a portable TV on my boat).

Have to say I was hoping to see a noticable improvement, given this one was powered and my previous one was not. Hard to compare them as my previous one is broken and I cant put them side to side. Im pretty comfortable this one was equal or better in my opinion.

Bottom line I was able to move it around to find a position where the picture was clear - which is at the end of the day, what you want. I did need to move it a little for different channels - just like I would with the old one.

For the price - it is not a bad choice, and to be honest, I have tried various TV ariels in the past and none have been super great, so this may be as good as you are going to get.
on August 30, 2013
This antenna is pretty small and *not* amplified, but I really needed something that would be provide decent reception with a small portable TV, without needing to hold the portable at "just the right spot in front of the window". This "fat monopole" works well enough in my suburban area, usually providing reception of the major channels. Signal strength is improved if the magnetic base is stuck to a large metallic object, such as a refrigerator, to provide a "ground plane". I am pleased with the performance of this antenna.
on November 19, 2012
I bought this to use with a PC USB TV tuner card as the included OEM antenna hardly pulled in any channels. This antenna brings in all the Over-The-Air channels from Sacramento, about 30 miles from me, every bit as well as a powered RCA antenna I have on another TV. It has a pretty strong magnetic base for sticking it to window frames, etc, so watch out for any data disks or hard drives around this antenna. When my satellite TV went out, I hooked it into the coax cable, stuck it to the dish and watched OTA channels in HD throughout the house until my replacement box came. It also has the advantage of being small enough to fit easily in my laptop bag. All in all, a great little antenna.
on November 14, 2012
Purchased antenna for an apartment in NYC area, wanted to set up a small Digital TV in the kitchen. Antenna has a low profile (small size) but gives good reception. I did not sue magentic base, but I did purchase this item also based on the flexibility should I need it. I did not regret this buy.
on October 22, 2012
HI. I bought a portable TV to take outside. It came with an antenna but I didn't get many stations with the original antenna. Bought this antenna and it works much better.
on July 29, 2013
second time writing this review. first one apparently didnt take. for the price you cannot go wrong. i purchased way more expensive antennas and this little guy beats them all. I live way out in a rural area maybe 35 miles from the center of the city and i get around 10 channels with this where i got 0 with any of the other antennas i have tried.
on July 25, 2013
the antenna's you get with the portable tv's are not quality antennas and get poor reception. This greatly improved my reception and held all my local stations and I am 30-50 miles from the stations. Shipping was quick.
on March 15, 2016
This is a review of the "August DTA240 High Gain Digital TV Aerial - Portable Indoor/Outdoor Digital Antenna for USB TV Tuner / ATSC Television / DAB Radio - With Magnetic Base" from August.

I was a cord cutter long before most others and have not had cable since around 2006. As such, I forgot that broadcast TV existed. Recently I was interviewed by the local news, and I realized I had no way to see myself. So I got this, not really expecting much, however this is a great antennae. Without it my TV picked up 3 channels, with it it picked up 30+. I was quickly amazed with the amount of channels since digital tv took over.

Great signal, magnetic base made it easy to attach to the wall mounting plate for the tv to keep it hidden in the back. There is just enough cord to reach anywhere I might need it. What is of note to me is that this is much smaller than I assumed, very nice design.

Received this product in exchange for an honest review.