5.0 out of 5 stars Saw the movie and immediately bought the soundtrack
In a CD collection that's spanned more than 40 years of music and I've lost count of how many genres, movie soundtracks number less than 20. I generally don't care that much for enough of the movie to purchase the whole soundtrack. This is one case where I stepped out of the theatre in Acquisition Mode. I was going to actually pay more for the soundtrack at a local...
Published on November 25, 2007 by R. Kyle

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Really A One-Star Review
I give this music five stars, actually, but put one star on it to help people find what's missing.

The incidental music, theme songs, and other compositions for the movie by Mancina are not on this album, and cannot be found by searching "August Rush (Orchestral Soundtrack)." Even searching "August Rush (OST)" just takes you to an MP3 album, not the CD. To...
Published on July 18, 2009 by Lisa Small

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 425 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST SEE AND EXPERIENCE!!!, November 27, 2007
When I first saw the previews for this movie, I knew I couldn't miss it! I was not disappointed! It is a heartwarming story about the strong bond of a family's love for one another through music. I loved it and will see it again and again! When it is released on DVD, I will buy it for myself and give it as gifts! I can't wait to buy the soundtrack and if ever there was a movie not to be missed...it's this one! Take your family and friends and experience this emotionally drawn movie that has you clapping at the ending! When was the last time you experienced that kind of entertainment!?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful mixture of sounds and music., March 13, 2008
For the first time I purchased a soundtrack before seeing the movie and couldn't be happier. Myself and kids (4,6,8) enjoy listening to the entire soundtrack, which makes for pleasant drives. I could not wait for the release of the movie and the kids are begging to see it as well. Track 10 (August's Raphsody) is powerful and moving everytime. Rhys Meyers vocals and songs are very soulful. The guitar and cello solos are beautiful. Highly recommend this CD. I think this may be the first time I have given anything 5 solid stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not enough classical, December 22, 2008
I RUSHED (ha ha!)to order the sound track of AUGUST RUSH the day after I saw the film, which I hit on accidentally while idly zapping through the TV programmes. The film is stupendous, it made me cry!
But I'm a little disappointed with the CD - the compilers have been a little stingy with the gorgeous classical music, especially that fantastic Elgar. There's not enough of it!
It grows on you, however. Just perfect for listening to in the car.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just like the movie..., June 11, 2008
Unlike your typical soundtrack filled with songs you can't remember hearing while watching the movie, this soundtrack is the exact replica of the movie! That is one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much. However, because most of the music in the movie was not lyrical, the soundtrack in turn has very few lyrical tracks. I personally love singing to the music; that's what makes an album great for me. So in that sense, I gave it a four star.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing movie, amazing soundtrack!!, December 23, 2007
I just saw the movie a few days ago, and I was so blown away by the power of the music and the movie itself that I just haven't been able to get it out of my mind. It was simply amazing. I NEVER buy soundtracks but after seeing this movie, I just had to have this soundtrack. So, of course, I immediately bought the soundtrack and I have found it every bit as fantastic as the movie itself!

this soundtrack is a MUST-HAVE! Get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars RUSH to the movie and buy the soundtrack!, December 8, 2007
I really didnt know of the movie, but went with a friend. I didnt want to leave when it was over. If I could have seen it again I would have. I am at this moment trying to decide if I want to wait for the CD or if I will download the soundtrack so I dont have to wait. Words can not describe the joy of the movie and music. The blend of rock and classical is pure MAGIC and the voice of Meyers give goosebumps.
ENJOY!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Autumn Rush Review, April 13, 2008
This review is from: August Rush (Soundtrack) (MP3 Music)
I am a movie and music lover and this was a special treat to me. I always appreciate how music enhances a movie but in this case it was such a part of the movie we had to get the sound tract and the movie. I loved the whole idea of the movie, and didn't care if it was predictable. I think it was well done, had a great cast and was a breath of fresh air in a world were nothing is left to the imagination anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars August Rush, November 29, 2007
A heartwarming, beautiful story of how love overcomes life's obstacles. The music was so beautiful that at times I was moved to tears. The storyline was brilliantly woven together with the music that I am left amazed at its artistry. I can't wait to get the soundtrack and will definitely buy the DVD when it's available. This is a movie I won't tire of watching repeatedly!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best music I have heard in a long time, December 27, 2007
I am a huge fan of a large base of music including hip hop, pop, r&b, country and so on, but when I heard this sound track it was like a breath of fresh air. The songs are so powerful and full of meaning and I could listen to the cd from start to finish without having to skip songs, they are all my favorite! I can't wait to get this cd as a gift for everyone close to me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical music, December 1, 2007
That previous review must be my friend...I just got back from seeing the movie tonight and I'm already checking out the website, too. I highly recommend it. The story is beautiful, the music transcendental. You hope you know how it's going to end, and it's not rocket science, but then it is...I'm taking my musician husband and kids to see it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 425 | Next ›

August Rush (Soundtrack)
August Rush (Soundtrack) by August Rush (Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Buy MP3 Album$11.99