Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on November 29, 2007
Like the other reviewers, I came out of the sneak preview wanting to own the CD immediately. It's great, and has all the music I wanted from the film (even Jonathan Rhys Meyers's "Moondance"). My only quibble is that the two rock songs that were so beautifully overlaid with the classical music in the film are presented here with only brief introductions from the symphony; from then on, we just get the rock songs alone. It's great to hear them in their entirety, though, and "August's Rhapsody" is even more delightful without interruptions.
on March 5, 2013
August Rush is a very undervalued movie with fantastic musical scores. It is kind of a musical in that there are loads of music but like all the best musicals ever made, the music integrates with the movie fantasticly. And this Soundtrack is just as Awsome and worth inclusion in the home library -- Since there are limitations placed on MP3s I prefer the Music CDs so that is why I got the CD. Great Product for sure
on August 23, 2012
This is an excellent soundtrack from an excellent movie. Jonathan Rhys Meyers shows he has singing chops as well as acting skills. His renditions of "This Time" and "Something Inside", as well as John Ondrasik's "King Of The Earth" should have been chart-toppers. John Legend's "Someday" is one of his best songs, and I've only been able to find it on this soundtrack. Most of the rest of the music ranges from tolerable to pretty darn good, including a guitar duet by Heitor Pereira and Doug Smith. This one is a keeper!
on November 27, 2007
The greatest collection of music I've ever heard in one movie. This soundtrack is a classic and the assembled talent is unreal: John Legend is just that, Kaki King is a guitar virtuoso that will blow you away, Chris Botti plays a soul melting horn and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers (who plays the male lead in the movie) can take his pick - rock star or movie star. He'll surprise you to say the least.

Incredible movie and music to match. Do yourself a favor, see the movie, buy the soundtrack.
on January 20, 2016
This soundtrack is an exact score of the music from the movie. I wanted to hear the songs as they were arranged on the film, and this soundtrack delivered. Beautiful music and arrangements, this is my new favorite CD.
on April 19, 2012
This CD is awesome. It arrived in prime condition in a timely manner. Rarely place an order for music from a movie but it was a must have. Because I recently discovered the film and loved it so much I watched it repeatedly, really connected with the music.

I've already listened to it several times and shared with a friend. Only one disappointment. The Moondance song did not feature enough of the lyrics.
on November 23, 2008
Having watched August Rush at least 15-20 times, the music is forever ingrained in my memory. I saw it three times in the theatre and bought it immediately when it came out on DVD. It took me the better part of a year to buy the soundtrack, but once I did (last week), I have not stopped playing it!!!

I will at the outset, just get my minor complaints out. On the second track "Bach/Break" the beautiful cello that is interspersed throughout the track in the movie is missing. There is only cello in the beginning on the soundtrack version, which is very disapointing because it was was made the track so good!!! I also have the same feeling for "Elger/Something Inside". Also missing is the beautiful organ piece in the film where August is experiementing and composing on an organ. A few version of Jonathan Rhys Meyeres singing "Moondance" would have been nice too, but oh well.

Other than those very minor quibbles, this soundtrack is leaps and bounds ahead of 99% of the movie soundtracks that come out in that this soundtrack is consistently good. From the music taken straight out of the film tracks 1-10, to the music that fills the end credits, tracks 11-14; every single track is solid. The accoustic instrumentals "Bari Improv" and "Ritual Dance" by Kaki King are absolutely superb! Also, the beautiful "Raise it Up" is a very encouraging piece of gospel music with the lovely voice of Jamila Simone Nash. Although it would have been preferable to hear Leon Thomas III sing "La Bamba" accoustically like he does in the movie, rather than a full instrumental version.

Regardless of my minor complaints, this is a soundtrack that will be enhanced by seeing the movie, but it is not necassary to have seen the movie to enjoy this music, it is just flat out great music.

God Bless ~Amy
on February 13, 2014
Great soundtrack, great movie! The music in this movie is just so beautiful. I don't know why I waited so long to finally get the cd for this movie as it is one of my favorite movies. If you like the movie at all, chances are you loved the music in it.
on December 14, 2009
While this CD does have most of the songs from the movie, it does not contain the music I was hoping for such as the organ solo in the church which I absolutely love(the scene and the music) this "soundtrack is not really that without these sort of pieces as well.
A movie about the power of music should have a delightful soundtrack; & "August Rush" blissfully delivers. Because of the style, my favorites are the Jonathan Rhys Meyers' numbers "This Time" & "Something Inside." "This Time" builds beautifully with an emotional delivery, "I been singing, watching life pass from the sidelines; Been waiting for a dream to seep in through my blinds; I wondered what might happen if I left this all behind, Would the wind be at my back? Could I get you off my mind?" It's lovely. "Something Inside/Elgar" combines the classical and pop performances in a lovely combination, "You wish you could find something warm 'cause you're shivering cold." The two Kaki King tracks are delicious, partly because of the sweet scenes from the film. "August's Rhapsody" is lovely with the sonic input August observes in the film and the insertion of the instrumental take on Van Morrison's "Moondance." Paula Cole is a delightful vocalist whose CD Courage had my #1 favorite song from last year, "Safe In My Arms." She has done duets with Chris Botti on several discs. Their teaming on the famous Billie Holiday number "God Bless the Child" that was also a Blood, Sweat & Tears centerpiece is moving & gorgeous. This is one of the best soundtrack CDs because the music is stylistically varied & consistently excellent. Enjoy!