Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 8, 2012
This is a good watch - no doubt. It has a spectacular white dial with plenty of marking for telling time and for making other time measurements, i.e., tachymeter. It is a chronograph, which is a big plus - you can time how long you stand in line at the Department of Motor Vehicles. It also has a date window.

August Steiner makes good watches that are not exorbitantly expensive. The same is true of this watch. With all the features it has on it, it only cost me $80. For a chronograph watch, that is pretty outstanding. I looked at a lot of other watches before I bought this one - and I'm glad I went with this one. It has a good feel to it - it is fairly heavy without being annoying on my wrist. The white dial really stands out. It is not necessary for me to hold the watch right up to my face to tell the time. It also has a date window, something I really didn't see on other chronographs in this price range. And the date window is also big enough so I can readily see the date. The case seems rugged - I'm not worried about every time I bang it on something. I think it will last in the long run.

The one drawback I see with this watch is the band. It is stiff - the leather is just not very flexible. I'm hoping that by wearing it more it will soften up some.

As far as how precise the timing mechanism is, I tested it against the NIST nuclear clock in Colorado. Over the course of 24 hours, it lost a second. I think that is amazing. So this watch does keep excellent time.
on May 5, 2012
I use this watch at work where it is put in many different types of environments. It has held up for me in rain, extreme heat and bitter cold without ever stopping once. Great looking watch for such a rugged piece.
on December 10, 2013
This is positively the worst purchase I've made on the internet and personifies why people are reluctant to make sight/unseen purchases. I love watches and thought this would be a nice gift for my son, but I was way wrong. The dial was lopsided, the chronograph dials did not work, in order to change the date, you have to manually turn the winding stem for a 24 hour period, the band is week and cheap ... I could go on. If you have any appreciation for your money, never, and I'm mean NEVER, by a Steiner Men's watch.
on September 3, 2013
The watch is beautiful, the strap is soft and comfortable, unfortunately when I put it on the middle button dug into my wrist. I wore the watch for 15 minutes and had to take it off...a mark was visible on my wrist from the imprint of the button. As much as I wanted to keep it, it was just too uncomfortable to wear.
on July 7, 2014
The watch is fine for the price, but my initial impression is that it looks nicer in photos than in reality. On my wrist, the watch looks a little cheap and I wish the August Steiner name wasn't so prominent -- would you wear a polo shirt with "Wallmart" boldly displayed on the front? The black buttons on the side are plastic, as is the outer rim, and the watch came with no instructions. That said, the watch looks fine for the price, and I will wear it with casual clothes that the watch seems to match.
on August 21, 2012
Really glad I bought this watch after contemplating for a couple of weeks.

The quality is solid; watch feels sturdy and the band is wide and thick.
Another aspect I like is the crystal. Not sure if all sapphire crystals are like this, but you can't even see the crystal!
Looking at the watch at all angles, it looks like the watch does not have a crystal, so the view of the face is very clear.
I really like that.

Only minor complaint is the paint job; a close look and you will see excess paint. But it's very minor.

The watch looks much much better in person.
on December 13, 2013
It is not a Swiss product, watch is made in Japan, battery is Japanese, the watch band should be of lower quality and legend "Swiss Quarts" does not appear in the dial, the conclusion is that a clock is 100 made in Japan, the seller should not sell items with different descriptions. return this article is very expensive, since I live in Guatemala, why not retornare it, but I do not recommend it. There are brands of Swiss manufacture of low-cost, I'd rather spend a few dollars more to buy an article that if East according to its description
on June 21, 2014
The watch I received is not same as the image shown for this watch. It does not say "swiss quartz" at the bottom of watch. So I am going to return it.
on November 18, 2012
the watch i received is replica, its shows swiss made in the picture but is not.. very disappointed.. im lucky i sold it the same price..
on March 7, 2013
It just looked cheap when I put it on my wrist. Weird too because in the photo it looks sort of cool. Just my opinion, sorry.