5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the BEST speaker of this type in the price range!!
I received this unit to test and review, so made sure to put it through its paces with several bluetooth enabled devices. I used a MacBook Pro, iPhone 5s, a Motorola X and a Samsung Note 3.

Published 6 months ago by Levi80

3.0 out of 5 stars Average; Holds Ipad2 nicely
The Hi's are decent at high volume, the bass leaves much to be desired at high volumes. However it does hold my IPad2 snuggly and the sound is superior to the IPad2's speakers. This is an average speaker for the price paid.
Published 1 month ago by Michael Wojtalewicz

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the BEST speaker of this type in the price range!!, August 15, 2014
This review is from: Aukey Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Stand With Viewing Cradle, Dual 5W Driver, Enhanced Bass, Built in Mic, 3.5mm AUX Port, Rechargeable Battery (BT023, Black) (Wireless Phone Accessory)

First, let me say that the connecting to this speaker was a breeze. I merely turned it on and set my device to discovery mode and that was it....Speaker connected. Once I was up and running there, I was able to run youtube video sound, music and phone calls.

The sound on this speaker is UNBEATABLE for its price. Simply put, if you have $30 and are looking for a bluetooth speaker with built in mic then look no further. The cradle is a nice addition and holds all of the above mentioned phones just fine, but to be honest I rarely kept it in there as I wanted the phone close so I could change songs easily. The phone functionality of this speaker is just a boon. I love being able to have crystal clear speakerphone conversations with people. Using this speaker with my Macbook yielded equal results.

I really cannot say anything bad about this speaker and would recommend it to anyone in the market. Thanks Aukey!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Tablet Speaker, August 12, 2014
This Bluetooth speaker pairs perfectly with your tablet.

The design of the speaker is very well planned, all rounds edges, nothing to stick or poke you when handling it. The all plastic design keeps it light but strong.

There are two speakers for true stereo sound, which give this speaker very great sound. The sound quality is nice and crisp even at higher levels. For the size of the speaker, it packs enough sound to fill a room full of sound.

There is only one button, which serves as the play/pause and phone answer/end. With the minimalistic design, it keeps the design nice and clean. There is an AUX port to use as a wired speaker (which increases battery life).

There is a rubber slot atop of the speaker to hold your tablet perfectly in landscape mode. Also, there is a kickstand to ensure you speaker and tablet will not move

Not only does it turn your tablet into a mini theater, it also makes crisp phone calls.

FEATURES:
Bluetooth Version: 2.1 + EDR
Operating Range: 33 Feet (10m)
Charging Time: 3.5 Hours
Music/Talk Time: Up To 3 Hours
Talk Time: Up To 4 Hours

I was supplied a sample for the purpose of review.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little sound bar, July 31, 2014
This review is for the BT-023 sound bar. I'm actually pretty impressed with this speaker. For its size and relative expense it packs a punch! I didn't expect to get such loud, clear sound from such a small speaker. I've used others that sound tinny or muffled but you don't get any of that distortion unless you turn the volume to the max, which you probably won't need to. I like that you can answer phone calls on this when your phone is paired with it over bluetooth, although you have to be pretty close to it for the mic to pick up your voice. Still, call quality was clear with little to no delay and the mic quality is decent as well for the person listening on the other end.

I also used it with my computer using the included headphone jack cable. I had it playing just under 6 hours at medium volume on a full charge. You can't adjust the volume on the speakers itself; you have to do that using the device it's paired with which is slightly inconvenient if you've got your phone or tablet docked on top and have to unlock it to change the volume. The rubberized plastic along the top of the stand helps grip your phone and gives it that soft-touch feel. It's nice looking but wears off easily. There's a few nicks and scratches on it simply from putting my phone in and taking it out. Also the cradle isn't super wide so if you have a case on your phone, it may not fit in the stand unless you take it off. Also note that the unit has a flip out kickstand which is essential if you're going to be putting your phone or tablet in the dock so it doesn't tip over! I didn't try it with a large tablet, so I can't say if it would hold up to the weight, but my 7" Kindle was fine with the stand engaged. Overall, the speaker performs well and that's the most important part. I had no trouble pairing it with my phone and it continued playing without interruption even when I moved the phone out of the room and was separated by 1 floor. I received this as a test unit for my complete and unbiased review.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST, August 21, 2014
chaquayla (Savannah, GA) - See all my reviews
I actually really enjoyed this speaker. I'm a little pessimistic when it comes to anything claiming to be wireless. There's always something wrong, but this wasn't the case. Anyway, this package came with the the portable speaker, usb cable for charging, and an audio connector. It looks very chic and I like the fact that it came with a manual that explain how to work it in detail. Bravo.
So after charging it for a couple of hours I decided to test it on my phone(MotoX). The instructions on connecting it was very simple and i got it connected in seconds. The cool thing about the connection is that when you turned the speaker on it automatically connects to your device. So that can be good or bad for some people. The sound came out better than I expected with a little bass around the music. It can actually get pretty loud depending on your device. My phone fit easily into the place holder on the top so that's a plus. The manual stated that the sound is clear within 3 feet of the speaker but I found out that I can move about 6 feet away and still have a clear sound. So maybe that depends on the area. Charging it is never a problem. I've used my pc or i use my usb wall charger. Both work well which makes it easier to take out with me. I've been using it for the whole day and haven't charged it so the battery life is pretty strong. All in all the speaker is a definite buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice speaker with a smartphone or tablet stand..., August 5, 2014
This is a very smart, compact speaker, that also has a hidden cradle, that also serves as a smartphone or tablet stand in portrait or landscape. I am very impressed with this neat feature.

This little speaker ( 4.7" x 4.7" x 1.3"), has two powerful 5W drivers deliver robust sound, with some bass, but not booming. For me, this is a plus, as I listen to classic rock, jazz and classical. Still, I was surprised it sounded as good as it did due to it's very compact size.

I really like the concept of the cradle, and when I use it, that will be nice. Still, it looks really nice without anything, as it's sleek and clean. All buttons are in the middle of the speaker, making it easy to use. It even has it's own volume control that is vey handy.

The unit only weighs only 8.6 ounces, and recharged fast at 3 hours.
As I have not had it long, I will update this review if I find any changes in the next couple weeks.

This item was sent for review, and the opinions are my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great unique speaker that sounds great., August 1, 2014
This review is for BT028 round wireless speaker. I purchased this for use in my basement theater which happens to have a small bar. It looks perfect on the bar top. The color and style greatly compliments the surroundings. It sounds great, looks great and works great. It lasts about 3-4 hours at medium volume and is easily re-charged from any compatible USB charger. The pairing process was easy and took only a minute or two. Once the unit is paired, it remembers the device and automatically starts playing the last song played when turned on. When entertaining friends and having a few drinks at the bar it servers as a great ambient music source that is concentrated to that location without disturbing others conversations elsewhere in the basement. It can easily fill a 12 x 12 room at louder volumes but serves my purpose well. Love it and would recommend to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Aukey BT028 Wireless Speaker Portable Bluetooth Speaker Stand w/ Viewing Cradle, August 1, 2014
Length:: 4:03 Mins

ASIN: B00LPB5FF8

The circular Disk is built with two 5W drivers, providing 3 and a half hours playtime before recharging its internal 1050mAh Lithium Battery from the included USB micro cable. Connect to an audio source with either Bluetooth (2.1 +EDR; A2DP, AVRCP, HFP Profile support) or use the supplied stereo patch cable via the Auxiliary port.

The swing out "cradle panel" provides a cradle to contain your mobile device or pad upright for easy viewing.

The dual 5W drivers and sensitve microphone pickup make this a natural as a speakerphone for convenient viewing access with your mobile device or pad.

The interrupt signal button is easily accessed to accept or reject an incoming call.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little bluetooth speaker, August 21, 2014
Rob S "Rob S" (Conwy, North Wales) - See all my reviews
I've had a few Bluetooth Speakers, varies prices and quality, the Aukey looked a superb little product and fancied the feature that allowed you to use it as a handsfree phone.

Received quickly, I do like the packaging with Aukey products, they look expensive and would make a nice gift.

I was surprised how small its about the same as my phone n width.

Setting up is straight forward, I connected my Samsung Galaxy S4 and my Ipod touch both found it in a heart beat using the bluetooth find device mode.

The speaker has a built in rechargeable battery which you can charge via a USB connection (supplied) or via an external USB charge (not supplied)

The Aukey also has an aux input if you have an older ipod which may not have bluetooth.

The speaker has a pop out tray which allows you to sit a tablet or phone or similar, which is a great feature, turns the speaker in to a little Hi-fi system.

The important thing is always the sound, they can look well made be packed with features but if the sound is poor it counts for nothing.
The sound quality is really impressive the bass is amazing, sounds almost like a subwoofer is attached, every time I pop it on and listen I can help but scratch my head at how small and how much sound, can come out of small little speaker.

One feature that I do like is the handsfree option for your phone, I do a fair bit for a local charity and often end up with lengthy phone conversations which I like to share with my wife so she can say her bit, with the Aukey its great, I sit it on the kitchen table and we can both hear the sound perfectly, and both pitch in at the same time, brilliant, really pleased with that feature. All that for such little money, outstanding value.

Easy five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little bluetooth speaker!, August 17, 2014
This is a nicely designed (and for the price quite impressive sounding) bluetooth speaker with the addition of being able to answer the phone!

Absolutely terrific stuff, here's why....

What is it?
--------------
This Aukey device is a little Bluetooth wireless speaker.

In summary, if you've got a smartphone (ie. Android or iPhone) or tablet (eg. iPad, Nexus or Kindle Fire) or even a relatively modern laptop you can wirelessly stream (play) music from your device. No wires, no fuss just great sound.

Let's face it. Increasingly, we listen to music on our smartphone or tablet - not from a CD player. These little speakers use a "Bluetooth connection" (a bit like WIFI - but it's limited to connect two devices together – in this case your Smartphone and the speaker).

The really nice feature of this device is you can also use it as a “hands free” speakerphone for your mobile. This means you could (for example) have a “conference call” with the entire family.

What's it like?
----------------
It’s a lovely little device.

It’s a diminutive speaker at about 9 inches long and just 2 inches high, and looks a bit like a minaturised version of a TV speaker sound-bar.

While the sound quality is not quite HI FI (as you’d expect at this price point), I was pleasantly surprised by the full sound this device produced. It really does pump out a respectible sound. I get to test an awful lot of speakers, and at this price point, this really was pretty impressive

In terms of build quality, it does feel quite nice with a lovely piano black finish with a built in tablet computer stand. This is a great design feature as it means you can always leave your tablet or smartphone with the speaker.

One of the difficulties with these bluetooth speakers, is the music source (your iPad, Tablet Computer or smartphone) must be within about 30 feet of the speaker or the sound starts to break up. I decided to objective measure this one, and was amazed to find with a clear line-of-sight I walked about 40+ feet (that’s from the furthest point in my lounge out into the garden) and it still kept going, although this drops to about 25 feet when there’s an external wall in the way.

To put this in context, most mid-size houses have rooms of about 12-14 feet across. This means you should (depending upon electrical interference) maintain a good connection throughout your house.

I tested it without any problems on:-

* Google Nexus 5 Smartphone
* iPad Air
* iPhone 4GS
* Mac Book Pro

Connection (pairing) was almost immediate, and sound quality clear, but not quite HI FI quality (you can pay up to £250+ for a top-end device).

Who should buy it?
---------------------------
Well, at this price almost anyone, but I'd guess it'd be brilliant for....

* For a child or young teenager to stream music from a PC, Mac or Tablet computer
* To watch films on an iPad or Android tablet - to boost the sound quality
* To take on a picnic or holiday. It's small, well built and weighs almost nothing
* To improve the sound quality from built in speakers on a laptop

What's Good about it?
-----------------------
* Sound quality is surprisingly good
* Voice quality (for example listening to the radio) is incredibly clear.
* Built in ability to answer calls, and use it as a speakerphone
* Built in rechargable battery lasts for around 6 hours (great for a party)
* Comes with a bluetooth option plus a cable to connect via the headphone socket..
* Incredibly small and light

What's not so good?
---------------------------
Not a not really. When I first open these devices I do the “bloke test”, and ignore the instructions and just try to set it up. I’m pleased to say it passed with flying colours. So no complaints at all.

Conclusion
-------------
A great little device which would look and work great in a lounge or bedroom.

Disclosure: I was kindly sent this by the manufacturer to give an independent unbiased review.

Highly Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slim and Sexy in Black- a perfect Back To School Gift!, August 7, 2014
This is a stylish Bluetooth speaker with added call control functionality
It provides hands free call support and has an included built in mic, which is a bonus.

PAIRING:-The unit is easy to setup and pair. It automatically enters paring mode when switched on. It can automatically connect to a device if it had already been paired with it in the past.
However, this simplicity does come at the cost of lacking more detailed/granular connectivity options

FORM-FCTOR:-
The unit has a lay-flat form factor. It is pretty slim. The casing has a smooth black finish and with the twin speakers looks really powerful. The built in supporting stand is helpful and provides added support when you have your smart phone attached to the unit.

CONNECTIVITY:-
The Bluetooth connection works with all Bluetooth enabled MP3, DVD, Laptops, Smartphones, and a bunch more.
You can further connect via the 3.5 mm jack that comes with it, for non-bluetooth devices.
I tried with a Samsung S4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nokia 520, iPad 3 and a couple of other older cell phones I have in my house.
It paired up immediately and it has never failed to reconnect seamlessly, even after both devices have been shut down for long periods of time.
The connection remained solid over the entire range of the distance as promised.

SOUND:-
The sound quality is crystal clear and best when its placed in line of sight with the source. It can play your favorite music with excellent quality and no echos, screeches or breaks. It really can be a great gift and speaker to have for parties or just about any where you would like to use it.
The bass levels are amazing and respectable for a unit of this size. However, I did notice some degradation in sound levels, the moment you move it away from the source, walking past walls, cabinets, doors and other obstacles within the house

POWER-SOURCE:-
The rechargeable battery makes it easier for everyone and saves you in the long run.
However, the charging time is too large for the play time delivered. I would have happily preferred a bigger battery capacity over a little larger form factor for this unit.
Also, the micro USB cable that comes along is too short to be useful for any practical purposes.

PACKAGING:-
The packaging is attractive. It comes with a micro USB cable, an aux cable, a carry pouch and manual.