Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 30, 2010
Good Ole NutriCity - They ALWAYS are WAY OVER market on their pricing, and then they add exorbitant shipping that always seems to cost as much, or more, than the item?? We have a so called (very pricey/spendy) "Gourmet Market" near our office and they price these exact beets at under three dollars - this NutriCity price works out to almost five dollars per jar - there it is. Buyer beware........ However, these Aunt Nellies Harvard Sweet & Sour beets are unusually gooooooood! So tasty right out of the jar, they are even better added to a salad, or rinsed and patted dry for a appetizer tray before dinner. BUT the BEST reason to buy these awesome BEETS is the HARVARD BEET CAKE recipe on the jar! It is the BEST spice cake you EVER tasted and gets a whole lotta veggies into your kids on the sly!! NO ONE, especially kids, will guess the secret ingredient that makes the cake disappear so FAST, so do NOT tell!! The cake is excellent with or without the optional walnuts and we like it both ways. Aunt Nellies Harvard Beets are recommended!
on May 3, 2014
i grew up eating these beets. however, there was no high fructose corn syrup in them. i HATE the stuff. i avoid it at all costs. i hope aunt nellies will realize that people don't want it in their food. these are yummy, but i hate the fake sugar. a catch 22.
on February 8, 2012
I stumble upon this product at Walmart and bought it without looking at the ingredients, thinking that it uses sugar. I was surprised to find out later on that this product lists high fructose corn syrup on the third in the ingredients list. If you don't care consuming HFCS, then disregard this feedback. For me, HFCS is totally out of consideration.
0Comment8 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2012
The beets themselves are great. They're small/medium sized, sliced like one would slice an orange, and and firm and nice. The syrup however is horrible. It is thick and and not flavored in a good way. While the first few beets in the sweet & slightly spicy syrup are OK, after the first few the syrup is unbearable. I wish they'd dump the syrup and just put it in vinegar and maybe a tiny bit of spices.
on April 19, 2014
I have purchased Aunt Nellie's products before, but the jar of "sweet and sour" Harvard beets were the worst my husband and I ever tasted. The beets were in a really thick sauce that had absolutely no taste at all. I ended up throwing away the whole jar. I will never buy them again.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse