Rock Your Bass, Not Your Room
The Auralex SubDude is a 15-inch by 15-inch platform wrapped with ozite to fit any room setting. Its purpose is to prevent sound from transmitting through your subwoofer to surrounding surfaces.
Subwoofers create big vibrations (low frequencies) that you can feel in the floor and in objects placed nearby. When the source of the vibrations is coupled directly to the floor it causes these objects to vibrate or resonate--not only at the fundamental pitch the source is creating but also at harmonic frequencies that discolor the true sound from the source. Now you have two (or more) objects vibrating, which creates an acoustical problem called "secondary resonance".
The SubDude works to absorb those vibrations, thus preventing discoloration and resulting in a much tighter low frequency response.
Auralex SubDude Features and Benefits
- Gives you nearly total acoustic isolation for better tone
- Tighten and increase sonic detail of your source
- Hear more clarity and consistency of low frequencies and effects
- Decouples sound source from the floor, resulting in greater audibility and clarity
- Lightweight, portable riser with convenient handle pre-installed
- Made of 1/2-inch MDF covered with black ozite and supported by two Platfoam runners surrounding a Studiofoam center strip
- Road-ready carpet
- Studiofoam wedges
- Live sound and residential theater subwoofers, under stage monitors, under DJ turntables, under guitar amps and bass amps
- Great for recording studios, residential theaters, houses of worship and club gigs
Get Your Subwoofer Off the Floor
The SubDude is fabricated using patented Auralex PlatFoam. PlatFoam is a thicker, denser variation of our industry standard Studiofoam that is very effective at controlling low-frequency vibrations. With this material between your amp and the floor, you can achieve almost total acoustic isolation. This translates into a tighter frequency response across the entire broadband range, and is most noticeable in the low and low mid ranges.
Rugged Design for Studio or Live Use
The SubDude platform is covered in rugged Ozite, making it able to stand up to the wear-and-tear associated with touring and regular gigging.
Supports Most Subwoofers and Bass Cabinets
With dimensions of 15-inches long , 15-inches wide and weight limit of 300 pounds, the SubDude is sturdy enough to support most 15-inch or 18-inch subwoofers. The dimensions are also ideal to isolate most 1x15 or 1x18 bass cabinets.