Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Aurora AS810SD 8-Sheet Strip-Cut Paper, CD and Credit Card Shredder Basket
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 3, 2008
I bought this shredder because it had decent reviews, and was small and white (read: blends in with decor so my wife would let me keep it out in plain view).

This is a super light duty shredder. It doesn't make confetti cuts, just turns the paper into long strips. As a result, it isn't as secure and take up a lot of space in the bucket, so you have to empty often. But my biggest complaint is obviously that it broke the first day I had it. I would have been more upset except that I hadn't thrown away the packaging yet so it made it easy to return. So I was very disappointed and can't recommend a product that broke on day one, but Amazon was great about their return policy as usual.

I purchased a Fellowes DM12c as a replacement, which is more expensive and heavier duty. I really like the Fellowes shredder and it was worth the extra money. The way it sounds when this baby devours documents is like the purr of exhaust on a vette or porsche - very satisfying.
44 comments|209 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2008
Great buy. Grab it before its out of stock. I did couple of searches for a good Shreder and found that all of them with all shredding capabilities are almost for 50 bucks.
I found this and read all the reviews and got this product. Am using this since couple of months and found it great with No trouble at all.

Adavantages:
1] Shreds almost 8 to 10 pages simultaneously.
2] Also easily shreds unopened envelops which contains the dummy plastic credit cards.
3] Shreds CD/DVD into 4 to 6 pieces. One at a time.
4] Shreds Credit Cards. One at a time.
5] Shreds Stapled bunch of papers.
6] All this for a price 29.99 bucks is a WORTH.

Cons:
1] CD/DVD is cut into couple of pieces. So if its your personal CD/DVD you might need to shred the shreded peices too.
2] Same goes with important credit cards.
3] But no worries its just an extra additional one time effort. Grab it :).

Overall its awesome and I found no real cons. in it. Its a shredder with all features at a price of only paper shredder from many other brands. So, close your eyes and grab it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Feb 23rd 2012 12:48PM EST
Guys it was long time back I purchased this product. Now my brother is using this shredder and it is still working fine but these days AmazonBasics shredder are looking good for the price. I have recently ordered AmazonBasics 12-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper/CD/Credit Card Shredder with Basket and will post its review after using it for couple of weeks. Thanks.
review image
11 comment|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2007
This is a great shredder for the home, and for the price. If the basket is too small for the shredding job you're doing, an attached extension on the side of the shredder just pulls out, and you can just place the shredder over the larger basket, I find the 13 gal. kitchen-size wastebasket works great. Buy it. You won't be disappointed.
0Comment|108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2007
This is fine for home use (credit card offers and such). While it says that it shreds 8 sheets, I've found that it works best with no more than 4. And pay attention to the 10 minute limit.
on July 13, 2007
This little baby is a great asset for anyone intent on keeping their personal identity theirs. It works great with the minor drawback of it's size. If you have a lot of shredding to do the basket is small and you will need to empty it often, otherwise, it is easy to work and does what it was advertized to do.
on October 17, 2008
First, the most important thing: I never put more than 6 sheets through this at a time (it says it can handle eight). I used it only for home shredding: old bank statements and so forth, so it was really only lightly used. In other words, this is not a case of someone buying a low-end shredder and complaining if it breaks when trying to shove 84 pages through it at once.

The nitty gritty is this: After perhaps 100 total sheets of paper over the course of a few weeks, it just quit working. Reverse setting still works, but that's hardly helpful since reverse doesn't shred. Having seen all the great reviews, I'm very disappointed in this product. Note: this does not do "confetti" or "cross cut" shredding: it shreds things into long strips. Additionally, the CD "shredder" did not actually shred or even break the CD, but rather, simply engraved scratches on it. I could have done that with a utility knife without bothering with a shredder.

In summary: Not recommended.
on January 7, 2008
Got this and the first day the CD/DVD "shredder" broke. A cd-rom got stuck in and cracked the plastic casing causing it to jam up.
on July 17, 2008
The shredded cuts are rather large. If this product would shred 8 sheets, it would have to be 8 sheets of onion skin paper. It has a difficult time doing 5 sheets. I put in an old credit card & the shredder began to smell hot. This product is good for very small projects only.
on December 17, 2007
I had another shredder that sat on top of a tall kitchen basket for about 10 years. It finally died. It cost me about $30. So, I go this one. One review said that it had a handle that would extend so you could place it on a tall trash basket. I did that but the arm is not made well, very flimsy, and it totally snapped off. I was forced into using the basket it came with which is really too small and I have to keep dumping the paper. It shreds good but I wouldn't try more than 5 sheets at a time. I haven't tried the CD or credit card shredders yet so I don't know if they function well or not.
on August 13, 2008
If you're looking for a home shredder that will do the job without costing you an arm and a leg, this is definetly it! If the wastebasket that comes with the shredder is "too small" for your use, simply apply "common sense" by putting the shredder over a larger wastebasket! Ignore all of these ho-hum reviews gripping about the wastebasket size by describing it as a "little shredder" that does "small jobs" which require "frequent emptying". Nonsense! The moment mine arrived, I took it out of the box, disgarded it's wastebasket and put the shredder over my larger wastebasket then began shredding! The shredder works fine! It's quiet and adequate for home use. For commercial use, go elsewhere. No problems here what-so-ever. Love it!