Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Is this Hard Drive 240 volts 110 volts? I would like to know for I am in Australia and do not want my computer that I am building to be fried. Thanks.
[UPDATED] asked by Joe D'arcy on April 13, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
It's a 3 tb hard drive and the power is supplied by the computer not the hard drive.
kenby answered on April 13, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is an internal hard drive. They all operate on 5vdc & 12vdc, that is supplied by the computers power supply. The only item of concern is the computers power supply; I have never seen a power supply that was not switchable between 120 volts & 220 volts ac.
William Wilson answered on April 13, 2013

A
Harry Suh answered on April 13, 2013

A
I am in the Unites States and we use 110 volts for most of our needs. So the computer is running on 110 volts AC. The computer then converts the voltage to whatever is needed internally by the computer's power supply.
Jim Poling answered on April 13, 2013

A
Neither. The Computer or System Manager (DVR, NVR) may be 100-120 or 220-240 VAC but the power to the HDD is 5 and 12 VDC
Raul Cortes answered on April 13, 2013

A
I have the 3TB Seagate Barracuda in my hand now and reading the case it says +12VDC 0.75 AMPS
Always a Gamer answered on April 14, 2013

A
12V DC no mater where you are...
Frenchyaz answered on April 23, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product