5.0 out of 5 stars Tried it all but this really works
I have tried every arthritis cream/product out there for my knees. I've taken far too many glucosamine products and none of them worked. I've tried every topical cream with little to no results.

Published on July 27, 2009 by Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

2.0 out of 5 stars It works but at a hefty $PRICE$
I friend told me to try Australian Dream. I admit, it does work but why shouldn't it? It contains 0.025% of Histamine Dihydrochloride, HDHC, a topical analgesic. When I went shopping to buy a tub, I about had a heart attack. $28 for a 4 oz. jar!!!!

Holy cow!

There is nothing special about this HDHC. It is a generic and can be incorporated into...
Published 5 months ago by S. Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried it all but this really works, July 27, 2009
This review is from: Australian Dream Arthritis Pain Relief Cream, 4 Ounce (Health and Beauty)

I had pretty much decided I would learn to live with the exruciating pain of arthritis when out of desperation (and wanting to be able to walk with my kids) I tried Australian Dream. I almost didn't buy it because of the price and I thought it may end up in the failure pile of products.

I'm glad I took the chance. It has made an amazing difference in my life. I use it about four times a day, and I am pain-free. If I know I'm going to be out walking quite a bit, or on my feet more than usual, I use it right before I go out.

I am now ordering back up supplies so I never run out of it, I highly recommend it!

UPDATE JANUARY 6, 2013

I did end up having a total knee replacement in July of 2010.

Even though the Australian Dream worked for the pain and inflammation I wanted to live without having pain return, so I went for the surgery.

While many people breeze through knee replacement, just as many do not. It is a surgery that basically amputates a portion of your leg and replaces it with an artificial solution. The serious recovery time (in home health care, blood thinners, narcotic pain relievers, occupational and physical therapy, using a walker then a cane, no driving, etc.) took 6 weeks. The "back to normal life and activities" still hasn't happened, 2 1/2 years later. I have different issues with the artificial joint, but issues nonetheless.

Now my other knee needs done. I'm 48, and I still have children at home. I'm not going through that again just to gamble, hoping for a halfway solution. I still use Australian Dream, every day. I have added other things to my pain management regimen that have pretty much given me a 90% solution. I am pain free most days and have mobility.

Along with using the Australian Dream, I drink tart cherry juice concentrate twice a day (2 tablespoons each time). It was recommended by the Arthritis Foundation and AARP to relieve pain and inflammation. It works, and has studies to back up its use as an anti-inflammatory. Amazon sells it, I use Tart is Smart.

If I overdo it by doing heavy cleaning or am out all day walking (serious pain), I use Kratom extract for pain relief. You can buy it from an ethnobotanical compay online. It works better than OxyContin and Percoset ever did, it has all natural ingredients, and it doesn't have side effects beyond tasting horrible.

For preventative measures to avoid stiffness, I use Therma Care heat wraps. They're fantastic for nighttime use so you can get out of bed without stiffness. I also use them if I'm going to be sitting for long periods of time.

I hope everyone finds pain relief at some point. Arthritis is a horrible disease that like one reviewer said makes you desperate for relief. For me, even surgery didn't completely provide that. My advice is to consider using multiple strategies, and develop a regimen that gives you your quality of life back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Skeptical, but tried it, February 26, 2011
I tore a quad tendon in my knee two years ago. Arthritis has developed and there is some sharp pain associated with walking or flexing. I just am not at the point of knee replacement. Also have a Shoulder impingement caused by compression of the tendons of the rotator cuff between a part of the shoulder blade and the head of the humerus. That has some bone spurs which catch at the wrong time and gives a sharp pain.

I take 800 mg ibuprofen but do not want to load up the liver with that stuff. Know a person that died from that. So I heard the advertisement, and decided to give Australian Dream Cream a chance.

Well, it works, at least for me, plain and simple. I take two finger tips, dip in the jar and rub it in at the source of the ache. It goes away in about 5 minutes, and stays that way for 8 or so hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for mild pain, December 26, 2012
I discovered Australian Dream at my mother-in-law's over the Holidays. My wife's Dad has severe arthritis pain and uses it so I thought I'd give it a try for my osteoarthritis pain. After a day of great results (a near pain-free day) I decided to do some research. Like others that have reviewed here I'm surprised at the high number of negative reviews after a good experience for myself. Then I dug deep online. Here are my take-aways:

It's great for mild arthritis related pain. The positive effects are tied to the active ingredient Histamine dihydrochlorideInactive increasing blood flow to the treated region. So essentially this reproduces the effect of icing. After four ACL surgeries and years of physical therapy on my knees, pain, and now osteoarthritis, I can tell you that icing my knee works well. It's also a total pain in the butt. This seems to provide the same positive effects without the effort of icing.

The negative reviews seem to come from people with severe arthritic pain. This makes sense since it doesn't contain any pain blocking agents, so for people with severe pain, this probably won't do much for them. However, if you have pain that can benefit from increased blood flow to let you body treat the pain point this will likely help. While expensive compared to other creams they have their money back guarantee so I'd give it a shot. Based on what I've seen it looks like they honor the refunds when people send them in. But again, if you have really bad pain, it looks like this might not help.

I'm planning on using it as part of a pain overall reduction strategy. My plan is to use it as my main long-term treatment for pain along with physical therapy. The side effects are minimal and it works for me. I'll still use the more powerful stuff / pain blockers when my knee hurts really bad after activity or a long drive / flight. But this is a great compliment and I'm stoked that I found it.

I hope this review helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can you say MAGIC IN A JAR?, January 27, 2010
It works miraculously on all kinds of pain. It is great for arthritis and back, muscle and any kind of pain. I've used it for years and always try to have a supply handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dream cream, January 26, 2011
Teresa Ford (St Augustine, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This is an awesome product. I can't live without it. No smell to it and it works amazingly. If you have joint pain and need immediate relief...this is the product for you. Just rub a small amount on and before you realize it...the pain is gone. You will not be sorry. I recommend it all the time and they have all loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT!!!, December 16, 2012
My husband has been a courier for the number 1 non-union delivery service for almost 15 yrs. He does heavy lifting each and every day. He seems to be on a regular regimen of ibuprofen and acetaminophen, which rarely works, and also is doing damage to his liver. One day after having pulled something in his upper back, we stopped at the drug store to get some icy hot, bengay etc....after being referred to Australian Dream Cream by another customer, I decided to get it instead, even though it was $30 compared to the common menthol rubs for $8. It said Empty Jar Guarantee, so I figured what the heck? I must say I'm so surprised that there aren't more good reviews of this product, because after one application and 10 minutes, he had already seen improvement. Now I must say that he needed another application in about 3 hours, but it really worked without oral medicine and burning back syndrome. I definately recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Australian Cream for Arthritis, October 24, 2008
My 87 year old mother-in-law just moved in with us. She is active, but has trouble sleeping at night with aches and pains. She has been using this for over 5 years and loves it. We found it on-line thru Amazon so she could purchase it on-going (since there is no health store close by). Just today her new physician looked at the ingredients and expressed surprise. He too was sold on it. She would definitely rate it a 5 plus, and I, too, am impressed. I would recommend it. Thanks Amazon for caring this cream; it has saved us a 100 mile round trip to the big city...and it is delivered right to our door step!

5.0 out of 5 stars Australian Dream works !!, October 6, 2011
Rosemary Smith (Lafayette, LA., USA) - See all my reviews
I put it on and the pain was cut by more than half and it lasted a long time. No pills...no pain...works for me.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Australian Dream come true, April 28, 2008
I bought this for a friend with post-operation pains, who has told me it works very well. She's not easy to please, and if she says it's good, it's good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff, March 30, 2011
Evelyn G boyd (Sarasota, FL, US) - See all my reviews
Saw the commercial on TV and decided to buy it. I am amazed how well this works. I have a very bad knee and my doctor advised me to wait awhile for knee surgery; the pain isn't completely gone, but I am much more mobile than I've been for quite some time. I also have several areas of arthritis and that pain goes away completely,almost for a full day. I will never be without it. It is well worth the price!

Australian Dream Arthritis Pain Relief Cream, 4 Ounce