Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Australian Gold SPF 15 Spray Gel with Bronzer, 8 Ounce
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: With Bronzer|Style Name: SPF 15|Change
Price:$5.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on May 8, 2012
I am a 25 year old, Caucasian, fair-skinned blonde. I burn unprotected in the sun in 30 minutes during high sunlight times during the afternoon. I have never in my life been able to tan without burning. The back label on this product claims to keep you from tanning or burning, but I was able to get a decently golden tan in the Bahamas, by using this every day according to the instructions. The front label also reads that it has instant bronzer. If I'd seen that before I purchased it, I probably wouldn't have. Turns out, there is nothing bronzing or self-tanning in this product. I applied a skin patch test twice a day for 3 days when I first bought it, just to make sure. (Self tanners always make my skin look orangey.)
I also wore this on my skin while wearing a white bathing suit cover up, and there was no bronze-colored rub-off. The lotion appears shimmery and bronze-ish in the container, but it does not apply to your skin in a way that fulfills any hopes of actual bronzing. I also have fairly oily skin, and this did not make my face break out. I paid $8 at Wal Mart for this, and I'm glad I did. I've recommended this to multiple friends. Another key note is that for the best results, you should follow the instructions on the back label regarding how long before exposure you should apply, and when you should reapply, etc.
I was a little hesitant to order this spray gel oil because I thought I would get burned to a crisp, but I didn't - and I have a really deep tan to show for it! Sprays on easily and then you can rub in with your hand. It didn't get liquidy from being in my beach bag in the sun like some sunblock creams can do. Highly recommended!

UPDATE 2016: Still using this years later as my only tanning spray! I've got it coming on Subscribe & Save. Formula doesn't seem to have changed through the years and it's still amazing. I spray it on my hands first and then rub into my skin. Just a tip not to use it on your face - I didn't break out, but the bronzer was a little too much for my lighter face. Looked like I had a dark spray tan. But anywhere else on your body it looks amazing with very natural color!
on June 18, 2016
I am a VERY light skinned person. I grew up ALWAYS using the highest SPF possible. I live in a very sunny state and I've been pale my entire life and I got tired of people telling me how light I was. I decided to buy a lower spf and found this. It smells really good and applies easy. I spray probably 10 pumps for each leg and maybe 5-8 on the arms, 3-4 on the chest, and I'll pump it about 3 times in my hands and rub them together to apply to the face. Sometimes I don't do my face and just put regular sunscreen on. I usually never do my back and I wear a one piece so I don't do my stomach.

I've been using this product for about 2 months and finally have color. Keep in mind, I try to lay out everyday if possible for at least an hour. Comparing my arm to my stomach is a huge contrast because my stomach never sees sunlight. Keep in mind, my ENTIRE body used to be the same color as my stomach. I had no tan lines on my body and I was just all one color. I like that the bottle has instant bronzer that way you don't have to wait ALL day for your tan to settle in. I saw my friend that I haven't seen in 3 months and she was so shocked about how dark I got!

The picture shows my stomach compared to my arm
review image
on June 10, 2008
I love this suntan lotion. It gives you sun protection and gives you a little brown color too. Reaaply after swimming. Be careful around swimsuit edges if it is white. It does wash out later but you don't want brown lotion on your swimsuit while you are looking hot at the beach or pool.
on February 22, 2010
This a fantastic product. I first discovered it on a cruise liner. Not having seen or heard of it before, I was not sure what to expect. However I can honestly say, this is the BEST sunscreen ever.
It smells delicious. Applying it is so easy. It simply smooths on leaving no visible trace on my skin and it is not sticky.
And most importantly...it really works. I have fair skin and still burn with many sunscreens, but I have not been burnt at all while using this product.
I give it a 5 star rating. Just try it!
on July 6, 2015
The Australian Gold suntan range is fantastic, they smell great, the feel great and they don't react badly to my skin! However, the issue I have is with the spray mechanism on the bottle, it is very powerful, so one pump and spray goes everywhere so I'm pretty sure half of it is being waisted as it ricochets of my body. I would recommend just getting the normally squeeze it on bottle.
on February 12, 2016
I bought this to use with the Australian Gold Exotic Oil Spray last summer (2015). I mainly used it when I went on vacation to Arizona and Mexico, I'm fairly pale I would say and using this in combination with the exotic oil spray I came back with a pretty good tan (considering how pale I was to start). 15 spf is not that high, but I like having at least some kind of spf in there when tanning so that's nice and I also like the instant bronzer. And it also smells amazing too. I've actually been using this specific spray for the past 3-4 summers now, and it's helped me achieve a tan each year - this was the first year that I tried using it in combination with the exotic oil spray and I definitely think there was a difference in my tan this year (not sure if it was because I was in Mexico or the oil used with it). If you're looking for a spray to help with your tan, definitely buy this one!!!
on July 7, 2016
I like this stuff. Smells really good. Skin cancer is no joke. I have it so now I use plenty of sun screen. Growing up in So. Fla. you get plenty of sun. In the 60's and 70's our teenage idea of sun screen was baby oil :) Add owning boats and working on boats through college, along with being a lifetime fisherman, and the skin takes a beating. Cover up folks. Or plan on seeing a Dermatologist 2-4 times a year and hope you have good insurance. The damage begins at an early age even though you may not notice anything. So protect yourselves. Also.....when the spritzer stops spritzing open the bottle. There will be plenty left that you cannot see from the outside.
on December 17, 2013
I have used it for about 3 summers so far and I love it. The smell is wonderful and the consistency is great for keeping you moisturized. The color I get after sunbathing is a beautiful brown and it lasts for quite a bit on your skin. Although, if you sweat profusely or you are in the water for a long time, it is obvious that you need to apply some more. Excellent purchase.
on October 25, 2014
I have an extremly fair skin, you can see my veins, anyway I got this Australian Gold just because I really love this brand and the smell of coconut and pineaple... Make me fell in summer even in the middle of winter ( I use the aftersun after shower everyday)
I got this on sale cost me $9.00 really cheap. This product gives you some color and a very good protection. As well I'm very alergic and is totally safe. You should see my after and before this Australian Gold...
review image review image