Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 6, 2009
The scanner powers up quickly and overall seems a bit faster than the Actron. It's easy to use; as a guy I've yet to open any kind of manual for the Autel, yet was able to read by my check engine and ABS codes that are popping up on my vehicle. In playing with the Actron the other day I pulled up the screen to read all live data at once and scrolling down was very, very slow and the tool would lag when it was asked to display the next page of data. The Autel 703 scrolled through all the live data without any lag. I haven't exported any data to a PC yet so I can't tell you how well that works. On screen descriptions were provided for both PCM codes and ABS codes.

I have an Actron 9185, which is the same as the 9190 without all the OBD 1 connectors for pre-1996 vehicles. The Actron is a great tool, but I needed to read ABS codes and the Autel was about $50 more than the Actron ABS reader only, and the Autel 703 reads ABS, Airbag, and Tranny codes, so for the extra few bucks I figured it's worth a try, and I can always sell the Actron. I paid about $50 more for the Actron 9185 than I paid for the Autel 703.

The tool is new and there don't appear to be any updates on the manufacturers site. I do expect Actron to have more frequent updates based on other online reviews. The Autel 703 DOES NOT come with the connectors to connect to pre-1996 vehicles though the software supports them. I have not seen the cables for sale anywhere.

As a hard core DIY mechanic that likes to troubleshoot and fix almost everything with my vehicles, I would recommend the Autel 703 because of the number of systems it reads, and at a lower price point than other products.
on September 29, 2009
Bought this because of the number of features available for the very reasonable price. Easy to use, provides a lot of info.... BUT, the software supplied was not compatible with windows XP. No software update on their web site, and they did not respond to my inquiries - I tried two times. - so I returned it and Amazon refunded my money. Next time I will spend a couple of extra bucks for a product that the manufacturer supports.
on February 1, 2010
The tool works as advertised EXCEPT for the included software for PC linking. The software does NOT install on a Vista or Win 7 machine. Haven't tried loading it on an XP machine and forget the website for any "updates" for the tool or software as there aren't any (to date). That aside, the tool has already saved me it's purchase price on the very first scan. Comes with a soft carry pouch, 15 pin Parallel x OBD2 adaptor cable and a USB x Printer style cable (for PC linking and tool updating--yeah right!). The tool reads and displays universal OBD2 mfr. codes and can store multiple sets of read codes for recall later, supposedly at your PC. Tool can also read live vehicle data streams including engine, transmission and abs systems. Tool is more for intermediate to advanced do-it-yourselfers. Tool uses batteries as a backup for its memory but powers itself off of the OBD2 connector when plugged in. Online at Autel site you can download the universal obd2 codes (1996 vehicles and up) used by all mfr's. and then look up your codes from this database but you need a separate program to open and read the download (assuming you can't get the cd to install on your pc like I couldn't---in that case download: [...]).

If you want a tool that can read and clear obd2 codes (great if you live in an emissions testing state that uses obd2 data to "test" your vehicle as I do) as well as abs and tranny data (vehicle dependent) than this tool is for you as it's reasonably priced for what it can do--but don't expect any support for it later!
on December 26, 2009
I have a 2004 Saturn Vue with a V6 engine and all wheel drive, I needed to find out why the ABS light would stay on, I did not feel there was a problem with the ABS system but could not be sure without a lot of physical trouble-shooting. I searched a long time for a scanner at a resonable price to check this out. I was told the Autel MaxiDiag US703 would work for me. 30 seconds after I found the correct code, connected the unit to the 2004 Satun, pressed the test button, no problems were found and the ABS light was reset automatically. At that point the US703 paid for itself.
on October 16, 2009
I just called Autel from the phone number on their website to ask about the 2 issues i've read concerning this Autel US703 scanner. I wanted to find out about the complaints regarding it not being compatible with WindowsXP along with the cables for OBD1 availability. The person tells me its not even available yet. He didn't sound very professional or helpful either, more like he was in a rush to get off the phone and move on from taking a phone call about their products. Needless to say i guess i'll be looking for a different brand of scanner given the type of U.S. support they have. How are there reviews if the product isn't out yet?
on March 23, 2010
I bought this unit expecting to not have any issues with the us cars..... that being said IT WILL NOT CONNECT TO ANY FORDS
I went to their website but no updates are available for the us 703 the last updates on their site for any scanner is for the MS509 april 2008... The funny thing is that this product was design for FORDS.... connected the unit to a chrysler van and it trip the DTC while attempting to view live data... I sent an email to their service dept still waiting for a response..I am not happy with this product....
on January 3, 2011
I was looking for a scanner that could read engine, abs, and air bag codes "and reset them" at the best price and this one was certainly the lowest price but did not perform as advertised. I had three Ford Explorers that had various lights on and several times the scanner failed to even connect - it did eventually read an abs code but would not erase it?! -- The scanner displayed something like "function not available"? It repeated the same problem on another vehicle - I tried to contact Autel but got no response for several days - I returned it immediately!
on April 5, 2011
I purchased this item because it was supposed to be the only low priced scanner to actually read transmission codes. The operators manual claims that it will read tranny codes ****** IT DOES NOT *******
Also ... Customer Service does not exist from the manufacturer. Repeated email inquires went unanswered... to this day!
on July 31, 2012
The description for this item is deceptive and inaccurate. The description states the software can by updated via the internet. It also states it supports reading ABS and airbag codes for most vehicles. I tried the product on no less than 10 different vehicles and it only worked on one, a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado. After many attempts at trying to contact Autel for support I finally received a response. The person who replied stated this item has been discontinued by Autel and there are no updates available now or in the future. It would be nice if an accurate description of the product was provided for prospective buyers.
on November 14, 2012
Although I had high hopes, this scanner does not function as advertised. The first time I tried to utilize the SRS functions (on an "03 Dakota), it established communications with the vehicle, but said there were no fault codes, despite the fact that the airbag light was on! A better (and much more expensive) scanner later correctly identified the code for the airbag deactivation switch (for the passenger seat) which was easily replaced and solved the problem. I wanted to comment on this item, because with Supplemental Restraint Systems (SRS) an incorrect diagnosis (as opposed to a lack of communication with the problem vehicle, ie. no diagnosis) could be a safety issue! I am returning this item to Amazon despite the fact that I am slightly past their 30 day window, and hope for a full refund due to this troubling performance.