2,734 Reviews
 (1,843)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job. Don't let the instruction manual fool you.
I thought I had a bad unit with LINK ERROR on two different cars. You will never see the MAXISCAN MS300 display on the LCD, as described in the manual. Here are the real steps to follow:

1. With the ignition off plug it in. I immediately saw CAN OBD2 on the LCD.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. This is the position just before you crank...
Published on May 18, 2009 by Sonny

2.0 out of 5 stars Does the job.. but some problems....
The MaxiScan MS300 does read the codes and is easy to hook up and use. Functionally, it works.

However, there are some serious problems:

- As reported earlier, the CD is entirely useless - the code database does install (although install menu looks like it was written for Win98), however once that database is installed on your PC, when you go to...
Published on June 10, 2009 by K. McLemore

‹ Previous | 197 98 99274 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy To Use, But The Included Mini-CD Is Useless, February 22, 2014
This review is from: Autel MaxiScan MS300 CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool for OBDII Vehicles (Automotive)
This scanner worked flawlessly for me, and I was able to diagnose and erase a recent "minor emission leak" code. After replacing my gas cap, I've been in good shape ever since. This definitely beats having to contend with having the code checked for free at a local parts store, or worse...taking your car to the dealership.

I do have to say though, I'm glad a code book is included, as the CD that is also included is completely useless. Do people actually still use mini-CDs??? I guess if you have a tray loading tower PC you'd be okay, but there's no way that thing is going to work on my iMac super drive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Scanner that works, February 22, 2014
Amazon Customer "bullnlion" (Montour Falls, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Though it does not have all the bells & whistles of a more expensive model, this little scanner will give you the info you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little device., February 21, 2014
gave me the codes and reset the CEL. What i needed it for. Took a bit of figuring out, but it wasn't too hard. Had to remember to not have the engine running when resetting the CEL.

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not work on my 2006 S40, February 21, 2014
I could not read the code. I tried it with the car off, and key in ON, and tried also with car running. It could not read or connect to computer. I will keep this handy for other people who might want to borrow tool. I purchased Actron CP9125 PocketScan Code Reader and that worked on my car. Gave it 3 stars because its did state Works with most OBD-II compliant U.S., European and Asian vehicles, apparently not a 2006 S40.
Otherwise the cord is slightly longer than the Actron.

5.0 out of 5 stars good scanner, February 20, 2014
really buy it because I had some problems with my 02 sensor and sun but only gusque good scanner codes online scanner but this helped me a lot! if you're looking for something simple and easy this is a good option

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, February 19, 2014
$200 and some pushy sales people to tell you what you need - or BAM this $20 gizmo and Google. Nuff said.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Life Saver, February 19, 2014
This has been one of the handiest toll that I have acquired for maintaining my car. I no longer have to remove my battery cables to reset the check engine light. I provides an accurate code for diagnosing the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job., February 19, 2014
Sometimes you have to plug it in, or plug it in then turn on the ignition, or sometimes turn on the ignition and plug it in... You know... Pitch till you win.

Once it starts reading, the error codes are easy to find and clear. Very useful since I have a couple of older vehicles that have their "little problems".

I keep it in the glove box, and use it about once a month to reset a check engine light for an intermittent issue that my mechanic can't track down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine. CD is useless., February 19, 2014
It was easy to use. Just plug it in and follow the simple instructions. The cd was useless. This lowered my rating by 1-star. I suppose it only works for Windows XP. I went to the Toyota website for more details on the specific OBD code indicated. Replaced the gas cap as Toyota recommended then erased the OBD code and check engine light from the vehicle computer and drove the car for 1 tankful of gas (about 350 miles). Passed the smog check with flying colors. Total expenses $50. The genuine Toyota gas cap cost more than the MaxiScan!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and does exactly what it says it does, February 19, 2014
I purchased this ODBII scanner after the Check Engine light in my 2007 Cadillac CTS came on. As soon as I saw the light my heart sank. Without an ODBII scanner, there's no easy or cheap solution for pulling the code. You can take it to a shop, but that requires practically a day off plus $80 or more just for them to pull the code.

You can go to places like Pep Boys or AutoZone where they will pull the code for you for free, but I've never had good luck with that. Those places quite understandably get irritated when you only want them to pull the code and aren't really interested in buying anything from them. Once with my wife's car the guy almost wouldn't give me the error code once it became obvious I wouldn't buy anything.

Instead of all that, I ordered this ODBII scanner. It's dead simple. It plugs directly into the port in your car (double check your make and model and make sure that it has an ODBII port), doesn't require an external power source, and has fairly simple(ish) two-button operation.

And once you look up the error code on the Internet (there's tons of resources out there for each code), you can decide if the issue is worth addressing and, if not, you can thankfully clear the error codes yourself to turn off the Check Engine light.

This scanner is a no-brainer. I keep it in the car with me at all times.

‹ Previous | 197 98 99274 | Next ›