Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Authentic Pigment 1904 Large Canvas Tote
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on March 31, 2013
I am a preschool teacher, which sometimes gives you certain unfortunate Mom-ish tendencies, like the Massive, kitchen-sink-inclusive purse syndrome, where you just carry your life on your back (shoulder) all the time because what if someone needs ____? Anyway, this is that bag for me. I shouldnt have a purse like that, it's absurd actually because this thing is enormous, you could carry an undersized two-year-old in there for a short period, but thats part of what i love SO MUCH. i go to friends houses for the weekend a lot and its great because i just pack my purse and EVERYTHING FITS, including a laptop, 1-4 books, 2-4 changes of clothes including another pair of shoes, a toiletries bag, and, like, a kitten or something.
Another thing I love is that even though as you can see it holds what a refugee needs, when i carry it it doesnt look that huge, like, it looks like I'm a college student, not a beleaguered laundry woman, it's amazing, small(ish) on the outside, huge on the inside.
Also, though Ive had it for a year and carried thousands of pounds around the state in it and washed it countless times, the color is EXACTLY THE SAME and there IS NO TINY HOLE OR SINGLE THREAD OUT OF PLACE, it's amazing.
There are places to put your smaller things like keys or earrings or pens, but it's not annoyingly adorned, it just has the inside top pocket that's like 4"x6" or something with the nice zipper and then the deep, nice front pocket which holds my phone, keys, pack of gum, several pens, even small moleskine if i really wanted. actually just thinking about it is making me think why don't i buy another one? ugh, purse syndrome. Seriously, best 12$ ever.
on March 31, 2015
This bag is nothing like the photo. The handles are NOT the same color as the overall bag. Also the dimensions are wrong. The bag measures 22 1/8 wide, 17 1/8 high, 6 inch deep. It does not stand alone…the material is very lightweight canvas. I would probably have liked the bag despite the bigger than advertised dimensions but the handles mismatched color bothers me because the picture is what sold me and it is NOT what I ended up with.
If you want a fairly well made bag that can hold everything plus the kitchen sink, this bag is for you.
review image review image review image review image review image
on June 24, 2006
I just received my tote bag. It is exactly what I hoped it would be. The pigment color is soft. The bag is very strong, well-sewn and roomy. I like the sturdy handles and the neat snap at the top. I received this item in 6 days from the order date. It's a great bag.
22 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2007
This bag is really nice and sturdy. I got the Poppy bag and the color is gorgeous. I was also pleasantly surprised at how big the bag was. The picture doesn't do it justice. It's a great overnight or beach bag...you can fit tons of things in there. I actually bought it for my 8 bridesmaids and it will be perfect for the things I need to put in it. I'd definitely buy it again!
on February 17, 2013
This is my new school bag for the Spring '13 semester because the one I bought from DSW for Fall '12 had a buckle, and that snapped within A WEEK!! I had one before that from a store deal where you buy a certain amount and they give it to you, and no surprise there, the strap snapped under the pressure of my books.

I am in love, however, with my Authentic Pigment Tote!! So much so, that I have heavily considered buying another just to have a backup in the off-chance I lose this one, as I am known for losing bags and totes (strange I know.)

The straps are double sewn, and have shown no signs of stress from my rather heavy load of notebooks and folders, plus textbooks and pencil cases, calculator, and more. At every moment, I have the folder and notebook for all 5 of my classes, and at least 2 textbooks and/or lab-books as well. My two pen/pencil cases are permanent fixtures, as well as the "clicker" that we use to take quizzes and such on in class. Overall, my bag likely weighs about 35-40lbs depending on the lecture I'm heading towards, or if it's my Physical Geology Lab.

The gray of this bag is a hair lighter than in the picture, and I have attached a leopard scarf to one of the straps as a 'pop' of print/color and interest... and I'm sure I will change it to coral or turquoise when it gets warmer consistently.

I LOVE the outer pocket, and use it for my keys, headphones, phone, and sometimes one or two other things.

The inner pocket is perfect for a small bottle of tylenol or excedrin (I won't pretend Pre-Cal level math doesn't give me a headache at times!) plus my spare change/dollars for the water vending machines spread out around campus.

The bag is incredibly roomy... I love that I can fit so many notebooks, folders, and textbooks in at one time. All of my notebooks are 3-subject, and I never feel like my bag is stressed from the weight or too stuffed to pull out anything.

Love this bag!! Would, and probably will very soon, buy again!

EDIT***

I've had this bag over a year now, and still use it. It's my out-of town bag, overnight bag, and carry-on bag because it's just and easy go-to that can really handle it! Still love it, still holding steady!
on October 2, 2012
If the bag dimensions were correct, five stars. Received two X000CUW2CN (Authentic-1904-Smoke-OS by Featured Apparel, Inc.) bags in four days. Seller RSS. The Amazon.com advertised bag dimensions were, and still are six days after Amazon.com was informed of the discrepancy, "18 1/4" W x 15" H x 10 1/4" D." Bag heights are about right. Pulling the bag tops tight, W+D = 21.5" on one bag, 21.25" on the other; W+D should have been 28.5", so the bag is much smaller than advertised. Outside-pocket has inside dimensions 7.5" D x 7" W. Zippered lighter-weight-fabric inside-pocket, opposite side from outside-pocket, has inside dimensions 4" D x 6" W and zipper fully open is 5"; a hundred pack of 3x5 index cards will rotate into the pocket. Snap hardware, centered under the handles, is mounted on 0.75" webbing 2.25" L after sewed horizontally to bag (loose in the middle at snap h/w); nicely done. Handles are 1.5" webbing, 9" center-to-center, 21" loop above bag, i.e., 10.5" to apex. Quality zipper and snap. Sewing excellent. Color correct.
11 comment|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2007
Excellent. Roomy enough for my shopping, yet "small" enough to carry without endangering others. Strong and well-made too. Wonderful earthy pigment. Definitely a great purchase.
on December 12, 2012
I'm taking one star off because I received a different product, as another review had described.

The tote I received is smaller, measuring at 12"W x 15"H - luckily I can still fit a textbook and laptop in it. The lock type is not as described either. The description says snap closure, while I the product I received is twist.

The color is right though.

Lastly, here's a picture of what I received: [...]
on March 10, 2016
This bag was way bigger than I thought it was going to be. It's well made and has not shrunk even though I have washed it (in cold water) and dried it in the dryer (on warm heat) many times. I use it for grocery shopping and it's perfect.
on September 1, 2014
I purchased this and returned it right away. Its HUGE!!! It is definetly not good for everyday use. Its good to use if you're grocery shopping, going to the beach, picnic, park, or an artist carrying ALOT of supplies. Perhaps even a weekend tote.