Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

• Customer Reviews

on October 11, 2009
I have purchased many sunglasses from the rack inside discount stores, that I got what I paid for. I wanted a nice sunshade for my eyes.

I went on Amazon, Amazon's sites at the bottom of the page, EBay and around the Net and decided on Ray-Ban. Their web site has many types of eye wear to choose from. I wanted a full coverage wrap around that was polarized. I narrowed it down to this type. I had read about sellers advertising Ray-Ban glasses as the authentic type, mostly on EBay. The seller would have pictures of the arms and id number displayed.

I did find out the glasses come in a case, with a cleaning cloth and in a Ray-Ban sealed box. The logo is inscribed on the right lens in white and each arm, states made in Italy along with the RB4068 601/58. During my search I found a wide array of prices. The polarized brand is a little more. I ended up buying from the Amazon Marketplace.

Yes, it is a nice wrap around. I am average sized 5' 5". Mostly sunglasses would fall down my nose or be too tight and I would sweat around the nosepiece. Inside the glasses is a curved out groove on the nose piece. The arms are thick, the hinges are covered. For me, I don't feel they are too heavy, but I have read reviews that said this. The lens itself being wrapped is not large, just the right size.

I do not have that blinding sun glare. I so dreaded that glare as I drive home from work facing the sun. I can look and drive more safely. If you decide on Polarized, make sure on selection, as I saw the P on the Ray-Ban web site and the /58 is the Polarized brand. There is a RB 4068 that is not polarized that does not have the /58.

Polarized Lenses RB4068
Color Code: 601/58

Glossy Black/Polarized Grey
22 comments|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2011
I am very, very picky about sunglasses. To make things harder I have to make sure they are appropriate in uniform (I am a Marine.) I shopped around for awhile, and finally came across the Ray Ban Women's 4068P. They are appropriate for uniform, but also give me the style that I want when I am in normal civilian clothing.

I got them today, and was very impressed with the packaging. They put the sunglasses inside plastic bubble wrapping, inside the box. I was very happy, considering the price I paid. I put them on and I could not BELIEVE the difference it made. (I got them polarized, I am in Afghanistan.) They are big enough to protect my eyes from the blazing sun, but not obnoxiously big. I let my buddies who were all wearing sunglasses try them on to see if they could tell the difference, and every single one of them LOVED them. One even said, it's like seeing everything differently! I would suggest these sunglasses to everybody!

The only problem I have is that they are a little too big size wise and fitting my face, but that is not the manufactorer's fault, its my own. This is my first time ever purchasing Ray-Bans, and quite honestly I didn't know there was a difference. Other than that, I love them!
on April 10, 2015
These were the best glasses, until they broke at the hinge and the company refused to replace them. They said I could buy a new pair at the "discounted price" of $109. They were less than 1 year old.

I will NEVER buy another pair of Ray Bans
review image
99 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2016
Love them!! Their so comfy and block out most of the sun. The wide arms help to block the sun from the side.
review image
on March 15, 2015
I have purchased these glasses twice in the past 8 months. Two times now an arm has broken off with minimal pressure put on the glasses. I am thinking these may be counterfeit products, not actually Ray Ban. I do not recommend.
on October 5, 2015
Okay I will now join the other bad ratings due to a broken hinge. This is my second pair of this exact style and both had the hinges break in the exact same place. Granted the first pair fell from my shirt when I tripped on a stair but this second pair slid off the patio table and the exact same break in the exact same place happened again. I have dropped sunglasses, sat on them, squished them at the bottom of my purse or the floor of my car, and never had a pair break like this with such a minor fall. The break is exactly the same on both and mirrors the break on other reviewers who posted pictures. I guess no more Ray Bans for me. I loved the style and the fit but for the price I can't be replacing sunglasses every six months.
on July 6, 2015
Love the clarity, and the coverage - a little heavy, leaves marks on my nose (big indents). Would still recommend at the price I got them. If you have big cheeks, they may not be comfortable, the bottom of the frame is close to the face

Edited : 9/2/15 Must have a design flaw
Puchased / received these beginning of July and th arm broke off yesterday much like others who have reviewed here. I was simply folding the glasses and putting them in their case and "crack". From what I read there is no sense in returning them as others have said it is not covered for repair under warranty. Extremely disappointed, got 2 months of wear for that price. My first and last pair of Ray Bans.
on June 3, 2014
This is my 3rd replacement pair of these sunglasses, as I wore that last two out! Perfectly shaped for my face, polarized so no glare, and protects the eye area completely from the sun as they really wrap around the contours. Delivery was quick, as usual, with Prime.
on December 1, 2014
I was so disappointed with these glasses. I ordered them and both of the sides broke on them within a short period of time. I was traveling and had no way to return them and when I returned from my travels, my time to return them had expired. I would not order them again.
on May 29, 2009
I bought these a little over a week ago and am very happy with them. I have a small frame and a small round face and was concerned that they would look ridiculous and buggy, but they are definitely not. They also don't stick out away from my temples like some glasses do on my face. They look very fashionable without being too big. I was so happy to find my "happy medium" glasses. My only complaint is that they are heavy, but that can be expected with larger frames. Vision through them is great; no complaints there!