Author Wendy Lesser Biased Against Mentally Sick

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 17, 2011 11:23:13 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 24, 2012 8:24:12 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2011 8:00:35 AM PST
ifutureman says:
It'll take a bit more than your three sentences (without any documentation) to prove whatever point you're trying to make. I'd need to see both your friend's letter and Lesser's response before making such a bold criticism. It's certainly not going to dissuade me from buying this book; I've been a huge fan of Shosatkovich's quartets for many years.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2011 10:07:39 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 24, 2012 8:24:13 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2011 10:24:09 AM PST
Wendy Lesser says:
Chris Roberts, who is himself the "friend" he alludes to, is distorting my words and my intent, though I did indeed tell him that we could not accept his emailed submission -- we do not accept emailed submissions from anybody, not even from U.S. prisoners, who have more restrictive mail service than anyone in America. If you want to know what I think of locked-up prisoners, by the way: The Threepenny Review is given free to any prisoner in the U.S. who requests a subscription. I fail to see what any of this has to do with my book about Shostakovich.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2011 12:34:42 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 24, 2012 8:24:13 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jan 17, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 3, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Music for Silenced Voices: Shostakovich and His Fifteen Quartets
Music for Silenced Voices: Shostakovich and His Fifteen Quartets by Wendy Lesser (Hardcover - March 20, 2012)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (12)