Author ready, willing, and able to answer your questions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 14, 2006 11:20:23 AM PST
Dan Brown says:
Hello! I'm the author of this book! If you have questions about it, please post them here, and I'd be happy to answer them.

-- Dan

PS: Visit www.communicatingdesign.com for more information about the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2006 5:01:45 AM PDT
K. Nikoltsou says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2007 1:03:33 PM PST
A. Shibli says:
Hi Dan,
I've read through the description that you posted, but wanted to make sure this is the book I'm looking for. Im not a programmer myself, nor is my day job designing web sites, but I'm working on a site idea right now. My goal is to put the idea into writing (which is why the title of your book caught my eye) to then communicate it to developers and get estimates, etc. I'm looking for something that will help me structure my ideas and create comprehensive documentation.. that said, should I buy your book?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2007 8:52:41 AM PST
Larry Fickes says:
Hi Dan,

A group of us at work have begun to read your book as a group. However, on page X (Roman numeral 10), you mention "Templates and other tools for creating deliverables" on your website. We were not able to find these there. Could you point us in the right direction?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2007 5:53:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2007 5:57:13 AM PST
Dan Brown says:
A. Shibli,
Communicating Design seems like an ideal fit to your situation. It describes each kind of deliverable, and gives a quick at-a-glance description so you can decide what document is appropriate for your needs. It then describes the content of each document, from most important to least important, so you can focus only on the content that is most relevant to your situation. In short, Communicating Design is perfect for your need!

Good luck!
-- Dan

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2007 5:55:52 AM PST
Dan Brown says:
Larry,
CommunicatingDesign.com has not yet been updated to include these resources. Look for it in the next couple of months. In the mean time, let me know what you're interested in, and I may be able to provide the resources to you directly.

Thanks for reading the book... as a group!

Best,
-- Dan

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2007 9:59:41 AM PDT
PV says:
Hi Dan,
I just purchased your book and am interested in the tools and templates mentioned on page X. It looks like the companion site for the book has still not been updated to include these resources. Can you please let your readers know when these would be available?
Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2007 11:00:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 24, 2007 11:07:32 AM PST
It's been a year and there are still no tools and templates posted on the CommunicatingDesign.com as promised. One of the reasons I purchased this book was because of the additional valuable resources said to be included. I emailed PeachPit regarding the issue last month and was promised that they would look into it. I have not heard a word from them. False advertising.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2008 2:57:52 AM PST
k_96 says:
Hi Dan, any update on the posting of tools and templates? I must admit, I was a little disappointed that these haven't been posted as I thought some of the examples in the book were a little on the "lean" side.

Posted on Mar 10, 2009 12:36:47 PM PDT
S. Smith says:
I really wish I had seen all these posts BEFORE I bought the book. The author's website hasn't been updated as promised to provide templates and other documentation. It's disappointing that an author who bases his theses on deliverables, wasn't able to deliver.

Posted on Sep 21, 2009 7:44:48 PM PDT
TAG says:
Shame on the author! I was going to buy this book, good thing I checked out the comments. Needless to say I'm not even going to buy it used.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 9:29:35 PM PDT
k_96 says:
Just checked your site again Dan and still no sign of the resources. It's been nearly 2 years since you promised to post them. Surely this shouldn't have been that hard as they're merely meant to be templates that you've used for your work (as referenced in the book)?

Posted on Sep 22, 2009 3:26:25 AM PDT
Dan Brown says:
My company, EightShapes, has released an extensive collection of deliverable templates for Adobe InDesign. Many of the examples from the book appear in that collection. You can download it here: http://unify.eightshapes.com
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Mar 14, 2006
Latest post:  Sep 22, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about