Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 13, 2009 4:52:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2010 7:26:50 AM PST
the author says:
As the author of this book, I'm here to answer direct questions.

I've asked Amazon to remove book review #6 by Mr. Higgins, but Amazon provides no means to discuss reasons for such a request. All Amazon looks for to remove a review is offensive language. But there are other more offensive activities that people engage in online.

I believe that Amazon's open review format can become a disservice to both readers and authors. As a writer, I know that a book review is supposed to be opinions concerning content, and those opinions should also be backed up with examples where the reviewer differs from the author.

In the case of Mr. Higgins, his review never discusses the contents of my book and he offers nothing in the way of his personal experience that would prove he has any idea what he is talking about. For whatever reason, his is an attempt to impugn my integrity and reputation.

I remain fully active in the wine business, studying it and writing about it--you can see my full resume at: http://www.thomaspellechia.com

Garlic, Wine and Olive Oil: Historical Anecdotes and Recipes
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Jun 13, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 13, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Starting and Running a Winery
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Starting and Running a Winery by Thomas Pellechia (Paperback - November 4, 2008)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (22)