Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Auto Antenna for XM Satellite Radio Receivers (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 14, 2011
The photo of this antennae is misleading. The cord is actually about twenty feet long. I use mine as a back-up to my portable radio (XM Snap) so I can leave my main vehicle antennae installed and just use this when I am on the road or in another vehicle. I actually put this one in a rental vehicle and didn't install it on the room, but instead, put it on the dashboard and it works fine!!!!

Good deal great price.
on January 1, 2008
This antenna works great and allows you to buy just the antenna rather than the whole kit XM sells. We "lost" 2 others based on faulty wiring and the car wash.
on February 27, 2009
Product was exactly the same as the original that came with my XM2go. Great price, arrived quickly.
on December 11, 2009
The antenna finally died on my 5 year old Sirius radio ... replacement "sirius" antennas are more expensive than those for XM, especially this Belkin and, frankly, have they received poor reviews for durability.

I particularly like the right angle connector for the back of the radio, since I think my old antenna died from continued flexing of the cable at that point. The new cable is fairly flexible, but mine was hard to unravel without a tangle and seemed eager to develop kinks -- take your time and avoid sharp bends and kinks, they might reduce performance.

I think my old antenna gave me 3 bars (of 3) most of the time. With this antenna, I get a solid 3 bars with a clear sky, and fluctuation between 2 and 3 on tree lined residential streets. The signal only drops out with a long under pass. Performance, in other words, is quite adequate despite this antenna's tiny size.

I took a chance since it had worked with Sirius radios for other reviewers. But, it makes sense that the same antenna would work for both systems -- the frequencies are almost the same, at 2320-2332.5 Mhz for Sirius and 2332.5-2345 for XM. No surprise the manufacturers all use the same connectors, etc., etc., -- it's cheaper that way.
on February 5, 2016
My receiver was telling me my antenna was no longer connected. I bought the Sirius XM 5V PowerConnect Vehicle Power Adapter and the antenna at the same time because the power cord actually broke a few days after the warning was received on the receiver.

Since my original antenna had been through a good few years of use (and neglect) and weather, doors shutting on the cable, etc., I replaced the antenna as well. (For the record, I save the replaced one, being that it wasn't totally a write off as a back up.) The antenna does exactly what I need it to do. Honestly, and maybe it's just coincidence, but I think the receiver is actually catching the satellite faster than it had before.

I'm pleased with this and glad I got it before it was 86d from everybody's inventory. (I'm also glad to have saved the other just in case something else goes wrong.)
on May 12, 2015
I use this with an XM Home Cradle (for the Pioneer Inno), rather than one specifically intended for a vehicle (another one is in use with an XM vehicle cradle). This allows quick and inexpensive temporary installations in various vehicles. It works fine just thrown up onto the dash - it doesn't need to be out on the roof, at least in the areas of the continental USA where I travel. The Inno shows typically 3 bars on receive this way, sometimes 4, and I only get brief dropouts in very narrow canyons or other obscured areas. Sometimes a brief dropout when passing large semi-trucks going in certain directions. Works fine on the dash the vast majority of the time, and when it doesn't, those episodes are brief.

Of course, the long cable allows a more permanent installation,with the cable routed outside, and the strong magnet mounting the small antenna to the vehicle's roof.

I've not tried it in the house, but I'm guessing it would need a very good location, as do most XM antennas indoors. The trick there is to use an XM repeater to get the signal from a good reception location to low or no signal locations where you want to set up the receiver itself. You might get lucky with the long cord, reaching a good reception spot from the receiver location, but I wouldn't count on it.
on September 28, 2009
Nice replacement for my Roady XT! 20' cord so i can put the antenna in the rear of the vehicle. Nice Antenna ! Plus a one year warranty! Amazon 9 outta 10 is cheaper for most items!!! Thanks Amazon!
on August 16, 2011
I recently purchased a "Snap" XM radio; the included antenna was not sufficietnly long to work in my SUV when installed on the rear roofline. Purchased this unit becasue of its lenght (21 feet) and was just right. Plug and play. Appears to be original XM equipment.

Would have been nice in the product description to explicitly note with which XM radios it was compatable...for example, the Snap, just to sure it would work.

I understand XM and Sirius antennas (or radio interfaces?) were once different but are now compatable, but cannot really comment on wherether this unit would work with Sirius radios.
on May 11, 2016
I purchased this replacement when my original antenna started to short out creating static in the reception. In my opinion, this is better than the original simply because it's much longer. I can run this one through the door panels and along the dash and trunk whike keeping a nice clean look. If I had know about this from the beginning, I would have used it instead if the factory one that came with the XM radio. Sound quality is very clear as well.
on February 2, 2016
Great replacement for the original antenna. I unfortunately ripped the wire for mine and was able to splice it a few times. Recently no matter what I did I could not splice it. I tried many times because I didnt want to buy a new antenna. Well finally I broke down and bought this. The wire is long enough for all applications. The price was good and it functions just as well as the original.