‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, October 27, 2011
This review is from: AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 Bible (Paperback)
One goal of mine this year was to become professionally certified in AutoCAD. I registered for the tests and purchased the AutoCAD 2012 Bible as my study guide. I am happy to say that I have passed both AutoCAD 2011 and 2012 associate and professional exams, in fact I did very well.

The AutoCAD Bible is a great book and resource on all things AutoCAD. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to master their skills in AutoCAD. If you are a beginner or an expert, there is something in there for everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rosetta Stone For Understanding AutoCAD, March 12, 2012
grim norseman (Minnesota Norse, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 Bible (Paperback)
I'm a CAD student at a tech college. I bought this book hoping it would help decipher the textbook we're currently using for an intro-AutoCAD class I'm taking there. Even though I have many college credits and have read many college textbooks with great success, the textbook I have for my AutoCAD course is written in a form of English that seems like English with an accent, or an English that must be a translation from another language. I read and reread the dang thing for little gain. Then I saw this book on my Amazon "recommendations" list and decided to buy it, try it, and live without $31.00 of something else (student budget you know). I felt more joy than I should have when I read the same topics in "the bible" that seemed almost unintelligable in my course textbook. The "AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 Bible" version is pithy, to the point, clear, useful, helpful, organized, builds upon the last subject, is cross-referenced, and so on and on. The DVD that comes with it is also quite useful. I went from constant textbook head scratching to actually beginning to love the AutoCAD program MORE than the Solidworks that I'm also studying now (I thought Solidworks would be my sweetheart forever because of how easy she is to understand, and because of my past love-hate relationship with AutoCAD. Now the "bible" makes me feel like I'm cheating behind Solidwork's back!!!). There are many topics in the 1200+ pages of "the bible" I don't need for my current classes, but I now feel inspired to continue studying AutoCad more then I did "pre-bible". This book has proven to me I can still clearly read and understand a somewhat difficult subject when an author is capable of writing in a clear and understandable way. If I can, so can you with the help of this essential "Rosetta Stone" of most everything that is great about AutoCad 2012,,,,,,,,, };>{>

5.0 out of 5 stars AutoCAD 2012, September 1, 2011
Eddie (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 Bible (Paperback)
Most people that use AutoCAD need some form of formal training. Some people can get by with reading the manual. I for one was able to follow your AutoCAD 2012 Bible as if I was in a classroom. I was able to take your beginner instructions and my first project was completed within a hour.

When I first received your book, I was a little bit overwhelmed by the shear volume of information. I immediately thought it was going to be a tome for engineers that would find it's way to my bookshelf never to be seen again., but after I opened the book and started on lesson 1, I was in the running and now am very thankful for layout and ease of use.

Your included DVD resource is awesome. I found the sample drawings to be very helpful and very entertaining to play with and manipulate as I hone my skills.

Thanks so much!

Happy AutoCAD 2012 Bible user.

5.0 out of 5 stars AutoCAD 2012 Bible, July 17, 2011
Ary C. Previato (Brazil, São Paulo) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 Bible (Paperback)
Excellent book! It answers all basic questions from beginners to advanced ; covers all range for what a solid knowledge needs in 1251 pages! Has good cost / benefit ratio.
It's really a Bible...has the anwers you do need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, in all terms!, October 26, 2012
This review is from: AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 Bible (Paperback)
During my 20 years working as Mechanical Engineer, I can't remember any occasion when I got so satisfied in buying a book, as I am now with this book of Mrs Finkelstein.

Such a superb book! Now I'm going listing the reasons why I'm sure this book have no pair in this area:

First-The sequence of topics is the exact sequence needed to learn the subject.

Second-At the immediate moment right when you think to ask something, the book answers it just in time, just because the answer appears in the right moment when you feel it's necessity.

Third-You will find no useless chapter, nor any useless topic here, this book has the perfect amount of information needed in order of covering software complex resources.

So, what else to say?

Wow! What a book Miss Finkelstein wrote here. If you ever thought about a perfect book, that's it!

As a Mechanical Engineer I am. I have to say, Mrs Filkenstein, thank you very much indeed!

Perfect, in all terms!

5.0 out of 5 stars item as described, November 22, 2011
This review is from: AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 Bible (Paperback)
this book is very good for all autocad users, explanations very nice and easy to understand.
I recommend for everybody who wants to learn more about autocad.

4.0 out of 5 stars AWesome !!, November 25, 2012
This review is from: AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 Bible (Paperback)
Did not know a thing about CAD but now I'm able to navigate and understand when someone speaks to me about it. Not an expert yet but that takes time and hands on, this book helped me greatly. If you need to learn CAD for any reason I would recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book!, April 1, 2014
This review is from: AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 Bible (Paperback)
Wow, a really fantastic learning tool for AutoCAD 2012. I was quite intimidated in attempting to learn this software on my own, but this book is amazing. It starts where it should....at the beginning! I am only planning 2D work, so I will probably only use about half the book, but that is OK with me. Each section and chapter take a specific feature or topic and breaks them down to the keystroke level making this like an AutoCAD class as long as you are disciplined enough to follow it.
This would be a good classroom textbook to teach from if you are into that sort of thing as well.
I usually do not comment on my purchases, but I made an exception here because I feel so strongly toward this book.
If you need to learn AutoCAD, buy this book....period.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you need a paperweight..., April 25, 2013
This review is from: AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 Bible (Paperback)
This thing is actually, truly awesome! It has all sorts of nuggets of knowledge for true AutoCAD users. The catch is, you have to actually read it.

I got this for one of our detailers. He was adamant about needing it. So I ordered it, gave it to him and it sits on his desk...collecting dust. It's not surprising, though, considering...

If you'll actually use it, and you're remotely literate, this is a great asset.

5.0 out of 5 stars great cad, August 7, 2012
This review is from: AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 Bible (Paperback)
great book very helpful great seller. now i can do my ivention drawing as i am new to the latestt cad and am rusty on old cad

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 Bible
AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 Bible by Ellen Finkelstein (Paperback - July 12, 2011)
$49.99 $31.22