Explore concepts and produce stunning artwork with Autodesk SketchBook Designer software. Within its intuitive creative environment, professional designers and artists from all industries can utilize the hybrid paint and vector workflow for design illustration and graphic communication. Optimized for pen and mouse interaction, the dynamic user interface supports and enhances your freedom of expression. A version built specifically for AutoCAD users, Autodesk SketchBook Designer for AutoCAD adds fully integrated illustration, painting, and manipulation capabilities directly into AutoCAD.
Hybrid paint & vector environment for flexibility and precision. View larger.
Autodesk SketchBook Designer 2012 illustration software allows you to explore concepts and produce stunning artwork. With a unique hybrid paint and vector workflow, SketchBook Designer 2012 provides the functionality creative professionals need to quickly transform ideas into compelling design iterations and visual communications.
- Unique Hybrid Raster/Vector Environment
- Optimized for both pen-based (freehand) and mouse interactions
- Highly discoverable interface; easy to use without compromising quality or functionality
The Hybrid Paint - Vector Environment
- Powerful vector workflows that can easily produce complex and intricate designs while remaining flexible for change
- Simultaneously manipulate paint and vector layer contents
- Library of brushes that can be used on both paint and vector layers
- Text tool for annotation
- Import and export curve data (DWG)
- Save common image formats including JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP and layered PSD
Advanced tools for concept exploration
- Full control of multiple layers, including layer blending and folders
- Dynamic symmetry allows interactive exploration of radial or mirror patterns
- Interactive fills and gradients give you full control of exploring color schemes and shape definition
- Use SketchBook Designer "Pages" to branch ideas by duplicating works-in-progress
- Dynamically transform and reassemble image assets and layers to freely explore ideas
- Change line thickness, brush styles, shape and color of vector curves at any time
- Use shape recognition and interactive smoothing while creating or editing any curve
Note: This version does not include the AutoCAD Add-in (Autodesk SketchBook Designer for AutoCAD)
Produce detailed concepts that are easily to modify. View larger.
- Hybrid paint and vector environment allows for flexibility and precision
- Simultaneously modify paint and vector layers; produce detailed artwork with ease
- Freely explore line-work; optimized for both pen-based (freehand) and mouse interactions
- Streamlined and intuitive UI; does not include AutoCAD Add-in
What's New in 2012
- Preset Shape workflows for quicker creation for rectangles, circles, lines and polylines
- Text tool for annotation and communication
- Masking layers for advanced illustration techniques
- Vector snapping and topology for transforming multiple curves
- Fill any region with a custom image file