Most helpful positive review
15 of 15 people found the following review helpful
Impressive improvements worthy of the price
on October 25, 2010
I won't go into much details about the already existing solid features of Sketchbook Pro; rather the new features of the 2011 version:
- Better layer management: Transparency slider exists right on the layer slot in the Layers palette. No more separate transparency dialog box. (New) Basic layer blend modes are also a big plus.
- Toolbar also makes feature access much better.
- (Editable) Text layer (great new addition)
- Shape tools: circle, square, polyline.
- Basic image adjustment - saturation, contrast, etc.
- new custom brush settings like spacing jitter (I do wish they made the custom brush settings dialog scrollable, instead of having to close segments if the lower segments extend below the screen).
All in all, solid improvements (so far stable with no crashes or hiccups). SBP is vital, I think, for any digital artist. At $79 for full version, quite a deal; at $39 upgrade for 2010 owners, I think it is very worth the price.