- Sorry, this item is not available in
- Image not available
- To view this video download Flash Player
|Price:||$6.92 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$0.07 (1%)|
| The Autolite XP Xtreme Performance spark plug product line consists of some of the most technologically advanced spark plugs ever. Featuring an iridium-enhanced .6 mm finewire center electrode design, coupled with proprietary platinum sidewire electrode technology, these spark plugs provide better durability and a more focused ignition for better overall ignitability, with the result being increased performance and horsepower, as well as better fuel economy over the lifetime of the spark plug. |
Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) are upgrading to finewire spark plugs, so why aren’t you? Finewire spark plugs feature dramatically improved performance over standard plugs by way of their slimmer center electrodes forged of exotic metals. The smaller the center electrode, the less voltage is required to produce a spark capable of jumping the gap to the opposing side electrode. This means fewer misfires of the electrode, which ideally equates to fewer opportunities for abnormal and incomplete combustion events (preignition) in the cylinder. Limiting these types of events ensures more complete burning of fuel resulting in higher mileage, more horsepower and less potential for carbon buildup within the cylinder. Spark plugs in the Autolite XP Xtreme Performance product line feature a .6mm finewire center electrode made of iridium, coupled with a patented platinum sidewire electrode at the far end of the plug. Many times stronger and harder than platinum, iridium has an extremely high melting point which makes it both an excellent conductor, choice for use in finewire electrode construction, and contributes to XP series' extreme durability. Together these two electrodes produce advantages rarely seen in a plug this affordable, including: virtually no gap erosion, longer life and top fuel efficiency over the life of the plug. Additional features of note include: multi-rib ceramic insulator to help prevent misfires and provide better insulation, a significantly larger flame kernel when compared to a standard plug and a five-year limited warranty. Standard Features:
Designed with an eye towards the needs of all drivers, spark plugs within the Autolite XP Xtreme Performance product line are compatible with a wide varieties of vehicles, both imports and domestic. Explore the full range of plugs available below:
Limited Five-year Warranty
Honeywell Consumer Products Group, a division of Honeywell International Inc., warrants its Autolite XP Xtreme Performance Spark Plugs against defects in materials and/or workmanship for five years from the comfirmable date of purchase when products are installed and maintained in accordance with the service intervals recommended by the original equipment manufacturer. About Autolite
Headquartered in Danbury, Conn., Autolite is a unit of Honeywell Consumer Products Group, which manufactures and markets Autolite Spark Plugs and Ignition Wire Sets; FRAM Oil, Air, Transmission and Fuel Filters; Prestone Antifreeze/Coolant and Car Care products; and Holts Car are products. Since its inception in 1911, the Autolite brand has provided the automotive aftermarket and Original Equipment manufacturers the highest quality ignition products. As a leading supplier of spark plugs, ignition wire sets and Coil-on-Plug boots, the Autolite brand has the right ignition products for you, regardless of your vehicle make or model.
Guaranteed to deliver quick starts, good fuel economy and smooth acceleration. Autolite Copper Core plugs are your industry standard.
Provides a center wire platinum firing tip. Benefits include: reduced gap erosion, fewer misfires, better performance and more durability. Guaranteed for four years.
Features platinum-to-platinum firing. Virtually eliminates gap erosion, reduces misfires, and provides improved durability. It's the superior-performing spark plug providing preferred technology for DIS engines. Guaranteed for five years.
These spark plugs are one of the brand's most technologically advanced spark plugs ever. With an iridium-enhanced 0.6 mm finewire design and proprietary platinum sidewire technology, these spark plugs provide better durability and a more focused ignition for better overall ignitability and optimum performance. Guaranteed for seven years.
Autolite highly recommends that you consult with your vehicle’s owner’s manual for any specific instructions for changing the spark plugs. Engines can vary widely by make and model. These instructions should be considered for general guidance only.
Replacing spark plugs can be a simple job, if you take things one step at a time. Given a basic understanding of mechanical matters, here's a guide to the proper procedures in changing spark plugs.
1. Carefully remove the spark plug wires. Grasp the plug wire boot, twist about one-quarter turn to break the seal, then lift straight off. Use plug boot pullers if the boot doesn't break free easily. Number plug wires with tape as you remove them to avoid crossing them. (illus. 1)
2. Loosen each spark plug so it can be removed. Clean the seat area with a blast of compressed air, or by blowing through a soda straw. This prevents dirt from falling into the combustion chamber when the old plugs are removed. (illus. 2)
3. Remove the plugs and line them up in cylinder order. Inspection of the firing ends of the plugs can identify a number of engine problems that may need correction. (illus. 3)
4. Gap new plugs as recommended in your owner's manual or a Spark Plug Catalog. Use a feeler gauge to measure the gap between the center and ground electrode. The gauge should pass through snugly but easily. If it's too loose or too tight, reset the gap.
5. Screw new plugs in by hand until tight. If the plug starts to go in hard, use a thread chaser to clean the threads. Use a torque wrench to tighten the spark plugs following the manufacturer's recommendations, or refer to a torque chart in the Spark Plug Catalog. If you don't have a torque wrench, see the bottom of the torque chart for hand tightening recommendations.
6. Replace spark plug wires in the correct order. Check to see if the boots are brittle or cracked, and if there is corrosion on the connector inside the boot. If any of these conditions are present, the spark plug wire should be replaced.
7. Start the engine. If it misfires or idles roughly, the wires are crossed or not connected to the plugs correctly. Check the firing order and connections closely.
Top quality spark plugs for a price that suited me ideally. Gas mileage has noticeably improved.Published 12 days ago by Josh
I used these plugs for VW Rabbit 09. They fit perfectly.
It increased the fuel efficiency at least 15% comparing to original plugs. Read more
Carefully examine your order, received one plug that looked like someone tried to gap it with a feeler gauge the contacts were worn. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Drago
Being installed today. Hopefully there will be no problems with the installation or fit.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
The spark plugs were as described. I ordered just before a $2.50 per plug rebate program started so I was a few dollars behind purchasing locally.Published 4 months ago by James W. Ingemanson
I'm sure these are decent spark plugs, but just be aware that they are NOT pre-gapped.Published 6 months ago by JBX74205