Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on January 26, 2011
I bought 4 of these scanners for data entry purposes. I've used them for about a week now, scanning approximately 2000 items daily for each scanner. So far i've had only a few instances where the scanner wouldn't read the barcode the first or the second time (automatic scanning), but pulling the trigger over the barcode a few times did the trick.

The scanner comes with a handsfree stand (as described) that needs minor assembly. It has a little piece of metal that screws to the bottom of the stand, making it bottom-heavy, so it's pretty sturdy when mounted on the stand. I took the scanner right out the box and plugged it into my laptop and started scanning right away, so it really is plug and play.

For the price, I am very satisfied and would definitely purchase more if the need arises.
1111 comments|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2012
After reading the reviews on this scanner, I purchased one. Really couldn't go wrong with the price, but didn't want a lot of hassle either.

Building an Access 2010 database for inventory control, orders and invoicing for our forthcoming online store. Because we have an inventory of over 1,500 items to be entered into our database I wanted to scan UPC codes into the (database) DB. In addition the scanner would be used for scanning UPC codes into an online service which will allow for product look up to get addition descriptive info and comparable market pricing.

Received the product promptly, in Amazons usual excellent packaging box. By the way, we are so impressed with the service we get from Amazon that it's become our number place to go to find products.

Setup was very easy and was able to figure it out without looking at the instructions. Oops, I got the bottom plate screwed into place, but had to look at the instructions to see that I had to remove the plate and install the vertical stand first and then screw the plate down into place. My error, hey who looks at instructions anyhow!

From reading the reviews I kinda dreaded attaching the scanner to the computer because of the encrypted instruction for scanner set up that was mentioned in some reviews. However, had my data entry form built in Access 2010 and the time came. By the way, if your planning on using this scanner with Access, make sure its a non numerical field or set the property for that field to text not a number field. Not much is said about this subject, so including it for others that may be looking. For Excel, click in the cell your going to scan into then Right click. Select Format Cells, Click the Number Tab at the top, then select Number in under the Category. To the right of that select 0 Decimal places. In Microsoft Word just place your cursor where you want the scan to be placed and use your scanner as you normally would. The scanner will place the number where ever you want.

Plugged the scanner into a USB port and gave Windows 7 plug and play time to install the correct driver automatically from their own database as there is no CD software provided with this product. Two beeps from the scanner were heard and pop up said, that the driver had been installed successfully. Placed my cursor in a Access text box that I had labeled UPC Code. Pointed the scanner at a UPC code on an inventory item to be scanned and heard a beep. Presto, the scanner had successfully scanned the UPC code into my entry from correctly. Checked the Access table and yes, the UPC code was in the storage table where it was supposed to be. Double checked the UPC code from the box to what was entered and it was correct. Yeah! I didn't scan any ISBN (book bar code) yet, so additional set up may be needed, but unsure.

I went to my online UPC look up service and placed my cursor in the entry box and scanned in the UPC code. Within a nano second I had a screen full of product pictures, info and comparable produce pricing. Wow! I am impressed! This will make product look up so much easier if my inventory has a UPC code on it.

The only con I can see is the distance between the trigger and the mounting cradle to allow me to pull the trigger is very small. Am saying this as I didn't want to pull the scanner out of it's cradle each time to scan an item. I have smaller fingers and would imagine larger fingers would be a problem. However, I also noticed that when the scanner sits in the cradle that the scanner is always on, so all I have to do is slide an item with a UPC code under the scanner and it scans automatically without pulling the trigger.

Unit is very nice looking, sturdy and seems to be heavy enough. You can't go wrong for the price!

Update: We purchased a second unit because the first one worked so well. Brand name was different on the new unit, but had the same results installing, operating, both computers using Win 7. We have so much inventory to enter that I now have my PC entering one product line, and the laptop entering another product line. Unit reads ISBN numbers very well too. When I power the computer up for the day, I hear two beeps from the scanner which is normal. Very nice unit!
1818 comments|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2012
I bought this in March 2012 for use with a low volume check-in system at my church. Assembled stand, plugged it up, hardware found, drivers loaded, grabbed a bar code and it read it automatically. I can't compare it's ability to read bar codes to others, but it is fine for loyalty card scans. We plan to use several of these so I ordered another in April. The second one was completely different- different stand, different body and did not automatically scan. Grabbed the manual supplied to activate the auto mode and found a page covered over with white stickers. No other references in the manual to auto scan. Tried to get into programming mode with key sequence given- no luck, tried to get into programming mode with bar code to scan in manual- no luck.
I then reviewed order information and determine that different companies fulfilled each order even though it was the same Amazon item. The second one from Lemoncell Trading Company does not match the picture or functionality and is being returned. The first one I ordered from Lofteck worked fine so I just ordered another one being careful to get it from them. Pay attention to where your item comes from if you need auto-scanning capability in the stand (no trigger squeeze).
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2011
I bought this scanner for my wife's use in her book selling business. It works most excellently for that. The manual is very cryptic but was not needed because the scanner worked from the moment it was plugged in without any setup required. The always-on feature is outstanding. Scanning is perfect from as much as six inches away. I plan to order another for myself.
on April 27, 2011
--Setup--
It just works, plugged it into a Mac mini, closed the "Identify Keyboard" window and immediately began scanning barcodes.

--Accessories--
The hands-free stand works well. I needed a stationary, hands-free scanner, which is why I bought this one. Long cable, longer than what I need, but I'm sure others are happy for this (if you're gonna be limited by a cable, who really cares how long it is anyway?)

--Usability--
I got this for scanning tracking documents at my work. In my situation, the barcodes are all similar -- six numeric characters encoded in a "Code128" barcode. The barcode is printed about 1 inch (25mm) wide on our tracking sheets. This scanner does a decent job with these barcodes, however I'm a little disappointed because it's usually difficult to get a good angle for the scanner to read the code. Unfortunately we don't use the hands-free stand as we had planned because the user almost always has to twist the scanner around at different angles while moving it closer and further away from the reading surface until it finally reads our code. Just as a note, we have a different laser barcode scanner that reads these exact same codes instantly from any angle (wish I could find another one of those).

If anyone has different experience with *instant* code reading please share. I'm not talking about "pretty quick" either; I mean as *soon* as the laser crosses every bar on that code, it should *instantly* beep (record) the code... that's just not the case with this thing.
33 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The scanner works well. I've had no problems with it. I plugged it in and it worked right out of the box, with no need for setup.

This is a good thing, because the "instructions" are terrible. When you open the box, it's full of parts. A closer examination will show that the scanner itself is already all one piece; however the stand comes in parts and there are NO instructions for assembling it. There are also no instructions for using the scanner, so if for some reason you CAN'T just plug it in and have it work, tough luck.

I only knew what to expect it to do (or not do) based on reviews and Q&A here and on other scanners: it acts as a "keyboard" - like a number pad, so it doesn't "do" anything by itself. You have to be in an appropriate form field, and scan your bar code. At that point it will "translate" the bar code and enter the numbers. It will also add a carriage entry by default (to run the search, go to the next field, or whatever it is a carriage entry does in your program - like hitting "enter"). If you need it to do something different, I understand this can be changed but I have no idea how, because...there are no instructions.

There is a little booklet of bar codes. These are for settings, like which type of bar code you're scanning in and that sort of thing. You set the scanner up (if it's not working the way you need it to out of the box) by scanning these codes, so it's probably pretty important not to lose this fairly small piece of paper.

I've been using the scanner to enter books in LibraryThing, and it works great.
review image
on January 25, 2015
First, the stand the base that came with it is not the same as the one in the picture. At all. Also the part that is supposed to attach into the base has nothing that would make it attach into the base. It came with a strange spiral tube with a metal thing in it that falls out. Also, there are no instructions at all. Just a specification page. Sending it right back.
review image
on June 27, 2011
I bought this item because at description says USB AUTOMATIC BARCODE SCANNER, but it doesn't scan without pressing the trigger. Also picture at information is so different from the real item ( see my own images ).

I tried to enter to setup mode, I read instructions perfectly, it says press LEFT CONTROL + F2 + RIGHT SHIFT + BACKSPACE, but nothing happens. I also tried the Enter setup mode barcode, but the scanner goes dead, and it requires unplug and plug again to revive it.

I want to find any information to resolve my problem, but the scanner have not any label or something with model or serial number.
review image review image
44 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2012
If you just need a simple bar code reader without programming it, this should be fine. However, if you need to change the programming in any way, DON'T buy this one. The instructions don't work. The programming setup doesn't work, and there is no one who is going to help you. There isn't even a mfg. name on this thing.
Read the other reviews and you'll see the same thing. Programming doesn't work.
44 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2012
I purchased this scanner thinking it would help me in cataloging my home library - but no. Not plug and play. Scanner beeps optimistically when a barcode is scanned, but no data transferred to the computer. Tried everything possible that I could decipher from the cryptic manual and in online scanner-help forums. I am pretty competent with debugging computer stuff and this has me mystified. No manufacturer listed, no support info in manual - not helpful. After two days of trying to figure it out, trying it on different computers, trying scanning to different programs, and puzzling over the manual, this is going back. Not worth it.