Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now SnS
asked by MN mom on August 15, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
yes, that option is there but you have to ask it for options and then it asks you for different route selections. Even last night, I tried entering an address and when I drive past that address, my GPS doesn't ask me to take a U turn and go back to my destination. Instead, it just follows my car.

-Sam.
SamTheTechy answered on October 24, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the Garmin 1450lmt this was my concern too,,,the rerouting. Here is what it will do: if you make a wrong turn it will immediately tell you to do a U-turn and try to get you back on the correct route. If, for instance, you turned on to a dead end street, it will logically try to turn you around since there is no other alternative. Otherwise it will reroute you and it does an EXCELLENT job of it. Rerouting gets a 5 star rating with the Garmin unit.
Dan answered on November 22, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mike B. answered on October 24, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hello,

Even I observed this weird behavior on 1450LMT. If I enter a destination address and either drive past it or take a different route, Garmin doesn't calculate an alternate route. It just blindly follows the car and shows where the car is going now. I expect it to warn me and re-calculate to my original destination. Is there any setting that I am missing?

-Sam.
SamTheTechy answered on October 23, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT does the rerouting. I am not aware of anything that I have done to make this an option, I think it just does it automatically as part of the GO to destination command. It will say "recalculating" if you miss a turn or do not follow the directions and then take you to your destination via a slightly different route.
T R answered on January 31, 2015
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Aug 31, 2011 4:03:24 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product