4.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff
Published on May 9, 2006 by Jason K

2.0 out of 5 stars 60% Filler, 35% Anecdotal, 5% Worthwhile Information
Published on July 12, 2006 by R. McIntyre

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, May 9, 2006
This review is from: Automatic Wealth for Grads... and Anyone Else Just Starting Out (Hardcover)
When I saw the title I thought this book was going to be full of slick get rich quick kind of nonsense. But it really wasn't at all. The advice is very conservative and solid... As someone "just starting out" this seems like great information to have. Maybe some people want the book to give them a secret easy way to make tons of money on the internet or something, but in the long run I think what's in this book will prove to be more valuable.

JFK

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable guide, May 5, 2006
How I wish I had this book starting out!

What makes this book special is its brilliant niche: it performs a true service for anyone starting out... or even starting over. We get so little training in economics--if we get any at all. Plus, when we're young, we tend to think we have all the time in the world, and fail to take the long view. I know I did. This book addresses these educational defects.

In addition to the sound practical advice, Masterson's philosophy puts a new spin on "win-win".

This book is a winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book even if your not "just starting out", May 5, 2006
D.M. (Trenton, NJ) - See all my reviews
I've been in the working world for a while now, so buying this book for myself never crossed my mind. But after purchasing it as a gift for a family member, I was so impressed with what I read (I skimmed through the chapters to see what it was all about) that I bought a copy for myself! This book is filled with tons of great information and real-life examples from the author's past experiences. I highly recommend this book to people not only just starting out, but anyone looking to improve their financial future.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you just started a business GET this book!, April 28, 2006
As a mompreneur,I had to have this book.It showed me how to set up

a plan to save for me,and my business.Also,my kids can learn many

ways to succeed in their first jobs,and not be dependent on family.

That's an incredible gift to give to our future generations.I can encourage them by the results my business has had to be their own

boss.Heather,Tx

2.0 out of 5 stars 60% Filler, 35% Anecdotal, 5% Worthwhile Information, July 12, 2006
When I first bought it for myself and skimmed the first few pages, I was very excited about the book and thought that it would be a worthwhile read. As I kept reading, though, it became increasingly apparent that this guy was just trying to sell copies of his book, and didn't have much worthwhile information to say. He constantly repeats that he is showing you how to "get rich" without providing any substantive advice. He repeats lists that have little or no value, including things like "Work Hard" over and over again.

From the outside in it seems great, but after going through it you will have learned very little from the book. All of the worthwhile information in the book could be sufficiently summarized in two paragraphs. I find it hard to believe that most of the other reviewers actually read the entire book. Do yourself a favor and read the better books out there, like Clason's the "Richest Man In Babylon."

5.0 out of 5 stars Automatic Wealth for Grads ... and those of us who are behind!, April 27, 2006
Thankfully I started learning from Michael Masterson a few years ago through AWAI and Early to Rise, so I'm now well on my way. I just wish I had this book when I was getting out of college. Even though I'm only in my late twenties now, I'd be so much further ahead!

I personally burned through this book last weekend and today just finished revising my professional and financial goals for the next few years.

Along with buying copies for my two college roommates who still have not "figured it out," I bought copies for my younger cousins who will be graduating in the next few years. (Now it's up to them!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Financial Independence, April 28, 2006
Michael Masterson's wealth-building advice has changed my life. In just six years, I went from being a $40K-per-year employee with a negative net worth to being the owner of a thriving business and having a personal net worth of over $1 million.

I say this not to brag, but to show that Michael Masterson's advice works ... no matter what your age. (I'm in my 40s.) And, he couldn't have made it easier to follow his proven advice than he did in Automatic Wealth for Grads. I'm thrilled the kids I care about will have the chance to get started on their journey to financial independence much sooner than I did thanks to having this book to guide them.

4.0 out of 5 stars PRACTICAL LESSONS FOR FRESH GRADS, April 28, 2006
One of the most accessible and authoritative texts in its class, majority of readers would appreciate the way the author of this book used real-life applications to deliver his message. The outlook is practical: as lively as the narratives are cogent. Positively compelling!
All the basic principles of self-actualization were discussed, making the book suitable for any disciplined soul, who wishes to carve an ebullient niche in today's corporate world.
The driving force of this book is its clear and unequivocal emphases on practical applications. This is particularly valuable because, its primary audience are fresh graduates who are yet to acquire the necessary job experiences in their respective professions. The author's uncluttered writing-style makes comprehension very easy. This, along with the well-grounded gists that he delivered, made this title a perfect vocational adviser for any new grad. It is simply a fine way to blend self-worth and acquired knowledge. A plausible reinforcement for the future!
Meanwhile, for anyone who is not a beginner in the job market, (i.e.: those who have acquired some years of working experience, but still need some motivational impetus), I would suggest that you complement this book with another fine title called "Start Late, Finish Rich" (written by David Bach).

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful!, April 27, 2006
This book is really useful and helpful to those in a bit of a sticky situation with there finances after they graduate from college.It gives you the lowdown and whats need to know information on how to get you out of these stiky situations.Also, this book is packed with real life incidents that you can apply to your own lifes when you do graduate and go to college.I mena come on, you have to listen to him, he says you can become a millionare before your 25!

Written in a very funny way, Skousen gives a fantastic accoutn of what it is actualy like after you leave college, and does'nt just make it up!A brilliant,fantastic,amazing whooper of a book thats bound to fill your head with ideas.

Sam Worrall rating:5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars FALSE COMMENTS. DELETED REVIEWS, April 23, 2006
Negative reviews of this book (including the highest rated, most detailed ones) have been removed. Beware of the reviews here. There is very little useful content in this book and all of it can be found online (e.g. compound interest). A lot of the advice centers on real estate which was useful in the 80s, but is no longer applicable. Moreover, a lot of the anecdotes about how he succeeded will not be possible for most people. For instance, few people will have opportunities to make really major contributions to their companies that will be recognized by a very generous boss who will give huge pay raises. Check it out at the bookstore or the library to see if the book is helpful for you, but it will be a waste of money for most people. This is why most of the negative reviews and the most detailed reviews have been deleted.

Automatic Wealth for Grads... and Anyone Else Just Starting Out
Automatic Wealth for Grads... and Anyone Else Just Starting Out by Michael Masterson (Hardcover - March 31, 2006)
$27.95 $17.80