5.0 out of 5 stars Very classy acoustic/folk instrumentals, October 24, 2003
A Reader (Arlington, Tn. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Autumn In the Valley (Audio CD)
Having tired of the current pop music scene, I was looking for an new genre of music to adopt. I was introduced to the Gourd label when someone gave me a copy of Tree of Life as a Christmas present around 1992. To me it was a musical revelation. It was acoustic, it was folk, it was classical, and it was hip all at the same time. I purchased Autumn in the Valley and to this day it is one of my favorites. It is an exquisite listening experience. I didn't stop there, though. I have since bought nearly every cd on the Gourd label and will continue to buy their products. It is the quintessential contemplative, quiet-time music. It always puts me into a beautiful place.Buy this cd and you'll be sure to buy more...

5.0 out of 5 stars music that is precise, delicate, sensitive and sweet, April 13, 2007
This review is from: Autumn In the Valley (Audio CD)
I'm a traditional mandolin player, and I think music doesn't get any better than this album. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars acustic music, August 23, 2013
This review is from: Autumn In the Valley (Audio CD)
Again I have this recording on cassette. But it's worn out. So time to get it on CD. I love Neil Hellman's music. All acoustical instrument used. No electric. The songs he chooses. I highly recommend this CD if you like music, or want to try something different.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neil Hellman - Autumn in the Valley, July 1, 2011
This review is from: Autumn In The Valley (MP3 Music)
If you like Neil Hellman, you'll love this album... more of the same. I own two of his previous albums and love both.. this one is great too. Great combination of celtic, eclectic appalachian classics set to mandolins, hammered dulcimer, harp, guitar, banjo and everything in between. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old favorite renewed in a CD, October 14, 2013
MGW "Desert Rat" (Ridgecrest, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Autumn In the Valley (Audio CD)
As a cassette, I played Autumn In The Valley quite literally to death, it was eaten many years ago by a car in-dash cassette player. I hope Neal Hellman is still getting residuals for this as he deserves to be payed for my continued enjoyment of this wonderful music. This is one of the very few times I don't feel bad about the double-dipping that happens when you paid for a cassette and now have to pay again for a CD. This is wonderful music.

Autumn In the Valley
Autumn In the Valley by Neal Hellman (Audio CD - 1993)
Rate and Discover Movies