Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo, 14 Fluid Ounce
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Flavor: Thickening Shampoo|Size: 1|Change
Price:$5.79+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on January 28, 2011
If someone told me that my hair would stop falling out just by switching to this shampoo, I would have laughed in their face. But that is exactly what happened to me. I had been using different shampoos for many years and I always had a problem with flaking. So I alternated with a strong dandruff shampoo. No matter what I used, I was always having to clear my hair away from the drain to let the water out of the tub.

Within a week of switching to this shampoo, I stopped using dandruff shampoo forever and I have NEVER had to clear my hair from the drain again! That was at least 5 years ago.

If they ever stop making this shampoo, I will buy the formula and manufacture the stuff myself. That's how much I love this shampoo. The only problem I have with this product is the dumb name. I just call it my shampoo. It's the ONLY shampoo I will use.
44 comments|138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2007
For the first time ever my hair is healthy with no split ends - my stylist always is commenting on how she has never seen such healthy hair. I love this stuff!
on February 28, 2011
I've suffered from significant hair thinning in the past two years and being a female in my early twenties, I naturally became very self-conscious. I used to lose handfuls of hair after washing with shampoo and conditioner but since my hair tends to get oily very quickly, I had to wash it everyday. After adapting a strict vitamin regime and cutting down stress, the extreme shedding subsided...but for some reason, no matter what high quality strengthening/organic/expensive product I used, my hair was so limp, thin, and grew so slowly that I kept it short, thinking I'll never have long yet healthy looking hair again.

I have read that DHT and sebum buildup are significant contributors to hair shedding and one of the ingredients -- saw palmetto, is a natural dht inhibitor. Oily scalps are also prone to hair loss/thinning so I needed a gentle but effective cleansing and clarifying shampoo. I must say biotin b complex has SAVED my hair. I used to have the longest, thickest head of hair just 2-3 years ago and this shampoo has stopped the thinning/shedding & makes my hair so much thicker that it might just look like it used to in a few months...Only downside I can think of is that I finish the bottle fairly quickly (I have medium hair length) so I'm always reordering these! If you like it, you're better off ordering the three pack. Hope this helps anyone skeptical of the product, i know I was at first but now it's an essential.
1313 comments|260 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2014
I have a fine a dry hair that never look thick even after a shampoo and using a hair dryer. But this shampoo doesn't smell strong, foam just right (not a chemical foam) and made my hair shiny, easy to manage and thick! I will definitively buy it again, wherever they sell it. I recommend it!
on January 28, 2014
My mom uses this shampoo religiously, and she swears by it. She gave it to (her mom) my grandmother and I noticed there was such a huge difference in my grandmother's hair after a months use, it's fuller, thicker, and because of it, her hair gained volume. She used to get it from Whole foods, but it's slightly far from where we live but it's cheaper here!
on April 26, 2015
Cleans scalp well. Without this my scalp is horrible. Reg tea tree shampoos don't compare. This helps my hair grow. Helps it be thicker. They messed up with shipping. Giving them A+ for response!!! Thank you!!!
on February 6, 2013
I love this shampoo. I also believe in the healing properties of Tea Tree oil. I have had scalp problems for years and after many different products, prescription and over the counter stuff, this shampoo has helped more that anything I have tried. Including all dandruff shampoos.
on May 27, 2011
I love the feel of my hair. I love the texture and the shine after using this product. I give this 4 stars! This shampoo lasts long. It is thick and little goes a long way. My verdict - will buy again :)
on June 10, 2016
I love this product. My husbands hair used to fall out all the time and it would be everywhere in the bathroom. Now after using this for about six months he leaves only a few strands on the towel and I do not have to wash the tub because barely any hair falls out. On regrowing it, I have not seen anything but know that it might take a while before we can see definite regrowth, but my husband is super happy that the hair is not falling out and he is not so worried about going bald. I bought this product wanting to move to a more organic natural shampoo and saw that it is also thickening and desided to give it a try. I am so glad that I did. I will be buying this shampoo as long as it is available to buy off amazon.
on March 13, 2010
I was happy to find this "100% vegetarian ingredients" Shampoo. But then I looked at some of the "ingredients" on my bottle and it didn't seem to be entirely free of "sulfates" than the traditional sodium lauryl sulfate/sulfate Shampoos. As a vegetarian I was expecting herbs not sodium cocoyl sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoyl sarcosinate and other high concentrations of Hair Conditioning Agents, Deodorant Agents, Surfactants, and Cleansing Agents.

Ingredients: Purified water, organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice (1), sodium cocoyl sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoyl sarcosinate, vegetable glycerin, serenoa serrulata (saw palmetto) fruit extract, panthenol (pro-vitamin B-5), biotin, thiamine, pyridoxine, niacin, riboflavin, polyquaternium-10, wheat protein, soy protein, citric acid, soyamidopropalkonium chloride, jojoba oil, organic helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil (2), sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, organic rosamarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil (2), and other essential oils. (1) Certified by BioAgriCert (2) Certified by Quality Assurance International

According to the journal Contact Dermatitis, the following ingredients were said to display "similar" signs of irritation to 2% sodium lauryl sulfate:

5% sodium C12-15 pareth sulfate
5% sodium cocoyl isethionate
10% disodium laureth sulfosuccinate
10% sodium cocoamphoacetate
10% cocamide DEA
10% cocamidopropyl betaine
10% lauryl glucoside
2929 comments|260 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse