Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Flavor: Ylang Ylang|Size: 12 Ounce|Change
Price:$8.47+ $5.95 shipping

on June 29, 2011
This is my favorite bodywash. Many people mention that the scent is not strong enough but it is perfect for me. While I do most of my shopping on Amazon, as of right now this particular item is a couple of dollars less on VC which is where I purchased it.

Since this is made by Avalon Organics you would assume the product is "all" organic, but some of the oils used are not. To their credit, they make it clear in the ingredient list which of them are:

(1)Certified Organic Ingredient-- Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice(1), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil(1), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil, Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract(1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract(1), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract(1), Arginine, Bisabolol, Sodium Citrate, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Alcohol(1), Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

I got this information from the EWG site [...] (they rate this a 5 in safety overall).
on February 26, 2009
I hightly recommend this shower gel. The scent is very light (I am allergic to perfume and have had no problems with this product) and pleasant. The gel is gentle on the skin, leaves it feeling moist and smooth rather than dry like most soaps,and it doesn't require much gel to create a nice lather. I have been using this product for over a year (my current order was for a refill)and have found the quality of the product consistent. I highly recommend it, particularly for those who have problems with allergies as I do.Avalon Organic Botanicals Therapeutic Body Care Lavender 32 Fl. Oz. Value Size Bath & Shower Gels
on August 20, 2009
This is a refreshing shower gel until it gets into your "privates," then it burns like crazy. I mean, "pepper-" mint is a very significant name AND descriptor for the essential oils in this shower gel. I no longer use it for my shower, but it's fabulous for soaking feet after a long day.
on September 9, 2007
I have been using Avalon Organics products for several years now, and I can't recommend them highly enough. If you have dry or sensitive skin as I do, the bath and shower gel will treat your skin very gently and leave you feeling clean. I use Avalon Organics Hand & Body Lotion (Aloe-Unscented) and Nourishing Shampoo as well. Amazons prices are by far the lowest I've seen for Avalon Organics products.
on September 13, 2012
I like going outside but I got bitten by insects so quickly that I was afraid of going outside. I could stand in the door way a few minutes talking with my neighbor and I would get a few bites. Note I don't live in the country.

After I started using this Lavender Shower gel, I don't get bites any more.

Last week, I went to a family gathering outside in the yard. A few women complained about bites on their legs and arms, but I didn't get any and I was wearing a dress and short sleeves.

I've introduced this wonderful Lavender shower gel to them and I've ordered more for my friends.

Thanks, Lavender!
on November 22, 2012
I love this stuff! Smells great without being overpowering. Moisturizes without making you feel oily. I first discovered it with the shampoo and now have the whole line including conditioner, this body wash and body cream.
Another great cruelty-free product from Avalon, this light and refreshing gel (it's not as dense as that name connotes) can be used as soap or shampoo. The predominant fragrance is mint (with other subtle undertones), and it cleans wiithout massive amoountss of suds. Ingredients innclude organic floral waters of peppermint and lavender, organnic extracts of gingko biloba, gotu kola, sage, and wild thyme, organic plant oils, and vitamins A and E. No animal ingredients, no animal testing, and ph balanced.
on May 21, 2011
So I would think most of us would agree that Amazon is a pretty good, reliable place to buy stuff. Whenever I have had a problem with an order, they have been prompt to do what they can to make amends. Please don't let the negative review of this product put you off.
As to Avalon shower gel, it is one of the few I have found with friendlier ingredients that both my husband and I like. It doesn't dry out his dry skin, it doesn't have an offensive smell and it just works like it should. I have been buying it elsewhere for a similar price but am going to buy it from amazon now because it is so much more convenient.
Review for Avalon Bath and Shower Gel

ISSUE:
-------

- The tops of two of the last four 32oz bottles we got didn't pop up (BROKEN PUMPs), poor quality control. Be sure to TEST the bottles you get right away so as to have a simple and free exchange experience if needed.

- Vitacost sent us two replacement bottles so thumbs up for Avalon and/or the Vitacost for customer service.

NOTES:
-------

- A reviewer noted that he detected the smell changed. It smells now (2013) the same it has smelled to us for the last year and a half or so we have used it, lemon lavendery (more lavendery). Thus I assume a bad batch went out in the past or there was a temporary formula change in the past. However, I'd say if you buy it now you are probably okay.

- A reviewer saw 12oz on the ordering page instead of 32oz. I saw 32oz on the ordering page (and 32oz arrived), so it looks like they fixed it.

- Avalon describes this as 70% Organic. That may or may not be organic enough for you, of course.

- They make clear which ingredients are organic and which aren't right on the label.

- You can lower the price to a little over $12 buying 4 of them due to shipping cost per unit at the time of this review (Vitacost).
on May 4, 2014
I complained to the company and was told that they had to change the formula in order to call it organic. I don't know if the requirements changed or they weren't compliant in the first place, but the change was not good. I used to love this product but not anymore. The same thing happened with their lemon shampoo and their Vit C facial cream. They should have changed the label rather than the products!