This Avantree Powerhouse charging station really charges in a nice, minimalist, clean-up-your-desk way. Mostly I use AC chargers, which are quite handy, but still leave my devices scattered across my counter. The Powerhouse gets them charged up, but keeps them neatly lined up.

One nice cosmetic consideration is that there are extra silicone lime green covers if you decide you need a change of pace. I do like the color combo it came with, however, and will be leaving it as is. The reds, blacks, and grays perfectly complement my devices. For example, my red Logitech case for my iPad Air looks as if it belongs on the Powerhouse.

I was able to put my iPad Air (with the case closed), a Samsung Galaxy, and an iPhone 5 on the Powerhouse with no difficulty. One thing I was hoping the dock would be able to do was to have sufficient room to hold battery packs. The posts, if that's what you could call them, don't move. It would be nice if the front ones could be arranged to accommodate other small devices.

The ports are what I call superchargers, fast and efficient. Many chargers have 1.A and 2.1A ports, but the Powerhouse has 2.1A and 2.4A USB ports. These are perfect for fast charging the power hogs like the iPads 3 and 4, which have heavy battery capacities upwards of 11,000 mAh. Frankly, if you are running anything Apple, this is an excellent charger to consider.

If you have heavy-duty cases such as the Otterbox or thick leather covers, you may want to take a pass. With my iPad Air the Logitech worked fine, but my Booq (the one with the pad of paper) needed to be flipped open. The Powerhouse is the perfect multipurpose charging station that's ultra-efficient.

FEATURES:

► 4.5A High Power, fast charge your tablet and Smartphone
► User configurable, stylish colors
► Compact size and space-saving design
► With A SMART PORT that built-in a smart output control IC, have more wider compatibility
► The Velcro system manages cables and keeps them hidden - for a tidy desk or table top

SPECS:

~► Input: AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz, 0.6A max
~► Output: 5V, total 4.5A (allocate 4.5A to 4 USB port intelligently)
~► Single USB max output 2.4Amp
~► Product size: 6.06" x 4.48 x 1.31 (15.4*11.4*8.5cm)
~► Product weight: around 10.75 ounces (305g)
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:

► Avantree PowerHouse
► 1 set of silicon covers
► 1 pc AC power cable (1.5M)
► 2 pcs micro USB charging cable
► 4 pcs Velcro straps

Sample provided for review.
on July 28, 2014
I was sent this Avantree Power House Desk USB Charging Station for review.

This product has really made a splash in our home because it looks so different plus reduces mobile device clutter considerably. This charging station has for concealed full size USB outlets underneath 2 x 1 Amp ideal for most phones, and 2 x 2.1 Amp outlets for larger devices such as tablets etc. The base stands firmly on chunky rubber feet which allows clearance for cables to feed out from underneath the stand to the devices stored on the unit. There is an inlet at the rear for the supplied (BS marked) figure of 8 mains lead. The roof of the internal compartment is covered in a sheet of Velcro and four strips are supplied to "cable manage" your USB device's cables. The front third or so of the internal compartment is occupied by the power supply and USB sockets but there is ample space left to store spare excess cable from your devices.

Externally the stand looks great and is an uncanny match for the world's leading make of tablets and smartphones with a gloss white finish to the plinth, a rubber black rubber mat on the upper surface. On the mat are 6 strategically placed cubes in red, black and grey forming 4 slots for phones and smaller tablets with 2 larger rectangles in black and red for larger devices such as tablets etc. You can easily store 6 USB powered items on this stand. In addition, you get an alternative coloured mat, cubes, rectangles all in green to change the look if you wish although I prefer the "default" version".

All the devices I've used with this stand charge perfectly including an iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0, Nokia Lumia and Moto G smartphones. The charging speed being pretty well the same as their own supplied chargers. The other aspect I like about this charging stand is that it utilises the devices original chargers - let's not bring any more unwanted chargers into to the world!

In summary, this high quality Avantree stand will keep you devices neat, tidy and charged, plus, they're all in one place when you rush out of the door in the morning. I can't think of a more stylish or convenient way to store your rechargeable devices that are an essential part of daily life now - I can see why this unit won a Red Dot Design Award this year! Recommended.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
UPDATE: September 30, 2014. I received another of these units with the same model number by accident. However I figured that I would test it to validate the review below that I am leaving intact for reference.

This time around when I removed the bumpers that go over the posts (the red, grey and black pieces in the product photos) my phone and tablet fit. More importantly, a new Samsung S5 with a thick bumper style case fit the space between the phone posts and the tablet. I have long since donated the original Powerhouse that I received, so I cannot tell whether or not there have been modifications to the original design that I received when I wrote the original review, but all of my complaints have been rectified and I am upgrading my rating to five stars.

Here is my original review - intact - so you can compare:

I wanted to love the review sample that I received because I think it's a great concept. Unfortunately, it falls a bit short in real world use. I'll get the negative stuff out of the way first.

I tried this with a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and a Samsung Tab 3 10.1, as well as an iPad2. Each of the devices fit nicely without their cases, but none would fit with. And I am taking about relatively thin cases in two instances (these: Fintie Folio Slim Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 and Bear Motion Genuine Lambskin Folio Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3). Had they fit I would have gladly awarded five stars, but sadly they did not and I love things simple. Removing a case every night to store and charge is not simple for me.

Here is why I think this has potential with some modifications. First, it does an excellent job of organizing devices that do fit, as well a managing cables. I hate dangling, tangled cables, and have had to live them them as part of the price one pays for having too many phones and tablets. This organizer has the potential to end all that.

I also love the fact that all four of the ports are above 2 Amps (two are 2.1 and two are 2.4). That makes for faster charging.

What I'd love to see: the ability to move the stands (the blocks that hold up the phones and tablets) anywhere I want on the mounting surface, That would allow me to arrange the devices to my own preferences, as well as to make the best use of the platform's real estate.

As currently designed this falls short of being a perfect solution to a real problem. And it's literally just a few millimeters short, which is frustrating because it could have been one of my favorite ways to store the growing number of phones and tablets in my home. I hope the manufacturer comes out with a version 2.0 that rectifies the issues. In the meantime this is still a perfect solution if you are not using cases.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I received this at no cost in exchange for writing a review. Here are my comments.

1. This has 4 USB ports: two of the ports "share" 2.1A when both are in use, and two of the ports "share" 2.4A when both are in use. In other words, this has a maximum output of 4.5A, so no way can you simultaneously charge three phones and an iPad as is pictured because that would require 5.1A. It's misleading to advertise "4.5A high capacity for 4 devices" when that output is inadequate to charge 4 devices at once.

2. As other reviews note, this doesn't work if you keep your gadgets in cases. That's a deal breaker for me. I currently use a dual charger docking station that easily lets me charge two iPhones in their cases, plus takes up a much smaller footprint than this product, which is 6" x 4 7/16" x 1 9/16". That docking station also eliminates the need for cables. As for my iPad, I charge it using a compact USB wall charger. This product is just too big and too cluttered for me.

3. The current price of 49.99 is also much too expensive for what you get.

Bottom line: This works, but there are less expensive and simpler ways to charge your gadgets.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 22, 2014
I was looking for a charging station to keep all our gadgets in one place in an organized way and this is perfect. Another reviewer points out that you can still use your own chargers, but having new phones and wanting a full charge every morning, we like to charge our phones every night and the power issue is not a problems for us.

The Avantree "charging station" keeps the cords more organized and we can move the posts around to fit the phones, Bluetooth speaker, headphones and backup batteries we use. It fits nicely in a corner and the short cables can be replaced with any USB patch cords if needed. I'd love to receive this as a gift because it's useful, being an organizer and a charger with a good look to it. Hey, it won a design award after all. It exceeded my expectations in quality and versatility.
on December 2, 2014
When I received the box, my first idea was: " oh, wow, red dot award?". This chic device has a red dot award for good design. When I unpacked it, I found the charging "powerhouse", the 2 short USB cables and additional silicone accessories. It comes in white with grey and red covers to hold the phone(s) in place while charging. Avantree gives you the choice of green mat and green hoods to change the look of your charger. Well done. You can place several devices in different angles to hold and there is enough space for every imaginable phone. it's just that my wife has a huge thick cover for her already thick Note 2 and that is getting tight. But for every other purpose, it's great. Ok, the look is fine. And why is it called Powerhouse? It gives you a whopping 4 ports to charge all your devices with 2Ampere or more. THAT is called power. I have a Samsung S4, as well as my wife's Note 2 and a Asus tablet, all which are reliably charged with the Avantree powerhouse in a quick time. At the same time.

I guess we all have the experience that many chargers out there promise high output but don't keep up to the promise. But Avantree powerhouse delivers! This is also due to the high quality USB cables they include. I tried these cables with other chargers and I was able to see a remarkable difference. So, guys.. this is high quality. Nothing cheap about it. Our 3 phones/tablets are charged simultaneously and all get full charging power.

Avantree even gives you velcro tapes to store the cables neatly.

If you are tired of cheap chargers which let you wait hours and hours to charge your precious phone/tablet, I can really recommend. It's worth every cent. And: It's good looking as well.

This is not my first product from Avantree. And I can say that their support is well-organized and generous as well. They speak fluent english and really help you with minimum response time.

Highly recommended.
on March 11, 2015
I was provided a sample product for an unbiased and honest review.

Most chargeable devices now a days are converting to become USB compatible.
This charging station allows for 4 devices to charge simultaneously while occupying only one outlet.

It comes with 4 separate velcro bands that allow one to securely tie the cables underneath individually. (No more tangled jungle vine-like mess!)

I saw a lot of questions asking if this product was suitable for the Kindle, Samsung phone, etc.
To answer that question: The ports underneath this device are all USB ports. If you have a converter cable that goes from USB to microusb, you can charge your Kindle or other phones that have microusb inputs. If one wanted to charge their iOS devices, just make sure to have on hand a USB to whatever suitable lightning pin your iOS device requires.

This product is customizable on the "turf" in which the devices rest while charging.
There are multiple colors, (please check my pictures to see the colors included).

Yes, if you have a thick case, this will make it very hard or even impossible to fit the device.
But even though the slots themselves are not removable, the silicone molds ARE.

The silicone molds were meant for "naked" devices that did not have a case, the softness will protect the device while on the "turf".

If you have a case on your device, why bother with the silicone molds? I would recommend removing them completely. It allows for more space because the silicone molds do take quite a bit of space.

This is a very innovative product, I wholeheartedly recommend this for the efficiency it provides.
review image review image
TOP 100 REVIEWERon March 16, 2015
 I received this product free for review but as always, despite receiving a free product I'm perfectly candid in my review. See my video for the real details but the highlights are:

* Provides solid output, over 2.0A for iPad while charging an iPhone too

* Width of the slots varies. Smaller ones at 0.5 inches, between smaller and larger sections is 0.6 inches and between two larger sections is 0.55 inches

* Velcro straps provided to neaten up cords in section under the charger

PS: I hope my review was helpful. If it was not, then please let me know what I left out that you'd want to know. I always aim to improve.
on October 13, 2014
Verified Purchase
Very helpful and small unit. I'm in a NYC appt, so I was looking for a small organizer to help me remove the cables and different chargers all over the place.
This unit does the job and is a good price since for most of the other organizers you had to purchase the charging devise separately, this is actually a good deal
The one con for me would be the dividers, as other reviewers stated, a bit thin in between them to place tablets with think cases. I have to try to remove them and see if they can be reallocated
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 7, 2015
The Avantree Powerhouse desktop charger is an ingenious charger in the sense that it can fit almost any device you have, due to the way it was designed. There are little squares and rectangles positioned on the unit so that no matter how wide or long your phone is, you can find out a way to position it either vertically or horizontally to fit on the charger.

All of my phones and tablets fit perfectly on this (LG G3, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Kindle Fire HD) and since there are 4 USB outputs, 2 x 1A, and 2 x 2.1A, I am able to charge all four devices simultaneously at the same speed if I were to plug them each individually into an AC wall charger. This charger keeps all of your devices neatly organized and charged up ready to go.

Overall, this is another great product by Avantree that is extremely functional and minimalistic.

Highly recommended, 5/5 stars.

This product was provided for my honest review.
review image review image