5.0 out of 5 stars Best kept secret for professional video production
Published 15 months ago by Adam C. Murtland

1.0 out of 5 stars Two bad units
The first cpu we got turned on, but wouldn't load windows. We called the companies tech support line who told me "there's a way to fix it but I don't think you can do it", which was no doubt true. I had a difficult time even understanding him, much less trying to follow instructions. So, back it went for a replacement.

The second one was DOA. Nada.We...
Published 11 months ago by Ivy Lindsay

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kept secret for professional video production, November 22, 2013
This review is from: Avatar FX6164 Gaming Desktop (Personal Computers)
Wow. Just wow. This is the best-kept secret in computers. I own a professional photography and video production studio and needed a new workstation for HD video editing. I thought I'd give this a try after receiving a recommendation from a friend to use gaming computers for video production. This computer has all the specs I need for a solid workstation; fast processor, great video card, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB hard drive. All for a third of the price of a "custom" computer from some larger companies. It is an excellent starting point for my needs. I simply added a couple SSD's and a blu-ray burner and I now have a beast of a machine. The Windows 8 operating system takes a little getting used to but you can upgrade to the superior 8.1 for free. This machine comes with absolutely no bloatware. Will soon be updating my other workstations with more of these!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Gaming PC and Work PC., January 19, 2014
This review is from: Avatar FX6164 Gaming Desktop (Personal Computers)
I would definitely highly recommend this computer to anyone who is looking for a cheaper mid range gaming PC. I have used this desktop at high graphics settings with very good fps on games such as Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, etc. I have been very satisfied with the speed and performance booting up to playing all of the games that I have been continuously downloading from Steam. I also use this computer for graduate work for running high grade mathematical calculation programs as well as your basic Microsoft Office Programing. It is a very good computer and if you do not want to spend $1500+ on a high caliber gaming PC this is an excellent choice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for home studio computer!, January 29, 2014
This review is from: Avatar FX6164 Gaming Desktop (Personal Computers)
Well where do I start...great system period! As everyone has said, worked out of the box no problem. It came with all driver disks for every component and extra hardware. I produce music and do some light video editing so a multi core, fast, reliable machine was what I was looking for and that's what I got- and at a price I didn't expect. 16 gigs of ram is plenty as well. I'm not a gamer but within final cut pro or avid editing software the hd resolution is great. And the fast hard drive and 6 core processor allow me to record and mix tracks with ease and little to no latency. Overall, happy happy camper here. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the price, September 11, 2013
This review is from: Avatar FX6164 Gaming Desktop (Personal Computers)
I love this computer. The price was great compared to all the other pc out there. It started right up and is as fast as can be. Very quite, I run all my games on high or super high. Good looking PC as well.

Cons- No wireless connection, but if your gaming you don't want wireless. That's about it, I love this machine

5.0 out of 5 stars Budget powerhouse that delivers, February 16, 2014
This review is from: Avatar FX6164 Gaming Desktop (Personal Computers)
I am a gamer at heart who has had life, careers, and circumstance put a hold on that passion. On a whim, I ordered this machine, having had a subpar laptop for a few years. This thing is rocking my proverbial socks!

For the price, you are getting a very, very decent machine. I cannot even begin to touch the 16GB of RAM and I have been able to run the majority of my back-log of Steam games at high settings or beyond. This is a fantastic entry to mid level gaming PC or, with the abundance of RAM, it can certainly take care of video/sound editing, HD video, games, whatever YOUR passion may be.

I am enjoying it - and, as an added bonus (which is no guarantee for you if you buy this machine) I received an AMD FX 6300 instead of the spec'd 6100. Might have been an oversight but I appreciate the upgrade regardless!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great PC., August 30, 2013
This review is from: Avatar FX6164 Gaming Desktop (Personal Computers)
Great PC for the price. Arrived well packaged and easy to set up. Added wireless with no problem. Recommended to anyone looking for PC upgrade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent machine at an awesome pricepoint, November 27, 2013
This review is from: Avatar FX6164 Gaming Desktop (Personal Computers)
When I found myself in the market for a new computer, I was majorly overwhelmed and wasn't too sure where to begin. I spent a few hours doing research on several websites before I just happened to come across this one here on Amazon. This machine is everything I needed and more.

The processor is fast - which is a must, and it come with a nice video card to boot. For me, this is a definite bonus since I love playing around with creating videos and gaming in my spare time. I never notice any lag time when loading, and the screen never freezes like my old one used to. There is nothing that I don't love about the computer.

The price was right on point and much cheaper than comparable computers of other brands, and who doesn't love a good deal? If I had to pick one downfall, I would say that Windows 8 leaves a bit to be desired but it's nothing I couldn't deal with. I did get tired of the OS after a bit and decided to upgrade and now everything is perfect for me. Glad that I made the investment and highly recommend this computer to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great PC, September 12, 2013
This review is from: Avatar FX6164 Gaming Desktop (Personal Computers)
What a great machine. The GPU it comes with excellent for gaming. windows 8 is taking sometime to get used to the difference especially the Start menu but other than that it's awesome

1.0 out of 5 stars Two bad units, March 26, 2014
This review is from: Avatar FX6164 Gaming Desktop (Personal Computers)

The second one was DOA. Nada.We gave up.

Amazon told us that they had "gotten a bad batch" of these from the manufacturer, so you may have better luck than we did. I was pleased with how fast they sent out the replacement and credited our account afterwards. Thank you, Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend this, November 20, 2013
This review is from: Avatar FX6164 Gaming Desktop (Personal Computers)
This PC purchase has been the best experience in all of my experiences. The customer service was phenomenal and responsive in a very helpful manor.

Avatar FX6164 Gaming Desktop