5.0 out of 5 stars Spoiler Free Review - mild content warning
My husband, my son, and I are all huge Avatar fans. Huge fans. This manga installment undertakes to answer one of the major hanging threads left at the end of the anime series, and as The Search gets underway, we get some surprising bits of back story and new insights on old favorites (or maybe not so favorites).

I really do not want to spoil this story for...
Published 17 months ago by L. Gildart

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but short...
This book is really cool and I love that it continues the story from the show... but it's a little shorter than I was expecting. For some reason I was thinking this was supposed to be a manga but it's just a regular comic. There were also a few pages that didn't seem to transition coherently into each other... that might have just been how it was written but I don't...
Published 8 months ago by Kasey Benton

5.0 out of 5 stars Spoiler Free Review - mild content warning, March 28, 2013
This review is from: Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 1 (Paperback)

I really do not want to spoil this story for anyone and do not want to spoil the stories from the anime for anyone who might be just getting into the show, but, briefly, Zuko needs help with a family matter and enters a surprising alliance.

The book ends with an excellent cliffhanger.

Parents should be aware that in this book, there is kissing. And mild violence. And an issue that involves an implied sexual relationship.

Other than that, the book is well-written, beautifully drawn, and within reading/vocabulary/maturity levels of about 4th grade and up.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome books for avatar fans, April 15, 2013
This review is from: Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 1 (Paperback)
in short if you are a fan of avatar or have read the promise start reading this series, it is great

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, especially if you've seen tv show or movie, July 25, 2013
This review is from: Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 1 (Paperback)
It's like a sequel to tv episodes, or movie. If you haven't seen the tv episodes or the movie it might be harder to understand. I loved it! (Astrid, age 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, August 9, 2013
It is a great comic I really want to read it one million times
It was the first comic really like

5.0 out of 5 stars Yaaay, July 30, 2013
My children and I were going crazy not know what happened to his mom. So happy I can learn the truth.
Can't wait for the next book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8, 2014
This review is from: Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 1 (Paperback)
Amazing. Read part 2 and 3 as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Totally awesome, July 8, 2014
I loved this series and can't wait to read the next part because of the plot twists four out of five is a great rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, June 30, 2014
*POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT*
After the cliffhanger at the end of ATLA, I would still wonder what happened to Zuko's mother. This book delivers! The only problem you should have is deciding if you want to buy the separate chapters or buy the hardcover that has all the chapters in one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, June 22, 2014
This book picks up right when where the last episode ended and the comics really show each character in their light. If you want to continue the Avatar series, these are a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love AVATAR, June 10, 2014
I Love Avatar So Much I'm Writing A Review About It And I Don't Usually Weird Reviews. Anyway I Think Thou Should Buy It It's An Awesome Book.

Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 1
Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 1 by Gene Luen Yang (Paperback - March 19, 2013)
$10.99 $7.13