Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

Style Name: Baby Wash and ShampooSize: 18 OunceChange
Price:$8.97+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on August 14, 2010
My twin baby boys have been suffering from eczema since their 1st month, and they're 13 months now. Our pediatrician originally recommended Cetaphil & prescription strength hydrocortizone to get control of the flair ups. Cetaphil didn't help at all, so I tried the Aveeno Soothing Relief MOisturizing cream. That worked in combination with the medicated creams. But we still had to apply the Hydrocortizone daily just to relieve the itching & rashes. But THIS product seems take care of it all by itself!!! It not only gets rid of the rashes but also leaves their skin soooo silky smooth! Just how baby skin should feel like, right? We've only been using it for a week but I just had to share the good news. I am very happy with this product.
11 comment105 of 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2011
Added note: Aveeno is a Johnson & Johnson brand. It's supposed to be their 'better' brand of shampoo, but has same dangerous chemicals as all their lines of shampoos. The review is for this product, which we owned and used until we learned of this fiasco.

After years of being pressured to remove harmful chemicals from the baby shampoos, Johnson and Johnson finally announced today that they will phase them out in next 2 years or earlier. A simple google search of 'chemicals in baby shampoo' brings up articles from USA Today, Reuters, Associated Press, Fox News, CBS News, etc.

The 2 nocive chemicals are 1.4 dioxane and formaldehyde. None are listed in the ingredients section because they are a byproduct of other chemicals shown on the label. There are countless articles on this and this has been in the news at least twice in the past 2 weeks.

These substances are banned in most European countries, but still used by J&J in their US baby shampoo. Reason? They are very cheap to make and this market is not regulated. The fact that today they agreed to phase them out is a first step in the right direction, although it will not motivate me to ever buy their products again.

For now, we have stopped using this shampoo and are extremely disappointed in the way J&J has treated US babies. We bought 2 organic shampoos from Amazon, based on ratings from Skin Deep Database and plan to stay with these for now.

What should you do? I don't pretend I know what is good for your kids, but would recommend to do your homework about what you buy for them. Protecting them from all the chemicals in our life is impossible, but everything starts one step at a time.
2222 comments363 of 433 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2015
Unfortunately made my son's eczema worse! He is 6mo old. I tried it two months ago but i started aveeno body wash on the same day (it was scented whoops).. So i wasn't sure if the cream also made it worse or if it was just from the scented body wash. So we went back to our normal body wash and his eczema went back to baseline (Rashy patches but not inflamed)-- tried the aveeno cream again last night and this morning his skin is so inflamed, rashy? and red! Ughhh i guess we can't use this stuff for his skin :(
review image review image
on July 21, 2013
My son has bad eczema on his torso and arms and I've been searching in vain for a product that keeps his rash under control. The one time I applied this to his chest, he was screaming within seconds and his entire chest turned bright red. This lotion made his eczema worse! I immediately stripped off his clothes and gave him a bath, and only after every bit of lotion was washed away did he stop crying.

He is not allergic to oatmeal. I compared the other ingredients in this lotion with other lotions that he can use safely, and I discovered Benzalkonium Chloride is in this lotion but none of his other lotions. I looked up Benzalkonium Chloride and discovered it is a known skin irritant and should not be used on rashes or eczema. Why Aveeno thought it would be a good idea to include it in an eczema lotion is beyond me.
66 comments73 of 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2011
I applied this to my baby girl who had mild redness; and after applying this aveeno lotion to her irritated area it got ten times worst. So be careful on putting this lotion on your baby's skin if you really want to try, test it first on your baby skin but don't apply all over the irritated area.
0Comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2013
This doesn't have any of the chemicals that are being recalled in it. It's very good on sensitve skin b/c there is little scent to it. It's the best to use and I'd highly recommend it!
on January 22, 2014
Smells fresh and baby-like...but I noticed that the way it felt on my sons skin was a little drying. I'm not sure yet if I would like to use this as both a body wash and a shampoo. I noticed his hair felt a little dry as well.

Pros:
Rinses clean
Smells great!!
Has oat extract

Cons:
A little too drying, must use lotion afterwards to counter effects of wash
Too drying on hair

I found that the regular aveeno adult body wash works better on the body though not as a shampoo. I will not be purchasing this product for wintertime use, in the summer I can see where it'll have better benefits. But for now, I'm going to find something a little more moisturizing for my son's skin.
on May 19, 2015
It seems most people have a good review and probably my baby is one of the exceptions but just by using aveeno baby eczema therapy moisturizing cream in two days my baby was covered all over her body with even more rashes. I would advice you test a portion of your baby's body with it for a while before general use, especially if you have noticed your baby has sensitive skin like mine. What helped my LO with her skin rash though is cussons baby lotion cares & protects. Wish I kud give 0 star rating for this product. :-(
review image
on April 14, 2013
My 5-month-old girl had a horrible allergic reaction to this product. Before applying this cream, she only had a mild redness on her cheeks due to eczema. After applying this cream, however, her skin became very itchy and red. There were two large areas that started oozing. I immediately stopped using this product and put Aquaphor on her. After two days of oozing and healing, now her skin finally looked normal again. Please use caution when applying this product!
0Comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2013
This is a really high price for this product on Amazon. It's a lot cheaper on other sites and in stores. I'm surprised...
11 comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse