5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Amazing!
Published on September 1, 2011 by Amanda Powers

1.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful: Contains Sodium Hydroxide
I've been using this for a little while and I noticed my face broke out more often when I was using it. Then I bothered to read the ingredients and noticed it contains Sodium Hydroxide. Sodium Hydroxide is, among many other industrial purposes, used to turn animal carcasses into pulp. Granted, SH is the last ingredient but I can't help but think that using this product...
Published 21 months ago by Jordon A. Stanford

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Amazing!, September 1, 2011
Let's just say that my 46 year old skin faces numerous challenges. One morning I woke up determined to go find a face primer to help correct my skin's problems. I hopped in the car and drove 45 minutes to the nearest Sephora. 3 hours later I left Sephora after having tried on every single solitary primer they carry. Nothing helped! I purchased nothing. I left feeling hopeless and dejected after that. Surely if all those expensive miracle products wouldn't help then nothing short of lazer surgery was going to.

On the my way back home home I had to stop at a drugstore to pick up a few essentials for my family. While I was racing up and down the aisles getting stuff, somehow I happned to notice the Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisterizer, SPF 30 Medium. I recalled having used the Radient moisturizer SPF 30 in the past and that I liked it so I tossed this new one in the cart althtough I expected nothing from it other than an orangy, streaky mess on my face. Thinking I was just going to have to go right back in and return the product, I opened it when I got back in the car and put some on right there in the parking lot.
It took a minute to get it blended and worked into my skin and then all of a sudden WOW! I could not believe my eyes. I looked so much younger, healther, and more refreshed than I have in years!

Blotchy dark mottled spots all over my face from sun damage - erased! All of a sudden, poof! Cannot see them. (And before this nothing I have ever found covered them up!)
Gigantic pores - minimized significantly
Crows feet - SO much softened
Dry areas - looked soft and well hydrated but not greasy
Under eye circles - almost gone!
Red areas - gone
Overall tired, stressed, grayish cast of my skin - replaced with a luminous, radiant,healthy, natural glow from within look. No weird looking sparkles in the product either.
Greasiness - replaced by a lovely even finish all over my face. Not a dry powdered look. Not an overly shiny "dewy" look. Just soft, velvety, slightly moist skin.
And I have one more for you too! For 30 years I have worn foundation every single day. Now I no longer need foundation and I look better than I ever did with it on! You have no idea how freeing this is!

I have never written a review in my life but I could not let this one go by without alerting others to the awesome potential this might have for you too. It goes on thick at first (like a suncreen would) but don't worry. Just keep blending until you have a nice even layer of it on and voila! That heaviness goes away and the product just seems to evaporate into you skin. Feels light and skin can breath.

Lastly, I tried the product from this line designed for the eyes. OW! Stung and burned like crazy on my skin for a long time. Oh well, can't hit it everytime, right? I would not recommend the eye stuff though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely love this product!, January 16, 2011
This is the first tinted moisturizer I have ever tried. I am a fan of Aveeno and their products. I do have problematic and sensitive skin (I can't even use some facial sunscreens because they're so harsh on my skin). Personally, I use mineral makeup for cover up and really can't use liquid foundation. This product, however, gave me what I was looking for: cover, with sun protection, and doesn't initiate an allergic reaction. The other great things about this product is that the pump provides the right amount, it smells better than regular sunscreen, and the bottle is small enough to put in a carry on (I travel a lot and this meets the carry on specification).

I read the other reviews and do agree that the moisturizer is thick. Also, it is more expensive than other drug store tinted moisturizers (however, I believe it's more beneficial). The other downside to it is that there are only two colors: fair to light and medium.

All in all, I do recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aveeno Positively Radiant Pads are Positively the best, July 3, 2006
Leah Be "justbe" (Willamette Valley of Oregon) - See all my reviews
This product exceeds any other of this type that I have used for facial cleaning including creams, bar soaps, pads, cloths, etc. These pads are packaged well and maintain their moisture and cleansing elements with a high degree of effectiveness. The cleanser is gentle and thorough. I travel with them and use them at home and cannot say enough good things about them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it claims, September 30, 2010
This isn't the kind of product I normally review, but I am so impressed with it that I decided to do it anyway. At first I wasn't quite sure if I liked it, but then I realized 1. I have to use less than I would if it was regular foundation, and 2. I have to "set" it with pressed powder or it leaves my face shiny. After those two discoveries, WOW! This will leave you with even-toned, healthy-looking skin without giving you "make-up face". And after using it for a few weeks, my skin is looking healthier all around, even once I wash it off at night. Fantastic product, highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best facial cream, August 3, 2013
I have tried facial creams priced from 200 dollars to 4.99! Aveeno is the very best without question. It hydrates, smooths, lightens dark areas, and is never greasy. Just try it once ~ you wont regret it!
NOTE: I recently discovered I have a wheat intolerance. SOME, not all, Aveeno product use wheat and oats. Even on my skin, I had problems with reactions. If you do not have wheat issue... The Aveeno line is excellent in both results and social responsibility.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle but effective, December 30, 2004
This review is from: Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub, 5 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I started using Aveeno products about two months ago and have noticed a significant improvement in my skin texture: much smoother and less redness. This scrub is very gentle - no harsh grains to cause abrasions or redness; just smooth, small microbeads that softly exfoliate your skin. I use this in conjunction with the Positively Radiant Cleanser and have been extremely happy. I have very oily and sensitive skin - believe me, I've tried just about every product out there and this is the best I've found.

5.0 out of 5 stars From teens to seniors!, October 9, 2007
I bought these after reading an article in Consumer Reports. I cannot say enough for how they cleanse and how gentle and thorough they are. I think back to my decades-ago teen years and wish I had had them then! For seniors with Alzheimer's who like to pick at their skin they are also perfect, giving them nothing to pick at! I highly recommend this above any and all soaps and all other cleansers I have ever tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Consider me hooked., September 14, 2012
I decided to try this product because of all the good reviews, despite the fact that I already own a Clarisonic for deep cleansing my face, & I'm glad I did! These pads are very well constructed: the dotty side has just the right amount of abrasion to exfoliate my nose & chin without irritation, & the smooth side is gentle enough to clean my forehead/cheeks/eye area (I'm in my 30's so I'm careful with these parts of my face as they are the ones prone to fine lines). The pads also lather up really well, rinse off easily, & leave my skin feeling clean but not tight. Like several other reviewers, I also find that the pads are quite big, so I cut them in half. This means I get quite aot of mileage from one container: I use them every other morning, so at 56 halves, that's about 3.5months! Not bad at all, considering one container is less than $6.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Aveen Cleansing Pads, October 7, 2010
I am a 35 year old female, with adult acne. I have tried every kind of facial cleansers possible, from the cheapest to the most expensive. These cleansing pads are AWESOME. It took about 2 weeks and my face it perfect. The pads are really large and I cut them in half, and use one half in the morning and one in the evening! I will never use anything else. I also use the Aveeno Daily Radiance SPF 15. Run to the store and try these!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works for acne scars, December 9, 2010
I have dark skin and tons of acne marks-mostly hyperpigmentation, and a little bit of acne that was on its way out of my life but kept holding on. I started using this product and finished the whole bottle. I don't really care too much for face washes and stuff, and my acne was gone and so were most of my scars so I never got around to buying a new one. My acne is BACK! and with that a whole new round of scars. I didnt really think at that time that this product was actually improving my skin and got rid of my acne, instead i just chalked it up to my hormone problems being fixed and the scars fading by themselves. The other day I was thinking why i started getting acne again, and then came to the conclusion that i stopped using this product so I am definitely adding this product to my daily regimen.
So, I can say that it did actually fade my scars overtime. It also helped my acne although I'm not sure if it is really meant for that. It was just a bonus for me. I would definitely recommend this product, especially if you have sensitive skin like me.

Rate and Discover Movies