5.0 out of 5 stars Great!
This doesn't have any of the chemicals that are being recalled in it. It's very good on sensitve skin b/c there is little scent to it. It's the best to use and I'd highly recommend it!
Published 13 months ago by kukoly

1.0 out of 5 stars Know what you buy
Added note: Aveeno is a Johnson & Johnson brand. It's supposed to be their 'better' brand of shampoo, but has same dangerous chemicals as all their lines of shampoos. The review is for this product, which we owned and used until we learned of this fiasco.

Published on November 17, 2011 by DM

1.0 out of 5 stars Know what you buy, November 17, 2011
DM (Chicago, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo with Natural Oat Extract 18-Ounce (Health and Beauty)

After years of being pressured to remove harmful chemicals from the baby shampoos, Johnson and Johnson finally announced today that they will phase them out in next 2 years or earlier. A simple google search of 'chemicals in baby shampoo' brings up articles from USA Today, Reuters, Associated Press, Fox News, CBS News, etc.

The 2 nocive chemicals are 1.4 dioxane and formaldehyde. None are listed in the ingredients section because they are a byproduct of other chemicals shown on the label. There are countless articles on this and this has been in the news at least twice in the past 2 weeks.

These substances are banned in most European countries, but still used by J&J in their US baby shampoo. Reason? They are very cheap to make and this market is not regulated. The fact that today they agreed to phase them out is a first step in the right direction, although it will not motivate me to ever buy their products again.

For now, we have stopped using this shampoo and are extremely disappointed in the way J&J has treated US babies. We bought 2 organic shampoos from Amazon, based on ratings from Skin Deep Database and plan to stay with these for now.

What should you do? I don't pretend I know what is good for your kids, but would recommend to do your homework about what you buy for them. Protecting them from all the chemicals in our life is impossible, but everything starts one step at a time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, June 29, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Johnson's alternative, November 19, 2013
smells good, approved by the EWG (environmental working group) as far as the quality and safety of its ingredients, and seems easy on the skin and eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value for a good product, November 28, 2012
My daughter's hair is very thin and tangles easily. This conditioning shampoo is about the only brand in baby shampoo that works for her. The more you use the easier it is to wash and comb, however. Does not bother her eyes or skin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive on Amazon, September 16, 2013
This is a really high price for this product on Amazon. It's a lot cheaper on other sites and in stores. I'm surprised...

1.0 out of 5 stars Ingredients, May 11, 2013
I actually loved this wash and used it on my baby for 8 months...until I came across an article online about Johnson & Johnson baby products and the gross/harmful ingredients they use. Then, to my surprise, I learned that this is a J&J product and guilty of the same issues. It gets a bad rating on the EWG website and I pretty much felt terrible once I realized I used this on my baby for 8 months. Granted, we can't shield our children from all toxins, but something about rubbing this stuff all over your baby's body for months made me feel pretty bad. I bought this with confidence based on the good Amazon reviews...but I guess I should have looked into it a bit more. Just switched to Earth Mama Angel Baby Wash (which also has a pump on it -- leaving one hand free to always be on/near baby in the tub).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great conditioning shampoo, also nice for soothing cradle cap, December 4, 2012
mommabear (CA United States) - See all my reviews
I had switched my daughter to this shampoo when she was about 2 1/2 and her hair got long enough to start tangling. It provided enough conditioner to help a bit with the tangles and did not weigh down her baby fine hair. After our son was born, he had bad cradle cap at around 2-3 months. This cleanser was very gentle on his delicate scalp. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle Cleansing without Overdrying, Good for Sensitive Skin, March 25, 2014
Aveeno is my go-to choice for baby bath products. I started using this with my son when he was three months old and he developed minor eczema. I didn't like how the standard Johnson's baby wash dried out his skin, and he would scream if I tried to use the Johnson's baby lotion. This was much gentler on his skin ... and smells nicer to boot.

Two years later, I'm still using Aveeno baby wash with my second child who is 6 weeks old. She recently developed a rash all over her head and chest, and Aveeno was plenty gentle and didn't irritate her at all.

Great for regularly bathing baby without over drying. Rinses easily, is super gentle, and smells great.

4.0 out of 5 stars The general good, February 23, 2014
The oatmeal bath dew is friend to help buy, no harm to children's skin, use effect also good, next time will come again to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Been using it for years, February 21, 2014
When I was pregnant with my first child, I did a lot of research on what soap to use. I read a lot of medical articles on johnson and johnson and found that they use so many chemicals in their soap, really scary stuff. I then read up on Aveeno and found that this was the safest and most effective product. And after two years and two babies using it, I can confirm this is a great, safe and effecitve product. It has a very light, pleasant smell and works on infants all the way up to dirty toddlers. It has never caused irritation and doesn't sting the eyes. It also creates good bubbles for a bubble bath. I only buy this product from Amazon because it is the best price.

Rate and Discover Movies