5.0 out of 5 stars I *know* its just water in a can...
I have no idea how this is amazing... let me tell you, I want to bathe in it. And no, not all of these products are created equal (in my experience). Avene is hands down the best:

Published 22 months ago by emily859

3.0 out of 5 stars great product, bad bottle
I have been using Avene thermal spring water for 3 years. And I like it very much. The only big problem is at least 2 large bottles stop working after only half through. No water comes out no matter how hard you press it. Still much water inside but I cannot get it out. Too bad, and I cannot quit using it so I have to buy another bottle... I also wish they could tell us...
Published on May 8, 2011 by Y. Xu

5.0 out of 5 stars I *know* its just water in a can..., March 19, 2013
This review is from: Avene Thermal Spring water spray 300 ml, 10.5 -Ounce Package (Health and Beauty)

I got into spritzing water on my face months ago. Trying to treat adult acne with only natural remedies turned out to be just as drying as modern chemical treatments. I first tried a cosmetic water-spray at a duty free shop in LAX back in May (can't remember brand). I was intrigued as it provided relief from dry skin, but they are ungodly pricey... I mean, its just water in a can, right? So I started cheaply, using distilled water in a glass spray bottle. This was alright, but seemed to have little impact on my overall skin quality. In January, I bought a travel sized Evian spray from Sephora. It was definitely more satisfying than the distilled water, but did not blow me away in terms of any benefits other than it was refreshing and cooling. It is also relatively expensive. That's when I noticed the reviews for Avene....

Compared to Evian, Avene is cheaper. It is easier to purchase on Amazon (more free shipping and/or Prime options) It is also, I believe, a huge factor in the recent improvement my skin, where I have changed nothing else. My face is softer, has a more even tone, less breakouts and when they do occur, they are smaller and less inflamed. It feels sooooo good (watch the addictive component!) but it really is just that great. Believe the reviews and ignore your mind telling you that buying water in a can is absurd. It is probably one of the best things I've ever found. If you have eczema, acne, dry skin, uneven tone, or you spend all day indoors, this will change your life.

Eventually, I would like to try more Avene products as they all seem to enjoy high ratings. I'm also not saying the Evian spray is bad, but I really think that the Avene spray is that much better. For people with less skin problems, Evian may be awesome, but for me, I'll be sticking with Avene.

5.0 out of 5 stars By all means, use it!, October 13, 2013
I have been using Thermal Spring Water for some 30 plus years. I am 62 years old and my skin has almost no wrinkles. I always use it after cleaning my face during shower. I spray my face, pat it, wait a bit, and only then apply mosturizer.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, July 29, 2012
I use it to set my makeup and it just makes everything blend beautifully. It also leaves my skin feeling fresh and cool. I like the price and the amount of product you get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!!, December 13, 2010
I love this product. It's the first time I used it and I love it. I keep it in the refrigerator and it feels so refreshing on those hot California days. Last forever, no odor, no perfume, no color. I'd definitely purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for ultra sensitive days when you have used too ..., July 2, 2014
Trust me this is not just water. It helps and heals your face in seconds upon application. Perfect for ultra sensitive days when you have used too much Antiaging products or spent extra time in the sun. A staple in your closet !

4.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, May 16, 2013
I love using during the day at work since I have such dry skin only issue it doesnt moisturize or do more than moisten my face. Good value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but worth it!, September 6, 2011
I bought this to cool down during pregnancy and labor and it really does the trick. It's refreshing and won't irritate your skin. Great for eczema too, that's what I used to use it for back in France where you can buy it over the counter at the pharmacy.

5.0 out of 5 stars a pleasant endnote to your skincare routine, January 23, 2015
I went into this a bit of skeptic -- is it water? An elixir? Magic potion? I've been using this for a few weeks, and while I can't speak to the mythical healing powers of French springs, I can say this is a lovely little luxury to add to your skin care routine. My skin is always at its most irritated after I wash it, so I try to only incorporate gentle products into my nighttime routine. The Avene Thermal Spray is a great product for calming my skin after using an exfoliator, a mask, or after a cleansing balm facial massage. I find it calms and primes my skin for my night cream. Avene is a great line in general, very gentle products that are effective and reasonably priced. You also get a ton of product for this price, 10X the small size of the Caudalie Elixir and it's less harsh, in my opinion. Is this particular product a must-have? I would say probably not, but if you're looking for a small luxury, I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, September 19, 2012
This is a wonderful spray.It feels to good and cool on your face while adding minerals to your skin. One warning though you can not shake the can, because if you do the high concentration of minerals clog the sprayer and you are done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing even for skin with eczema, July 31, 2013
Lori (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
I have battled eczema (rough, flaky skin in patches) throughout my life, as well as acne-prone skin. I purchased this spray as well as a new cleanser, and both have done wonders in keeping my skin hydrated and oil-free.

The spray is also designed well because it sprays a fine mist that covers my whole face and keeps spraying as long as I hold the top down; no need to pump multiple times. I was skeptical when I bought this because Amazon only lists water as its ingredient, but it has minerals and ions in it as well. I would recommend this for anyone with sensitive skin or eczema problems.