5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome C-Stand for a Great Price!, May 13, 2014
This review is from: Avenger A2033FCBKIT Steel 40-Inch Century Stand Grip Kit (Black) (Electronics)
Length:: 1:20 Mins

This C-Stand is great build quality, lots of nice little features, the kit includes powerful add-ons, and all for a great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great C-Stand for the price, October 31, 2011
I work in the production industry and I have used almost every kind of C-stand on the market at one time or another. This c-stand is a great product for the price. I like the matte black finish as it stand apart from other c-stands and if you happen to catch it in the frame for whatever reason it's much harder to see. The knob of the extension arm and gobo head come with a rubberized handle cover. It's at least as heavy and sturdy as other more expensive c-stands.

My only concern is the base legs and the tension system they use to keep the legs in place. Other c-stands come with a locking knob that when released the legs open and close with zero friction or tension and then are locked into place when you tighten the knob. This c-stand doesn't have a know at all. It uses an interesting method of vertical tension and the geometric shape of the connection between the legs and the main body of the c-stand. It's hard to explain but it means there is a lot of friction between several points of metal that seem to me would wear down over time and make the legs swing about loosely. The question is will this take years or months to happen? I guess I will find out as I have purchased two of these.

The bottom line is that this is a great c-stand for someone who doesn't use it on a daily basis. If your an indy film maker or in the low budget docu business this is the c-stand for you. If you work for Robert Rodriguez then you probably won't be reading this review anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars great sturdy equipent, July 2, 2013
I didn't realize this one doesn't allow you to remove the bottom so it fits in the carrying bag. Bummed about that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money. Simply a fantastic product., July 9, 2012
I appreciate things that are designed well and built to last, and this C-Stand from Avenger is both.

It's just incredible what you can do with diffusers and screens. It can hold an umbrella and flash (with the proper adapters of course) or it can hold a light modifier (I've used it to hold a Lastolite TriGrip), or you could mount a camera on it for hard-to-reach angles. The Avenger Grip Super Clamp is a must have accessory for this (I used the Super Clamp to hold the TriGrip).

It seems expensive but it's a tremendous value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product, February 3, 2011
There is not much to say about an avenger C-stand except if you need a C-stand then buy this. I use the product inside and outside with the extension arm or the D600 miniboom and the product cannot be faulted. It is heavy enough to hold most monolights + modifiers without sand bags of course unless I am using the boom arm. It folds up flat so it takes up very little room. Everything is solid and well built it is really hard to write a review about this product since there is really nothing I can fault it for so Get It!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME C STANDS!, April 4, 2013
These things the real deal. Very rugged construction with a nice black finish. Black C stands are awesome because they're typically less obtrusive, especially in darker settings. I bought two and I plan on buying more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Built, Very Useful, November 13, 2012
This stand is very well built, heavy duty and very flexible. The grip arm supports more weight that I'd have thought possible and has 1000 uses. I'd recommend purchasing with a pin Avenger E650 6-Inch Baby Pin With Collar (Silver) and sand bags like PBL Sandbag Heavyduty Saddlebag Design 4 Bags Holds 20lbs of Sand New Steve Kaeser Photographic Lighting. Based on my experience with this stand, I'll be buying a few more as I need them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent c stand, for medium to small needs., October 21, 2014
Richard John Nagel (NYC, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I work in TV, but wanted a durable c stand for my personal photo projects. Great size, great stability, and love that it's black in stead of the standard silver. Good for small instruments and not too super heavy materials. The more weight you intend to have on it, or the higher you intended to extend it, consider getting sand bags to secure your base.
I will be buying additional units.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid design, and looks cool in black!, June 18, 2014
We supplemented our video production studio gear with several of these earlier in the year, and loved them so much that I snagged several more. They're quite sturdy, and the arm is useful for a variety of uses. I've been attaching boom mics and GoPros on them for recent shoots.

These seem much more lightweight that the chrome C-stands, so there's a few larger light fixtures that I hesitate to place on them without having extra sandbags on hand.

I often call my studio "the batcave" having them in black not only seemed cooler, but they also disappear into the background on dark shoots and I don't have to worry as much about seeing them or getting a reflection.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best I think, November 18, 2013
One of the better options for a C-Stand in that how the legs fold in is the best in my opinion. No loosing a screw for them to swing but they are spring loaded moving out and in with a firm push locking to the open position with confidence but ease. It lives up to the Avenger reputation for being well made for a good price. I'd buy again no hesitation.