Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Avenger E650 6-Inch Baby Pin With Collar (Silver)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

97%

TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 5, 2016
This is a baby pin designed for use in a grip head. It will not mount correctly in most 5/8 inch receivers due to the 7/8” stop collar. Build is beefy—heavy duty chromed steel—and strong enough to serve as a railroad spike. This is a basic design and, thus, lacks a threaded socket and security cable hole. The 7/8” stop collar helps prevent it from sliding out of the grip head if you neglect to torque it all the way. At six inches it protrudes enough from the grip head to easily attach most lights and modifiers. Some of my other pins are only five inches and the extra inch makes installation in the grip and attachment of lights a little easier.

If someone asked me to design the perfect grip pin, it would be six inches long like this Avenger but have 3/8” threaded sockets, a security cable hole and a textured tip like Kupo pins. Nothing is perfect and at least this Avenger nails the basics exceedingly well: dependable, heavy duty and holds video lights like a champ.
on October 5, 2012
I purchased a c-stand/grip kit combo and was waiting to see if I could fashion something together from parts I had lying around in my gear pile. I really never was able to find something suitable because the grip kit is so solid that it didn't make sense to add something makeshift at the point where my light would be hanging.

Do yourself a favor - if you're ordering a grip kit and plan to hang something off of it, just order this - it is so very much worth the small price...
on April 14, 2015
Bought some c-stands with a boom but it doesn't come with this pin, which makes it about useless. This pin fits perfectly and certainly makes the stand usable. I was a bit worried because these seemed cheap, but the quality is certainly much higher than the price makes it look like it should be. A real bargain.
on January 18, 2013
This baby pin drops into the clamp on my boom arm and I use it to hang an Alienbee B800 upside down with a beauty dish on it. Does the job great.
on April 14, 2014
It's a heavy, chrome-plated steel 5/8 baby pin with a collar so it won't drop through your grip heads. Most commonly I use them to fix a light on the end of a grip arm when I only need a short boom out.

The collar prevents them from dropping through a grip head if you mount them inverted so a light is hanging rather than sitting on the pin. I'd still recommend a safety line on the light if you are using this pin inverted.
on May 28, 2014
I use this with the Einstein 640 lights and it works well with those. Solid piece of steel and machined nicely.
on November 22, 2014
I use this with a ‘C-stand complete’ that has the arm and knuckle (grip head). It allows a light or softbox to be angled in a different orientation to the arm. In my case the grip arm is at 45 degrees to the vertical stand and the softbox now faces down to the product table. Think of it like adding the range of motion given by a wrist on a human arm. This is a simple and solid product that helps you to get the most from your c-stand and grip head. Recommended.
on May 10, 2012
This should have came with my stand , but that's alright it works great. Helps to get better angles with my lights.
on November 13, 2012
This is a heavy, solid pin. I consider it a must to be ordered with any grip arm or universal clamp.
on December 3, 2012
Does exactly what I needed. This pin allows me to attach my strobes and hot lights to my C stands. Solid construction. No complaints. I only give it 4 stars because nothing's perfect, and people tend to distrust the 5 star reviews. Besides, it's just a piece of metal, but it works perfectly for my needs.