4.0 out of 5 stars Hello Newcomers!
As other reviewers said, this album is fairly mediocre considering the amount of talent that Marvel was able to put together here. I am glad to see familiar names, but disappointed with many of their offerings. The real meat of this soundtrack comes from bands I had never even heard of. Let me explain.

Track 1: Soundgarden's return to music and it certainly...
Published on May 3, 2012 by TheMagnificentR

2.0 out of 5 stars WTH - Merchandising Freak out?
What does this have to do with the Avengers movie? Once upon a time, when there were soundtracks like this, they actually had something to do with the freaking movie. They played during the movie, they were on the radio in the movie, they had something to do with a CHARACTER in the movie, for chrissake. I might as well rip my own soundtrack to the movie - it'll probably...
Published 16 months ago by Hawkeye Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Music to my ears, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Avengers Assemble (Audio CD)
If you don't like rock or metal then you won't like this. I however bought it because I tuend in on the music while watching the movie 7 hoped there was a sound track (as opposed to the Score which yes is available as well but that's jsut the more dramatic music by an orchestra and frankly if I'm going to listen to something like that.. it better be Mozart, bethoven or Tchovsky (sp?)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good album, November 17, 2013
This review is from: Avengers Assemble (MP3 Music)
Solid "inspired by" soundtrack. I honestly just got it for "Live to Rise" but the more I listened to it but it holds up very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, September 15, 2013
This review is from: Avengers Assemble (Audio CD)
Hardly noticed these songs at all in the movie, but I love them! A bunch of my favorite artists playing new music? Yes please!

4.0 out of 5 stars Betther than I expected for a Marvel movie soundtrack, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Avengers Assemble (Audio CD)
After a few plays I liked it more and more. My favorite track is "Comeback" by Redlight King while "Live to Rise" is the one many will recognize from the ending credits.

5.0 out of 5 stars IF YOU LOVE MOVIES THAN MUSIC, August 4, 2013
This review is from: Avengers Assemble (MP3 Music)
Prepare to pour melted butter on this master piece of lobster rock. I personally attest to the venerable intricacies of articulate inflammation. There is no raciness in the beats but butter us better for rocking the lobster pot. Inadvertent proliferation was pre-deterministic oligarchy. Hugs and chocolate kisses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting music, May 31, 2013
This review is from: Avengers Assemble (MP3 Music)
I was so excited to try this syrup, but I immediately did not care for the smell or the taste.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised!, April 20, 2013
This review is from: Avengers Assemble (Audio CD)
To be honest, I purchased this CD for one main reason --- "Live to Rise" by Soundgarden. Personally, I think this song alone was worth the (fair) price of the disc. The song, itself, is more restrained and melodic than much of Soundgarden's previous harder-edged offerings, but, it is just as powerful! The lyrics are both uplifting and inspiring and showcase Chris Cornell's incredibly dynamic vocal style. And, the guitar solo demonstrates Kim Thayil's virtuosity. As an aside, if you listen closely to the second half of the song, you can definitely hear elements of "Spoonman" in the rhythm. In my opinion, "Live to Rise" is one of Soundgarden's best efforts.

I am not going to bore anyone with my personal "play-by-play" analysis and critique of each song on this disc. After all, it would only reflect my own personal tastes and preferences. Instead I would encourage everyone to check out Amazon's MP3 sampler or YouTube to get an idea of the songs and form your own opinion. However, I am going to hedge a bit and say that of the many highlights on this disc, my personal favorite, other than Soundgarden’s “Live to Rise”, is the haunting, enticing voice of Amy Lee in the Evanescence song “A New Way to Bleed.”

The CD, itself, has 13 songs from 13 different artists. The production quality is excellent. There are quite a variety of styles and approaches to each artist's contribution to this soundtrack. Some of the artists are established and some are fairly new. But, I can say that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of most, if not all, of the songs. Maybe, it is because I did not have high expectations (or preconceived notions), but I found this soundtrack to be very listenable and enjoyable. I would definitely recommend it to anyone with an open mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars neat, March 24, 2013
This review is from: Avengers Assemble (Audio CD)
great neat good super awesome good excellent .it was wonderful surprise delightful summer of fun.like as fun as a pearl jam show

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift, February 13, 2013
This review is from: Avengers Assemble (Audio CD)
I bought this for my son. We love the movie and knew we would love to listen to the music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good soundtrack even though its only 'inspired' by the movie., January 11, 2013
This review is from: Avengers Assemble (MP3 Music)
There are too many movies lately that have soundtracks that are 'inspired' by the movie and this is no exception. The album only has 2 songs from the movie. It was good though.

Avengers Assemble
Avengers Assemble by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2012)
Rate and Discover Movies